HalKu wishes to join ESUS

Applications to the ESUS will be processed here.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: HalKu

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Guest wrote:So what kind of things are role played then?
Character RPs, diplomatic RPs, stories, it's a wide range, really. Though, it's actually a little inactive right now.

War RPs are mainly 'us versus them' on the NS boards. Unfortunately, war RPs have a nasty, nasty habit of devolving into a mudslinging match, with one side or the other not wanting to lose or conceed defeat.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

GUEST wrote:It is my experience that, when conducted properly, and carries out in a proper RP environment that war RP's can be fun, and useful. I believe that the inclusion of War RP's will benifit ESUS.
Oh, the ESUS does war RPs, it's just that we don't do them internally. Instead, we do them against other nations/alliances on the NS boards. In the very, very rare instance when there's actually a worthwhile war on the NS boards. :P

You see, we're an IC alliance at the moment, so it'd be like if NATO was shooting at itself. ;)
Anywho, is it customary for the tester to give me feedback on my RP now or later.
They usually give you feedback at the end. Though Tor should be giving you the next scenario any time now. *Prods Tor.*
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

If the "Guest" is HalKu, I cannot send you in any other direction, as for a large chunk of my time in NS, I've been with the ESUS, its mostly all I know, so I couldn't lead you anywhere else.

However, if you want to discontinue testing, would you please let me know? Making up scenario's and then marking them take up a lot of time and energy I'm finding myself pinched to allocate these days. I will continue with the next test after the responce.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:I am unsure weather I want to actually RP in this reigion. Could you lead me in the direction of a good RP reigion?
Not really. FT regions don't really work that way, since almost everyone has FTL travel. I've heard of the Ramuereich or somesuch, but I've never interacted with them.

FT RP in general tends to be more diplomatic than war, because many FT nations are snobbish diplophiles who ignore anyone who attacks them. Your best bet would be to find some good low-key FT RPs in II.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Guest wrote:1. Future Tech is not really one of my prerequsits
You were trying to join a future tech alliance. Naturally, I assumed you were looking for an FT region. If you're looking for a MT region, look somewhere else.
2. No, I do not wish to continue being tested
Very well.
3. Could you give me feedback on my RP, so I can see how I am doing!
It's up to Tor.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:That scenario overall was Ok. *snippy*
What? Who is this? Tor? Is that you? :P
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

Quois? Yes, it was me. I just realized it was listed as "Guest" I could have sworn I was logged in when I wrote that. Maybe it was just so long typing it the system logged out via idling.

I'll repost it here and a Mod can Delete that guest post to avoid confusion:
That scenario overall was Ok. The idea was presented well, but it was bogged down by your mechanics, The first paragraph was one giant block of writing, with that small conversation in the middle of it. You actually did use some amount of diplomacy when it boiled down to it, although the whole "Assassination" thing was a bit cliche, but acceptable because that kind of thing does happen sometimes.

The second and third paragraph were the oposite, it was mechanically written well, but it had the arbiter coming in and forcing a resolution down their throats, which is generally something they don't do, since they're mostly used for helping concessions be reached, not forcing both sides in agreement. Perhaps after that confrontation, the Pre-Exsols would be more inclined to reach an agreement? Either way, it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Over all, I would rate that scenario at an 86%, I'm pretty sure that the entrance standards are set at 90%, so that is technically a fail, but if you had performed better on the other two (War and Misc.) you could have brought the average up. I find diplmacy to be the hardest type of thing to RP well, which is why I have it first, so one can get it over with, and if it scares someone off, well, they obviously weren't made for this alliance. Which is a Trade Consortium first and a Defence Coilition second.