Application: The Most Holy Empire of Christstan

Applications to the ESUS will be processed here.
Christstan
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The Most Holy Empire of
Name: Christstan

Application: The Most Holy Empire of Christstan

Post by Christstan »

To begin, I am an avid fan of many futuristic games, movies, stories, etc. I have long been seeking to get involved in FT rp. My main problem with NS free form international rp is the lack of restriction/ regulation of the nations. Without this you have people who create ridiculously overpowered unstoppable armies that only they know how to destroy. Plus you have a vast pool of, to be frank, imbeciles that wouldn't know what a Cassus Belli is or that wars potentially have negative consequences. I have been seeking a group of skilled rpers with some regard for limits and who know how to have fun with FT.

I have been on NS for years now but have posted very little, mostly doing offsite stuff and using NS to find other sites.

My nation -

The Most Holy Empire of Christstan originates from the planet Imperia. It is an intergalactic empire lead by an Emperor who holds Executive Power, he shares part of his power with an elective Prime Minister, but most of the Prime Ministers are simply tools of the Emperor. Legislative Power is held by the Emperor and an elective parliament, which is largely a tool of the Emperor. Judicial authority is exercised by the Church. The Constitution is the Bible plus a few government specific additions. The courts are run by local ministers, and the police force is run by the Church. The Church is not some power hungry corrupt institution cliche, but rather an institution similar to the US Supreme Court and Judicial system that also serves the people's religious interests. Being a member of the church is not required, however non members are made to expect that they cannot change the system to suit them. They may exist without persecution, but must expect that many aspects of society will remain loyal to or reference the church. The Church is a government funded institution which derives its income from tithe and government support. While tithing is not an obligation for non members, they are still taxed to fund the non clerical services the church supplies.

Christstan society is highly militaristic (think 17th-20th century Prussia). Men are expected to do military service for at least part of their lives (actually all have mandatory conscription from 18, but people may opt to perform other civic duties such as being a firefighter, sanitary officer,etc). Formal attire often means all the men don their uniforms, retired or active. Military service is a means for common men to rise up rather quickly, and thus promotions are very competitive. It is also seen as a civic duty for all men. Nearly all men in Christstan who are fit for duty, are part of Christstan's reserve force. Reserves receive a very small stipend, but it might as well be considered unpaid. Reserves attend regular trainings but for the most part are free to live as they please. The Empire still has a thriving aristocracy, with Dukes and lords dominating over their holdings, each feudal level mimics the national government with the Feudal lord having executive power but beholden to an elective body of his constituents. The regular army is totally independent of feudal lords, but many maintain their own military formations for internal protection, policing, and aiding the government in times of war (think state militias or National Guard).

Society is highly moralistic and scandals mean social suicide, especially amongst the aristocracy. Society is not stratified and several non aristocrats may have more wealth and influence than several aristocrats. What is special about aristocrats is their ability to wield God's Gift or as it is more commonly known, "The Force." Since Force abilities are passed through families and strengthened, aristocrats must intermarry to maintain their family's force ability strength. Those found to posses the force not from one of these storied families, is taken by the church or military (chosen by the family) for training and cultivation. They usually join a Knightly Order and are praised by the common folk. They must marry between each other or in special circumstances with Aristocracy to preserve the line of force users and its strength.

Brief History -

During the Ancient Times a great Empire rose up from the confusion of early man. They led spartan lifestyles and held strict codes of honor, but were devoted to bettering themselves and understanding the Force. Their unity allowed them to grow and learn and improve their studies. While the other tribes simply fought amongst each other with minimal understanding of their abilities. These people began subjugating the peoples around them, bringing them civilization, order, and knowledge. This was known as the Great Crusade, where they converted everyone to their religion [Equivalent to Roman Era]. Eventually different interpretations of the Force, known as God's Gift, and succession drove the empire apart. Again the world broke down into in-fighting. The people of Imperia were fragmented and extremely competitive between each other, with the exception of one nation, Rothgar, which through "Enlightened Intellectualism" were united and progressing by leaps and bounds over the other nations of Imperia [Middle Ages to 20th Century]. They were a largely atheistic society which condemned formal religion. The warring nations were all religious though. Rothgar threatened the way of life of the other nations. Eventually King Conrad X of Christstan united the various religious nations either by force or alliance and waged World War on Rothgar. This war teetered back and forth for 200 years. These war times strengthened the militaristic tendencies of Christstani society. Since the war was on and off and flared up almost anywhere, everyone had to be in the military and be able to defend themselves. This war dragged on until Rothgar perfected planetary colonization and were slowly pushed off of Imperia to the neighboring planets.

Once Christstan caught up in space faring technology the war continued in space. During the war a Rothgar warship made first contact with another species. They allied with these people and the aliens declared war against Christstan also in an even known as the First Contact War. This event caused the people of Christstan to hate other species. After initial setbacks, Christstan was eventually able to defeat Rothgar and their alien allies. The contact war continued as Christstan hunted down the alien's home planet and systematically eliminated their species. Eventually the church stepped in and prevented their extinction. Christstan grew and followed an aggressive Galactic policy. Three more contact wars followed with other species until Christstan had eliminated potential enemies within the range of their ships. FTL travel was improved and Christstan grew. Further exploration and wars erupted but Christstan realized it could not simply conquer the universe and thus settled to its current borders.
Christstan
The Mindset's Bitch

Re: Application: The Most Holy Empire of Christstan

Post by Christstan »

Any takers? Is further information required or necessary? If so, just lemme know and I will update the initial post.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Sorry, I imagine the start of school has everyone rather busy. A tester will be with you ASAP.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Christstan
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Christstan »

Its cool, I just saw the guy who applied after me get his thing and I was just making sure you all didn't think I had forgotten about this.

I can wait. :P
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Test #1: Secret membership in a particular Satanic cult is growing in popularity and influence amongst the more jaded and bored aristocrats. More disturbing is the fact that these cultists display the ability to wield a perversion of God's Gift. Play out the discovery of this cult by the Church, and its response. You can succeed or fail to defeat the cult in its entirety.

I'll throw up the last two after you finish the first. Bit tired right now, and could use a wee bit more time to come up with 'em. >.>
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Christstan
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Christstan »

[Brilliant question, I have been looking forward to responding to this since I read it yesterday.]

Hoffer Palace, Frontier Colony, Duchy of Klatz

"Let the truth be revealed, let us find true power," the assembled group of hooded men chanted in unison. They chanted this mantra in cryptic monotone and singularity. Following this they all sat in unison. The room seemed to glow with an evil red hue enhanced by the many dark channeling crystals scattered throughout the room. Satanic encryptions adorned the walls and temples. The room was both elegant and foreboding, the perfect environment for the assembled.

At the head of the table the group sat around a man stood and stretched out his right hand with palm raised to the ceiling. At a slight twitch, blue lighting emanated from his hand to the ceiling. He smiled devilishly and eyed his feat with smug satisfaction and lust. This was the power he was promised.

"My brothers, everything that was promised to us has been granted. The Church fears us because they know we are more powerful. They restrain our true abilities, all in the name of a God who would seek to deny us. The devil has granted us powers beyond the Church's imagining. Let them discover us. We are finally ready to utilize our new abilities. We will bring a new age to the Empire. We will rid our society of these restraints and become truly powerful. My family shall finally have its rightful place."

He raised his hilt and ignited it into the air with a distinct hiss. The assembled followed. The cogs of evil and destruction were turning, the Empire faces its greatest threat since the first contact war.

The Great Sanctum of God, Imperia, The Imperial Domain

Shivers ran down his spine as he woke in a cold sweat. The inquisitor knew this was no dream, this was a vision from God. Somewhere dark forces were gathering in strength and number and was poised to strike against the Empire. It would be a devastating blow to Church authority if such a perversion of God's gift existed, once the devil's taint rose up in one area, it would likely spread to others. These taints were dark blights and were always dangerous, yet this one seemed different, the danger seemed more imminent and devastating. The inquisitor had to take this dark news before the Council of Inquisition.

The assembled men who sat on this council formed the core on one of the most paranoid and mischievous group of men in the Church. One was never sure what the Council of Inquisition was planning, especially when they began investigations. Klaus, the inquisitor with the vision, hoped that the internal politics of the Inquisition would not interfere with this investigation. Klaus related his dark vision into the future, the Council did not seem to agree. "Klaus something of this magnitude would not have only been revealed to a man of your meager abilities. How is it that this has escaped our senior members? Take your nightmares elsewhere while we meditate on the true threats to the Empire," one of the senior council members told him after his inquiry. So it was pride this time.

Klaus tried to reason with himself that this was merely a bad dream, but all his training had told him that this was a vision from God. Finally he decided he would investigate the matter personally. Inquisitors often worked alone and upon their own initiatives. While he did not have the backing of the Council, he still had his considerable authority and access to resources as an Inquisitor. He would do it himself. First he would need to take a visit to the SIIA Headquarters (Secret Intelligence & Inquisition Agency). SIIA is an agency jointly controlled by the Military and the Church. SIIA trained special operatives for secret and clandestine missions by the military or the Church, specifically the Inquisition. These operatives would have extensive training in combating the Forbidden Arts of the Devil's Taint. He would need them to gather information and fight for him. Inquisitors knew where and how to get information, but their strength lay in their keen utilization of resources and special authority by the government.

Once he assembled his team, he requisitioned a sizable bank account for his investigations from the Church's Coffers. Inquisitor's orders were simply approved, the nature and reasons were almost never questioned. He took off in an inconspicuous shipping frigate that had several secret modifications to it. Klaus now had all he resources but lacked a target. Without the combined efforts of the entire council, identifying the location of this cult would be most difficult. He sat in his chambers aboard the ship, surrounded himself with channeling crystals to aid in his meditations. After a week of almost continuous meditations, he got a hunch that the cult was somewhere in the Duchy of Klatz. "Interesting," he thought to himself. "The Dukes of Klatz have long been contenders for the throne. Perhaps this is one of their schemes for power."

Klaus walked to the bridge of the frigate to the pilot, "Set a course for the Duchy of Klatz. I will debrief you on our mission once I have conducted further investigation." Inquisitors had a reputation for withholding even the most trivial of information from their underlings. Who and what Klaus was investigating were too sensitive to be revealed even to SIIA agents unless Klaus was absolutely sure of his vision.

They jumped through hyperspace toward the Duchy of Klatz. As they moved through the strange vastness of hyperspace, Klaus' vision seemed to grow stronger and more clear. Yes, this was most definitely the location of his target. Although he became more sure of his vision, he also became more fearful. The sheer strength of the Devil's Taint was immense in this area. How could the council have missed this? This thought did not sit well with him, was the council growing weak or simply ignoring a problem? Neither meant anything good.

The taint was strongest on Frontier Colony, so that is where he would begin. The ship touched down in the lazy shipyards of the colony. Hardly any commerce or travelers ventured this far to the fringes of Imperial Space. What was strange was the fairly large greeting party at the landing pad. His welcome party did not seem to pleased to see him. As he exited the ship a hooded figured approached him and said smugly, "Welcome Inquisitor. Your presence here was just as we foresaw. Is this all the Inquisition sends after us? Perhaps the church is weaker than we first believed. No matter, you will meet your fate here."

In that moment the SIIA agents threw several anti-personnel and gas grenades into the crowd with a sudden boom of explosions and colors. The welcome party dispersed in the chaos of the explosions. The hooded figure that approached Klaus did not move. He raised his arms toward the ship and unleashed a torrent of crackling blue lighting upon Klaus and the frigate. Klaus dropped limp as his body collapsed under the sheer force of the figure's Forbidden Power. He held tenuously to life but the desire to simply sleep grew stronger and stronger. The last thing he remembered was the humming of a blade above his chest deflecting blasts.

Klaus managed to open his eyes again, the sounds of battle raged around him. He could see a large Imperial warship firing down upon the landing pad. Klaus smiled, his endeavors paid off, reinforcements had come. The Church would be victorious. He could see as the hooded figures fought viciously but could not withstand the combined fire of the Inquisition's forces. Sleep took him again, he would just let himself rest a bit more. A warm embrace cradled him as he approached his slumber. He would just sleep...

Once more he was drawn from the warm embrace of his slumber. Before him stood the Grand Inquisitor who spoke sweetly, "My boy, I must apologize. We had to draw them out. If you knew of our plan, they would have sensed it before you arrived. I will not lie, you do not have much time. You have done your duty well. Go in peace my son. May God's divine embrace welcome you in paradise."

Klaus smiled, he had done his duty. He did not care that he was manipulated by the council and used as bait. He expected this kind of behavior from the Council of Inquisition. He would die with honor and in good standing. Content in this knowledge, Klaus once again allowed himself to slip into a warm peace, from which he would never wake.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Sorry for the delay, busy week at work and have had to ration my leisure time. >.<

Test #2: Your nation has been contacted by a race of strange, violet-skinned saurian creatures, calling themselves the Paf. They claim to exist purely to spread love and peace between the stars. RP initial contact, government response, and response to the discovery of their dastardly hidden agenda.

Test #3: A single Mekantan Darkship has, on a whim, entered your capital system. Your fleets engage, and are destroyed utterly. It proceeds to "play" with your populace before destroying the biosphere in an appropriately messy manner. Start from its arrival.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Christstan
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Christstan »

Test #2 [Lol "V" FTW]

1600 Saturday 17 March
[center]CONTACT!
HMS CUTLASS ENCOUNTERS NEW ALIEN SPECIES[/center]

Breaking News! HMS Cutlass, on a routine patrol on the fringes of Imperial Space in the Duchy of Pflaz. They call themselves the Paf and claim to spread peace and love across the Galaxy. A meeting has been scheduled between the Emperor's envoy, Duke Klaus von Koring of Pflaz, and the Paf Chieftain Quaag. The Paf claim to bring improved medicine and technology to our Empire. People are skeptical about the Paf, remembering the series of contact wars the Empire has had with new Species despite good initial intentions. Others call for welcoming of our neighbors, claiming our aggressive foreign policy will lead us to galactic isolation and doom.

We will update this report following the meeting between our two peoples.

This is Hanz Jung Reporting to you live form the Imperial News Network.[/quote]

0300 Saturday 17 March

"Ensign Luthans reporting, Captain, we are getting strange readings on our scanners sir. They don't appear to be anything we have seen before. They are certainly not natural." The comm rang in the captain's quarters.

Captain Ferber woke suddenly from his rest. He had barely gotten any sleep this entire week. The scanners and comms had been receiving strange readings and signals since Monday. He had been scrambling around the sector trying to locate them. He had reported back to command, but after several days of nothing he was ordered to either have his engineers fix his systems or give a definitive report as to the nature of these readings. Needless to say this put him on edge. His career was in jeopardy, if he failed to identify and intercept whatever it is that is making these readings and it was to get through, his career in the Navy would be effectively over. On the other hand, if he kept signaling for command and it was nothing, he would be seen as incompetent and his career would be over. He was especially on the chopping block because he was so young. In a very top heavy military, getting his own command at 26 was unheard of, but his sterling success at the Imperial Naval Academy and subsequent war games catapulted him forward. He was a favorite of the emperor and some of the other senior officers felt slighted. Everything he did was under scrutiny.

He quickly got out of bed and buttoned his jacket. As ragged as this ordeal was making him, he still had regs to uphold. He made his way to the bridge and looked over the newest set of readings. They were growing stronger and appeared to be concentrating to one area. He had to investigate, even though it would be breaking his prescribed patrol pattern. "Lieutenant Gunter, set a course of sector 78590 Omega 7. Initiate cloaking mechanisms. I wish to find out exactly what is causing all of these unusual readings. come in quite now, I don't want to attract too much attention." Ferber ordered while leaning over a few screens. He was taking a risk by breaking patrol patterns, while he was authorized to investigate anomalies, if something slipped through while he broke patterns, he would be in trouble.

His ship was considered one of the most advanced ships in the Navy's arsenal, one of the newest stealth Sloops. The stealth on this ship was highly experimental and considered to be undetectable by all scanners yet as the ship approached the anomaly, a strange source began hailing the ship, then simply appeared on the console. "Greetings Captain Ferber and the Cutlass. We are the Paf. We apologize for sneaking around for so long, we were merely attempting to gather information on how to communicate with you. We are a peaceful people and wish to speak with your Emperor."

The entire crew was dumbfounded. They had no idea how their communications had been hacked, how these strange creatures could speak Christstani, or how they had been detected. Ferber swallowed his surprise and took a stiff military posture. "This is Captain Ferber, commander of the HMS Cutlass of the Imperial Navy. Identify yourself," he responded in an almost reflexive manner.

The strange creature responded, "I am called Quordis. This is a science vessel. We come in peace."

Ferber replied again in a stiff military tone, "You have violated Military Confidentially Ordinance 3 by your probing of our ship and violated our territorial sovereignty. Please reveal yourself to our ship. As per Initial Contact Protocol, I will have to monitor your movements and request you remain where you are. I am not authorized to approve a meeting between our leaders and I must report to our High Command of your presence. Do you understand?'

The alien seemed to be very understanding of this, "Of course and we apologize. We will comply, do what you must."

Captain Ferber cut the signal and took several steps back. "My God, they picked up our Stealth and hacked our secure military channel. What are we dealing with?" Ferber thought to himself. He was stunned and in awe, but had to remain calm and in control of the situation. "Lieutenant Gregor, contact command. It seems we have guests."

1400 Sunday 18 March

Captain Ferber stood in a room filled with officers from across the military, mostly the ranking brass and the Intelligence officers. It was Captain Ferber's turn to make his report. "Esteemed officers of the Empire, I am Captain Ferber of the HMS Cutlass. I am the commanding officer who made initial contact with the Paf. For a week, they scrambled our signals, evaded our Communication interceptors and spied on our ship and our communications. Finally, they hacked our secure military channel and hailed us on secret frequencies. The cloaking abilities on that "science vessel" far exceed those of my top of the line Sloop. From what we gather, this was no ordinary Science vessel."

After making this short report plus other logistical reports of the incident, he sat down in one of the seats of the conference room. The Chairman of the Secret Intelligence Bureau rose to address the room. He wore a mask and was known only as "Mr Chairman." "Esteemed Officers of the Empire, the evidence does not support a diplomatic or science ship has contacted us, but an advanced military or spy vessel. A vessel of science simply would not have need for the cloaking, spying, and hacking abilities. They seem intent on securing rights to both travel through our territory and touch down on our planets. We have advised the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Emperor that this is inadvisable. Diplomatic talks have revealed nothing other than the idea that they are some kind of Space hippies. We cannot jeopardize our sovereignty to these creatures. I don't care what the Peace element might preach, until further evidence is gathered on them, they remain outside our territory and our Navy has been put on high alert. Reserves are being called to the border. They appear to be able to spy on speech inside ships within a certain range, ensure that you advise your commands to remain as far as possible from the alien's ships. Captain Ferber. You will be put on intelligence duty with one of our operatives. You will rendezvous with the operative aboard the HMS Nirvana."

Ferber sighed and left the conference, looks like he had a new mission.

1500 Tuesday 20 March

Fourth day of diplomatic talks, things looked bad. Strange signals were being picked up across the fringes of Imperial Space. It seemed as those these creatures had invited some friends. A few low level maintenance personnel had also gone missing. Things weren't adding up. While Ferber was officially there on a diplomatic mission, he was actually on an intelligence mission. His ship was also there while he investigated. Now he was being hailed by his ship. "Captain, We were able to intercept and crack one of their messages. This diplomatic mission is a decoy, they are simply gathering information on us to send back to their main fleet."

Ferber cursed. He knew he didn't get a good feeling about these guys. The message was relayed to High Command. A plan was set in motion to defeat the Aliens, they would be invited into Imperial Space and ambushed. The entire operation would be on a blackout basis after initial launch, since the aliens could read the conversations aboard ships. Only the highest ranked personnel would know of the plan. Ferber and his men had done their duty, they would leave the ambush to the battlefleets.