The Atrum Imperator seeks alliance

Applications to the ESUS will be processed here.
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

Alright, welcome to the Extra-Solar Union of Systems, You will be administered three tests which will help us gauge your RP ability, a minimum score of Eighty is required for admittance.

First Test: Your nation is succumbing to systematic shutdowns in industry and the private sector due to wildcard blue and while collar union strikes. Demanding better Wages and benefits, you must RP your leader (or the Union Boss) attempting to work out a solution to the problem. The Opposition is disgruntled about conditions that have existed for years and will not move an inch on the common issues of benefits and salaries. You cannot legislate them back to work, nor force them to, you must attempt to work out the problems diplomatically.

Remember, this is a One-Post RP, it can be split into several posts if necessary (Due to time constraints, etc) but you are required to RP one of the sides, from start to finish. Your going to be marked on this, so make the post much longer than it normally would, but of no less quality.
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

That was an excellent post, however; it did not meet the constraints of the Guidelines. I said it was supposed to be diplomatic, which means that I was looking for how you could negotiate the problem (Now being the Planet.) into a workable solution. What you did was not what I was looking for, while it would have worked out well for the War section, it does not show your capacity to RP a member of your government’s ability to deal with problems without resorting to violence.

However, I obviously wasn’t specific enough when I made out the guidelines for the first Post. I want it to be diplomatic, there is to be no resorting to violence whatsoever (or getting another to do it for you) you are to work out a solution with compromise or at least using words. Diplomacy is the art of give and take, if your Emperor isn’t the kind of person prone to negotiation, then pick a character who is, even if it has to be out of context of how you RP your nation, You need to only do it this once.

Please don’t take this as scorn; I’m trying to make this as constructive as possible. Your ideas, creativity and RP ability are all top-notch, but I need to see that you can work within constraints set up. I’ll give you another shot, you can redo this one, or I can come up with an entirely different scenario better suited to your style, so long as it involves diplomacy.
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

There is no redeeming nessiary, simply an error to be corrected, as the first post was very good. I can accomidate your request, I'll have another Scenario up shortly. I am currently working on a Chemistry Lab.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

New Diplomatic Scenario: After several months of a military campaign against a smaller empire (After they encroached on your territory) you have experienced sweeping victories. As your fleets approach the heavily defended Coreworlds, the enemy has made a drastic plead, attempting to save what is left of their empire, they are willing to enter negotiations for peace. With the Intergalactic Community having taken interest in how the events have folded out, there is intense pressure to enter these talks in efforts to end the bloodshed.

Remember, this is Strictly Diplomatic, no weapons of any sort are to be used. Intimitation, Verbal Assault and threats are perfectly fine, so long as compromise is used on both sides. Follows same rules as specified.