Greetings

Applications to the ESUS will be processed here.
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Incorporated States of
Name: Miskonia

Greetings

Post by Celestial Seibutsu »

So Trailers has been bothering me for the past week or so to get around to joining the ESUS and putting up the formal post between our two nations. Trailers and I have been friends in real life for... oh I guess a few years(I'm the dipwad who still gives him rides all over town :P ). Anyway, we've put a bit of a plan into motion setting me up as an ex-territory of his, Celestial Seibutsu just formally declared autonomy.

I have until the end of June to get as much stuff as possible into a bit of professional RPing that I've been craving so much. I haven't found one as good as NS and from what I've seen the ESUS as a subsidiarity. After that I ship out (in which case trailers will need to get a car that doesn't fall apart or enjoy veering to the left side of the road). Just want everyone to understand that this is a limited engagement unless I get net sometime after boot camp. :)

So I'd like to formally apply for membership in the ESUS.(I'd also like to note that I am a published writer, so give me something challenging for the test ;) )
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Re: Greetings

Post by Trailers »

Tester forthcoming, also rofl.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Why halo there. A published writer you say? I expect you to BLOW our minds then :3
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Zerstorendar wrote:Why halo there. A published writer you say? I expect you to BLOW our minds then :3
I shall try. :3

No promises, all my published works are short stories so keeping a character longer than two pages is weird to me. :P
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Real quick question: Published where?

Also, short stories are pretty much what the RP test is about. You'll probably do fine.

Heck, I passed and I can barely bring myself to write more than a few sentences at a time without a lot of agony.
This won't end well.
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan

The Cerberus Alliance wrote:Real quick question: Published where?
"Writers Developer: Creating Characters Without Events"
"Writers Developer: Don't Look Back"
"Writers Developer: Why Plan?"
"Writers Developer: What's Your Name?"

It's a writers magazine that used to be published in South Florida, I wrote a few example stories for the article. You can't really call it a magazine since it was one big article with about 3 one page articles surrounding it. More like a help yourself book kind of thing. I also believe I was published in a short stories book to do with cyberpunk, but at that point I had surrendered rights to the story other than just my name being on the bottom.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Ook, here goes.

Test #1: A successful rebellion of the common folk has brought about the economical ruin of your nation. In the resulting chaos, the new ruling party has had to take steps even more tyrannical than the old dictator just to keep the peace. You are a working class citizen living in the capital, play this out to a reasonable resolution.

Test #2: Today is the maiden voyage of your races first FTL capable vessel. The journey is scheduled to travel from your homeworld to the most distant planet in the solar system. The outcome is up to you, as is your characters role in the action; beit president or ruler, pilot of the craft, or general.

Test #3: Six years ago, a mysterious and virtually incurable virus swept across your planet, killing billions. Casualties worldwide are estimated to be over 65%. You are the elected leader of the newly formed government. RP first contact with another country country in six long years, and decide the fate of your people.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Test 1:

Daughter
“One C man.�
“Huh?�
“The nourishment clippings. Total comes to one Celestial.�
“Oh… yea… right.� Chin searched his pockets. It took some digging but he found what felt like a Celestial Minai. He pulled it out and looked at it, and noticed it had a mark on it from where a street hov ran over it. His daughter had given it to him. He reminded himself he had to stop thinking of her, but he couldn’t. Not since the government had taken her from him. He tried searching his pockets for more change, but he couldn’t find anything. This was his last coin until next week. He debated not eating, thinking maybe he could keep the coin. He quickly gave up on the thought though and surrendered the sentimental coin and took his clippings.

Life wasn’t the same since The New Celestial had overthrown the government. It had taken them a week to completely change life of anyone who made less than five thousand Celestials a month. It’d taken a week to change the market completely. Yea, before they took over the entire empire was in a recession, but even though they’d restored the market to it’s former glory, Chin still felt like crap. Their first move was to forcefully take all children over the age of two and force them into government controlled schooling. Second was to create over twenty million jobs by constructing more schools. Chin had a job as a construction worker. It was the first time he’d had a job in a year. It was the first time he had money that didn’t go to food in his entire life. It was the first time he could save money and not starve. He still didn’t feel any better; they had taken Sarah, His little girl.

No, he couldn’t afford to feed her before the change of government, but that didn’t give the government any right to take her. He’d have found a way. He’d have found a way even if it meant he starved so she could eat. They had no right, no right at all to take his seven year old daughter.

The walk home was long. He couldn’t stop thinking about that coin. He wished he hadn’t have had to spend it. He wished it wasn’t the only thing he had left of Sarah. He wished he had something left of her. He wished he had bartered to keep the coin. He wished he hadn’t sold her hair brush for food. He wished he had fought more when he was robbed of her mirror. But most of all, most of all; he wished he still had her, he wished he’d done something to get her back; he wished he could see her smile again, just one more time.

He stepped into his empty house. Jenna wouldn’t be home for another hour. She worked an hour or so later than he did, but started much earlier. She worked as a desk clerk at the Government Construction Agency. He sat down in the closest chair and sat there for an hour. He didn’t move much, just sat. Jenna walked in and sat down next to him. She leaned into him without saying anything, he put his arm around his wife and they sat there in their own psychological depression until finally she got up and took his hand and let him to bed, where the slept until they started the exact same day over again, with just a pinch more misery.

After fifteen years, he still thought about the coin. He’d had seven children since Sarah, and he’d had all but Jack taken from him, and the government would be in next month to collect Jack. He’d moved up from construction worker to engineer, he had money to spend on occasion, he never went hungry, and he lived life every day with a little bit of happiness, but he still thought of Sarah. By no means rich or even middle class, he’d still adapted to the strict harsh laws set in place, molded around to fit the grove he was expected to fit, and even had an almost normal life. But he still thought of Sarah.

The government wasn’t that bad, they’d fixed the economy and even sent him a message for all of his children explaining what they were doing now and how successful they were. Aurro was a development scientist; Lisra had become a salvage mechanic; Jannie was his second oldest and was most proud of her, she had become a personal secretary to Karasu Oujo;. Jammie, Jannie’s twin, was still in schooling as far as he was informed; and Mura had left for school only a year ago.

He’d finally accepted the fact the government took his children, but he still couldn’t let go of Sarah. He had never received a letter about her. He still wondered. She was his oldest of course.

Chin was startled from his trip down memory lane when his door alarm sounded. Jenna answered the door. After a few moments she came into the room he was sitting in and put her hands on his shoulders “Chin, it’s for you.�
“Who is it?�
“I don’t know, she just said she was looking for you.�
Chin got up from his chair and walked to the door. “Yes?�
“You’re Chin Masurao?� The woman speaking was a bit talker than him. She looked to be in her twenties, likely early twenties. She had long blonde hair pulled back tightly into a ponytail, and she wore some kind of official looking armor, although Chin didn’t recognize it.
“That’s me.�
“I’m your daughter.�
Chin staggered back. It’d be 15 years, had it really been 15 years? He didn’t even recognize here. Of course he didn’t, the last time he’d seen her she was just a little girl. Was it really her? Could this be some sick joke? Thousands of questions raced through his head, but he could only manage to ask one. “You’re Sarah?�
“Yes sir.�
The thought that this could really be her suddenly concreted into his brain. “I’ve never met any of my children grown up. I thought it was illegal.�
�Normally yes. I’m a bit different.�
“Apparently. I never received a letter when you graduated.� Chin was still in shock, but he held his composure.
“That’s because I haven’t graduated yet. And that’s why I’m here as well, to deliver that very letter. I graduated Yesterday�
“Yesterday? You’re twenty two. Shouldn’t you have graduated years ago?�
“I’m a PHANTOM. The education program is a bit longer.�
“PHANTOM? Is that some military thing?�
“Yes sir. I can’t tell you anything more than that. And you’re letter.� She handed him a folded envelope. It was paper. None of the previous letters had been on paper, they’d all been electronic.
“Goodbye.� She turned and started walking away.
“Wait, Sarah.� She turned around and looked at him, waiting on him to speak. “Will… Will I ever see you again?�
“Not likely.� She walked away and he let her. He closed the door, walked inside, and sat down. He carefully opened up the envelope, and pulled out the paper letter. He was surprised to notice it was hand written, he assumed it was her handwriting.
  • Dear Father,
    I know we were separated when I was seven and I’m sure you were very upset over that. I’m a grown woman now, and while all I can tell you is that I’m in the military, I want you to know I’m happy.

I have a few memories of you before we were separated, and I want you to know I treasure those few memories however vague they are. During my training I was tasked with following you covertly and learning anything I could about you. From that exercise I have learned what a great man you are. I wish I had the opportunity to spend time with you, and I wish the situation we find ourselves in was different.

I want you to know I have the utmost respect for you. I believe that all of your children are a mark as to what a great person you are, and how much of an impact you have made on this world, and exactly how much you are needed to make this empire run. I have met and spoken to Jannie, and she has received special permission to spend time with you sometime this year. I want you to know that I wish I could be there, and that she will carry messages from me about my tour of duty.

I wish you the best in all of your endeavors of life, and I will do what I can to see you again after my tour of duty. See you in twenty years I hope.

Love,
    Lieutenant Sarah Masurao
    Sub-Commander of the second PHANTOM deployment
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Test 2:

Father
  • Dear Father,

It has been a few years since we spoke. I know you do not agree with my decision to continue my service to the military, but I see that as a minor disagreement. It is both my fault and your fault we have fallen out of contact. I’d like to extend an olive branch here. I have a few days of leave left to spend. Let’s meet somewhere for a vacation, just the two of us. I think it’d be fun. What do you say dad?

Love,
    Lieutenant Commander Jack Michaels

Dear Father,

I’m sorry you feel that we disagree so much that you will not answer my letter. We parted in anger but I was to hope we could set that aside. No matter how much we disagree I am still your son, and you are still my father.

I’d like to try this again father. I have been promoted to Commander and there’s a formal ceremony as well as a party afterwards. I’d like to invite you and I hope to see you there.

Love,

• Dear Mother,

I have sent two letters to Father and he has yet to respond either time. I understand we parted with displaced feelings but I have set those differences aside, and I wish for him to do so as well. I would hope you can talk to him into at least responding to me.

I would also like to invite you to my promotion ceremony. I have been promoted to Commander. There will be a formal dinner as well as a party afterwards. I have invited father, but I don’t think he will come, but I would love to see you there.

Love,

Dear Jack,

I wish there was a better way to tell you this, but shortly after you decided to continue your career in the military, your father and I legally separated. He couldn’t let go of his hatred of your decision, and refused to do anything other than sulk in his own hate. I cannot live with a man like that. I regret to say I will not be able to convince your father of anything.

It’s a dreaded thing to have tell you of, so lets speak of better things. I’m ecstatic for your promotion to Commander, I believe you’ve deserved it for a while now. I will most definitely be at your ceremony. I’m so happy for you.

Love,
Mira Jamerson

P.S. Why haven’t you changed your automated signature to reflect your new rank?

• Dear Father,

I’ve been stationed on the USCS Iliad as the executive officer. I’d like to invite you to our maiden voyage which will also be the first wink voyage. We’ll be traveling to the edge of the Celestial System in the first flight. I’m to understand tickets are extremely expensive so I have gone through the trouble to secure tickets for both you and mother. I will be giving a personal speech and I’d like you to be there.

Love,
    Commander Jack Michaels

Dear Mother,

I’ve been stationed on the USCS Iliad as the executive officer. I’d like to invite you to our maiden voyage which will also be the first wink voyage. We’ll be traveling to the edge of the Celestial System in the first flight. I’m to understand tickets are extremely expensive so I have gone through the trouble to secure tickets for both you and father, even though I doubt he’ll show up. I will be giving a personal speech and I’d like you to be there.

If you’ve already purchased tickets I can get them returned for full value. No use wasting Minai.

Oh and thank you for the reminder to change my automated signature. I had forgotten to change it.

Love,
Commander Jack Michaels

• Dear Father,

I’m sorry you missed the maiden voyage, I’m to understand from mother it was extremely entertaining. I wish I could inform you that we were having the same entertainment right now. I’m sure the news has reported on the hostile alien race we encountered on the last planet of our system. They’ve successfully disabled our winking technology somehow and we’re forced to fight them. They’re fierce fighters and very intelligent. The admiral says we’ll be out here for quite a while unless somehow we find a trick way out. I miss you.

Love,
    Commander Jack Michaels

Dear Mother,

I’m very glad you enjoyed the maiden voyage, it took me quite some work to secure those good seats. I wish I could inform you that we were having the same entertainment right now. I’m sure the news has reported on the hostile alien race we encountered on the last planet of our system. They’ve successfully disabled our winking technology somehow and we’re forced to fight them. They’re fierce fighters and very intelligent. The admiral says we’ll be out here for quite a while unless somehow we find a trick way out.

I miss you. Before every engagement I think of the time we spent together at my promotion ceremony. I wish I could go back to that day. The fighting is terrible, we lose more and more great men every day, and I wish I knew how to stop it. I hope sincerely that you’re in a better situation than mine.

In your response, please keep your message to under 200 characters, I’m unable to receive anything over that due to limitations of computer space.

Love,
Commander Jack Michaels

• Dear Jack,

The news has reported on much of the action, and I have seen some brutal footage of combat. Please stay safe, I don’t know what I’d do with myself if I lost you. You’re everything to me. Come home soon.

Love,
    Mira Jamerson

Dear Mira Jamerson mother of Jack Michaels

It is with my deepest regret that I write to you. On 3 January of the new calendar year of 1254, at 1153 hundred hours, your son, Commander Jack Christian Michaels was killed in the defense of his ship.

Earlier in the week Captain Kameal Huntlem was killed due to an accidental firearm discharge which left Jack Michaels as acting captain of the USCS Iliad . Your son was the bravest man I have ever met. He moved the
Iliad into a blocking position to stop aggressive attacks at the rest of the undefended fleet giving the fleet valuable time to bring shields and weapons online. He was killed when his ship’s shields failed and the ship was boarded. While the boarding party was eventually stopped and forced off, they were able to capture the bridge where your son was holding up. He was found with a knife in his hand with his pistol found inches from his body, all ammunition empty.

I would like you to know your son died with honor, and has the utmost respect of the fleet. On the 6th of January there will be a fleet-wide memorial service to remember how his sacrifice saved the entire fleet. He will receive full military honors of burial in space.

I would also like to inform you that I have put your son in for the Celestial Medal. I cannot officially tell you that, but I feel you need to know. What he did was the most honorable thing any man can do for his people, and it deserves the highest honor.

Deepest Condolences,
Lieutenant Admiral James Patterson
Commander of the 5th fleet

• Dear Noah Michaels father of Jack Michaels

It is with my deepest regret that I write to you. On 3 January of the new calendar year of 1254, at 1153 hundred hours, your son, Commander Jack Christian Michaels was killed in the defense of his ship.

Earlier in the week Captain Kameal Huntlem was killed due to an accidental firearm discharge which left Jack Michaels as acting captain of the USCS Iliad . Your son was the bravest man I have ever met. He moved the
    Iliad into a blocking position to stop aggressive attacks at the rest of the undefended fleet giving the fleet valuable time to bring shields and weapons online. He was killed when his ship’s shields failed and the ship was boarded. While the boarding party was eventually stopped and forced off, they were able to capture the bridge where your son was holding up. He was found with a knife in his hand with his pistol found inches from his body, all ammunition empty.

I would like you to know your son died with honor, and has the utmost respect of the fleet. On the 6th of January there will be a fleet-wide memorial service to remember how his sacrifice saved the entire fleet. He will receive full military honors of burial in space.

I spoke to your son on an increasing basis after his ascension to acting captain. He held you with the utmost respect and while I do not know of your personal relationship with your son, I know your son loved you very much. I’m very sorry for your loss.

I would also like to inform you that I have put your son in for the Celestial Medal. I cannot officially tell you that, but I feel you need to know. What he did was the most honorable thing any man can do for his people, and it deserves the highest honor.

Deepest Condolences,
    Lieutenant Admiral James Patterson
    Commander of the 5th fleet

Noah Wept.
Celestial Seibutsu
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Test3:
Brightened Smiles
Karasu took a step into the situation room. That was when it all exploded, a mass of people began speaking at once, asking questions. The only thing he could discern from all of it was, “Sir, they’ve hit Camuro.�
He grabbed his head and screamed. “ SHUT UP!� The room went silent as everyone sat down.
“Ok, now that I can breath, Admiral, what’s the situation.�
Admiral Paleion stood up leaving everyone seated. “Sir, initial reports say that a nuclear weapon went off in Camuro. We’re assuming a suitcase bomb, since our missile defense systems didn’t light up.�
“Alright, what do we know?�
“That’s all we know sir.�
“Who? When? Why?�
“No clue sir, at this point all we know is that the explosive was nuclear and it was set off somewhere in Camuro. At this point all communications are out, and most of Camuro has been destroyed. We’re assuming somewhere around eight million dead.�
“Do we have anything near by? Anything to get some information.�
“No sir, as of right now we’re expecting a follow up. I’m prepared to send the sixth naval fleet anywhere it’s needed, with the fifth behind for shore protection.�
“Ground troops?�
General Cambridge spoke up. “Sir, I am prepared to activate all of our reserve components, the 635th is prepared for any aerial insertion, with the eighth and 72nd armors ready to defend any of our borders.�
“Go ahead and do that, let’s get a news real out and see who claims it.�
James Patterson spoke up this time, “Sir, you want to leak the information? This is a vital security issue, I am strongly recommending that we keep this to ourselves for as long as possible.�
“That’s what my predecessor did with The Hex, and look where it got us. I’m not going to lie to my people, I’m not going to give them any bullshit. They’re going to find out eventually, might as well find out now. So thank you for your input, and as my Secretary of Civilian Affairs I respect your ideas, but in this situation, you’re wrong. I’m new here, so I don’t really know exactly how things work around here. What I do know, is how things are going to run now that I’m here. I want to get something in the air, on the ground, something to let any survivors know we know what’s happened. I want to know who did this, and if we don’t find out, we’ve got our own nukes and we’ll just pick someone and send them to the stone age. Someone will pay for this. Someone will bleed for all of our blood spilled here. We will make an example of what will happen from here on our. We will explain in heavy lead detail what happens when you screw with us. So, how soon can we have a recon on Camuro?�
“I’ll get it done immediately sir.� And with that General Cambridge got up and left to go get things started.

After ten minutes of debating on the who, Karasu’s secretary stepped into the room. “Sir, there’s an open communication for you. They won’t explain who they are.�
“Patch them through.�
“Yes, sir.�
The comlink in the center of the table snapped on.
“Good morning President Karasu Oujou. How are you this beautiful bright morning?�
“President Mauri Kamuri, you wouldn’t be calling unless you had a reason, cut to the chase.�
“Oh, you’re a little grumpy this morning. What’s wrong is the sun too bright?�
“What do you want?�
“To accept your surrender of course, why else would we have bombed your largest city.�
Karasu reached over and muted the comlink. “Is the news real out yet?�
“No sir.�
“Cut it, put them into it. No need to guess who it was now. And get the general to draw up an attack plan.�
He let go of the mute key.
“And why the hell should I surrender when my military can tear you to pieces overnight?�
“Because if you don’t, I’ll just detonate all the other suitcase bombs we have in every one of your major cities. You have 10 minutes, decide quickly.� The comlink shut off.
“Fuck the plans, launch everything we have.�
“Sir, I don’---� The Admiral stood up.
“Shut up, unfortunately I’ve had the discomfort of having met Mauri, she’s very straight and to the point, she wants us to surrender so that she can say she got it. It doesn’t matter if we surrender or if we don’t. She’ll fire everything anyway. It wouldn’t surprise me if whatever she has is just on a timer. The other option is she’s bluffing. Either way, destroy the entire country.�
His secretary walked out of the room and returned a minute later. “Sir, the orders are sent.�
“Good, let’s start evacuating the major cities, Get whatever military units we can spare to help keep it orderly. Get my granddaughter somewhere safe, out of the country, she’s not old enough to be in this. And get me President Clearos, I think we need an ally he--�
He never finished his sentence.