The Anaematicka League - Application.

Applications to the ESUS will be processed here.
Anaematicka League
The Mindset's Bitch

The Anaematicka League - Application.

Post by Anaematicka League »

G'day, I would like to apply for a spot in ESUS, using one of the RP nations I've currently been working on, the Anaematicka League.

A short WiP overview of my nation:
The Anaematicka League is a neo-theological forced federation of protectorates, with a dominant culture that divides in a technocratic religion(Called the Animatick) a religious and a Darwinistic-Existentialistic religion(The Anaema), combined into the philosophical concept which is called the Anaematicka, an ideology where Technology and Theocracy meets, where the gift of Machinery is worshipped as a gift from God.

The political system of the Nation can be described as a militaristic neo-theo/techno-cracy, where those who are the most "gifted" in Darwinistic-creationist features are chosen to lead the nation.

The concept of Darwinism should be properly explained, since their views on creating a Geniocracy where only the most powerful may lead are not from an evolutionist point of view like ours(Such as natural intelligence), but from a creationist point of view where they believe those who have are thought to be Most Divine in their ressurected physicial and mental atavistic features are destined to lead.

This means, that the Anaema view evolution not as a chain of endless repetition; they believe that hidden genetical information is a gift from an ancient and physically long dead God, a Divine Being guiding an ancient civilisation who's citizens who were above the "animalistic"and mere mortal humans which dwell the planet today.
But, as believed by the Anaematicka, before the ancient God died(and with him his grip on the natural evolutionary process which would devolve man-kind back to it's animalistic state) he was able to grant mankind a hidden gift through evolution; The evolutionary gift of hidden atavistic genetical information, which can only be ressurected through his second gift; the ability to create AI, which does not only make Man creators close to the God himself, but is needed to ressurect the lost ancient features of mankind itself.

This creates a theocratic society where it's inhabitants are aware of the fact there once was a physical thing as a God; and that it has gifted them with a purpose, a goal to create life as if they were Gods themselves if you will. A neo-theoretical state which is existentialistic, where it's denizens are aware that their God is dead, but that he has given them purpose of reclaiming their divine state through technology and the very evolutionary system which has chained humanity.

This is why the Animaticka(though highly advanced, it's "style" and choice of technology mostly resembles a mixture of Da Vinci and machinery of the industrial revolution), the grasp of technology, is worshipped as a religion and respected; it creates an atmosphere where "mere humans" which haven't been gifted with divinity through their genes are able to able to socially climb the ladder and influence the Federation.

Well, so, that's about it. I do hope that this fits into the RP game you play. If not, I will of course make adjustments where needed.

Cheers.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Re: The Anaematicka League - Application.

Post by Metallinauts »

I will post a test for you in a little while, I am working on homework at the current time.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Ok First off let me welcome you to the ESUS testing apparatus. Here are some helpful hints:

-Use the spell check and grammar check feature on your word processor

-Be original! It makes for a more interesting read.

-If you must use a cliche make it an interesting one, other wise you will hemorrhage points from me.

-A thesaurus can be your friend.

-These tests don't have to be canon to your nation, in fact you don't even have to RP as your nation.

-Take your time, I have as much time as I need to grade, you have as much time as you need to make the grade.

That being said, let's begin.

Scenario #1: It is the advent of the era in which your nation makes its first major foray into space. You are about to embark on colonization of your moon (or one of them if you have more than one). However, after the colonization vessel has left for the moon it is hijacked by religious fundamentalists who are saying this is an affront to [the] God(s). They are planning to blow up the vessel if their demands are not met. Play the role of EITHER one of the terrorists and then their successful or failed attempt at winning their demands; or one of the soldiers that were on board and their successful or failed attempts at thwarting the extremists.
Anaematicka League
The Mindset's Bitch

I've noticed that most stories in most applications are shorter than the actual RP I wrote for the application, so here is the first part. If I need to write more to pass theapplication, please tell me so.

A small shriek broke the silent tension in the room. Slowly and excruciating, the hatch door opened, allowing small pockets of light to escape the outside interior and lit up the small control chamber more with each further push against the hatch of the door.

A shadowed silhouette slipped into the room, creating a rudimentary and grotesque shade in the tiny room.

“Close the door.�

The figure turned around, making it’s shadow on the ground suddenly respond in a way as if it knew that he was about to fade away; as if it danced in panic, know it’s last seconds were near, before the door was finally shut down, killing the shade and the silhouette altogether.

“What’s the current status?� It was the same voice.

The figure who had just entered the room was almost invisible now in the darkness, but a small light was still emitting underneath the hatch door, making it’s body movement slightly observable. He appeared to be leaning down towards the darkness.

“The outside corridors and dormitories seem to be deserted, milord. But I cannot say I am certain, nor can I tell about the security passages which surround the engine rooms and the Captain’s bridge. It does not seem that they were given the access codes to the Weapon’s Arsenal, or know of it’s existence.�

“I see. Any sighting of the hijackers, or perhaps, possible survivors?�

“No milord. The dormitories were in a dire state after the initial battle, and is scattered with corpses, mostly civilian casualties.�

“So our enemy has decided to fortify themselves in the heart of the Sant Draco, because, fortunately for us, is unprepared and does not fully know the lay-out of the Ship. I think the terrorists are at least thinned out after the battle for the lower engine rooms by clean sweeping our fallen comrades.�

A green light suddenly flickered in the room, and was pointed towards the floor. Another sound, which resembled the unfolding of parchment, followed. A map was laid out under the green-flashlight which seemed to be the lay-out of the ship. The image of the man who was holding the flashlight became clear, though it did not help much of saying who, or even better, what he was.
He seemed to be.. different, no, a remnant of something which was once a human being, but still shared the same social and lingual similarities towards the species he once was related to. His face was clouded by a mechanised and, strangely enough, animated rebreathing mask, which could only resemble the realisation of crude sketches and drawings of long dead scientists who wanted to give an interpretation of what the device should actually look like in it’s alpha phase. Small rotors, or, wheels even, were working hard to create oxygen for the wearer; or, so at least, it looked like as if that was it’s initial purpose.
He wore a standard military trench coat, though shortened a bit to become more practical for daily space-ship use. Strangely enough, his eyes weren’t covered by the crudely animated mask; they were processing the information given on the map, in a quick and uncanny way which could only point out the amount of stress the character had to bear with.

Around him, about seven figures started to come out of the darkness, wanting to take a look for the map themselves. They were holding rifles, no, something which closely resembled to a design of futurised bayoneted muskets which were constantly animated with it’s rotation wheels on the outside, creating a strange effect.
They wore the identical standard military uniform as what appeared to be the commander; trench coats and rebreathing masks, while some wore standarized military helmets which offered extra protection next to the heavier metal-like flak jackets they were wearing.

One of the soldiers that was standing close to the officer began to speak.

“Milord, no radio contact with the rest of the 173rd battalion as of yet. The ship’s AI seems to have been ordered to emit a radio-distort EMP over the ship, which makes communication impossible, for each side. That means that the rest of our unit could still be alive, but is scattered, and that the Terrorists want to keep us divided at all times, sacrificing their own communication possibilities to do so.�

“I see. This might put us on the advantage, as long as they aren’t able to manipulate the AI in a way that they are able to communicate effectively.�

“The EMP transmitting is one of the AI’s automatic auto-defence systems, milord. It might have been activated by the AI itself, effectively destroying outgoing communication for each side. This means that the very defence-mechanism that is supposed to aid the defenders of the Sant Draco is aiding the very thing it’s supposed to isolate in the first place. But, if the AI has activated the EMP itself, a help signal for reinforcements from the orbit has been sent. Which means that we are soon to be relieved. If the AI was somehow miraculously hacked by another entity, it effectively shuts down every bit of communication with the outside world.�

The reconnaissance soldier that just entered the room turned over to the conversation.

“I was not able to enter certain rooms, even with the correct emergency codes. It was blocked by the Draco AI. Does this mean that the terrorists have grasped full control milord?�

“That would be likely.� The officer turned back to the map while fixing his torch on a certain part of the map.

“But, as I said, they have taken heavy casualties during the failed ambush in Dormitory section 8A. It’s logical to retreat to the captain’s deck while securing the security corridors after losing so much manpower, leaving them with only the option to cover less ground. And they are not coming out when they have the situation ‘under control.’ “
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Ok, if there is more to the story I will hold off reading this post. Don't worry about length I enjoy reading. Just put up what you feel is the best that you can do. Trust me I doubt you can out do Nobuseri/Kreshh's application length.
Anaematicka League
The Mindset's Bitch

Alright. Just a quick question between the stories though. How important is the initial goal of the protagonists in the scenario you gave me?

Because I am quite unsure about what you really expect from the story in the application, and if I can simply write to a point where you find it "good enough", or simply write a complete story. If it's the second case, this story will be lots, lots longer since I've only pretty much done the character and situation introduction. I would like to know if I should write this to the end to get accepted by making the story mission either succeed or fail, and how much the fail/success part weighs in a succesful application.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Ok, the success/fail of the parties has no wright on your score at all. The goal is relatively unimportant, though if you are creative with it it might score you points. If it is long, it is long, just do it right by you :)
Anaematicka League
The Mindset's Bitch

Continuation of the story, and, my last one unless further writing is required for an accepted application.

The Officer stood up, turned around and carefully walked away from the map and the group, while lighting up new sections of the outer control chamber. A green light focussed on a set of crates, making the rest of the room and it’s temporary inhabitants slowly succumbed again in the darkness.

He pulled away some sheets and lifted some storage crates; until he found what seemed to be a heavy iron crate which bore a seal on it, though it’s actual colour was hard to tell due to the colour distortion of the flashlight.
He began started pulling his left sleeve back to his elbow. For a face so gruesome and twisted, no, even abominated if you will, his arms seemed to have been spared the mechanical fate his face had suffered; pure one-hundred percent biological.
The officer slowly began to remove the glove from his left hand. The gloves, which looked like some sort of thick-brown leather, bore the exact same seal on it’s wrist as the seal on the crate. With each pull on one of the fingertips of the gloves to remove it as a whole, the index of his hand seem to become more.. well, dead. As if the index of his hand was somehow affected by gangrene of some sort, creating dead tissue, but instead paling his hand to an unhealthy body-colour instead of turning black.
Halfway the index of his hand, his skin tone began to change again, as if the dead but perfectly preserved tissue was just a sub-phase of what was about to come.

The Commander quickly gave a pull on the index finger of his glove, revealing something which could only resemble something close to a realisation of a crude mechanical prototype of what used to be a mechanical replacement for a hand. It seemed like metal, or some sort of auto-mail. With the revelation of the actual implant, the reason for the dead-tissue at the index of the hand was revealed; Animated clockwork-like mechanics came out of the knuckles of the finger, it seemed more rudimentary than highly advanced.

The officer picked held the lock of the crate with it’s right hand in place. He made a fist out of his mechanised left hand, ready to ram the lock. Two direct were enough; the lock quickly gave ground and was forced to reveal the contents of the crate.
He opened the crate, and moved it towards the soldiers, showing them what the actual contents where.

It seemed to be a military ammo and weaponry emergency container; it contained shotgun shell –like ammo rounds for standard Anaematick assault rifles, which were advanced enough to use several calibres of weaponry.
Also, more interestingly, It contained a monstrosity of a weapon which could be used to destroy a tank or, more beneficial to the situation the small unit was in, a weapon used to break through anything, be it doors or defensive positions. It didn’t seem to use normal rocket-like rounds, but the power-pack and complicated-looking set of wires could only imply it was some sort of advanced offensive lass-technology.

The soldiers eagerly began to take things such as ammo, small hand-pistols(They appeared to be lass-charged just as the heavy weaponry; perhaps to save the extra space for the bullet-ammo they carried for their guns) and things such as bandages, syringes and other first-aid attributes out of the crate.

The squad-leader did not seem to be interested in taking the fight to the enemy with a standard assault rifle; He strapped a rifle to his back, while preferring a small-hand gun and a futuristic yet cruel close combat weapon which resembled a rapier.
One of the soldiers, considerably larger and more crudely built than the rest of the group, took the heavy Lass cannon and strapped the power-source to it’s back before picking up the cannon. If he chose the cannon because of personal reasons or simply because he might’ve been the only one who could carry such a monstrosity in the first place, one can not tell.

The Officer looked at his men, and his facial features changed to something which could only be hinted to something as a smile which mixed a sense of awareness of a dire situation and grim determination. He looked at the map one more time, and then folded it.

“Stealth is the key here. No unnecessary battles until we can hit them fast and hard. Since AI surveillance in engine room 10A has been shut down and has already completely been destroyed by the skirmish 2 hours ago, our best option would be to take that route to the central control chambers…�

“And shut down the engines before the Draco hits city-orbit.�

One of the soldiers slowly opened the hatch door, allowing small amounts of smoke enter the chamber from the ground up, smoke which could only imply nearby fire or electronic failure.

The team carefully stepped over the ledge of the hatch-door into the half-lighted darkness, ready to face whatever awaited them.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Scenario #2: It has been nearly 200 years since the first colony of your people has been founded. Play out the celebration ceremonies. This is a completely sand-box style RP, do what you want, however you want with it.
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Gogo Anaematicka, speedy responses are responses I get to read sooner.