Applying... Finally

Applications to the ESUS will be processed here.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Alright. I'll be giving your scenarios. Any questions, just ask. I appreciate the outline, makes giving these scenarios easier. Any miscellaneous details I get wrong, just adapt your culture to them, as no changes are permament. You needn't even use your culture as long as we see your RP quality.

Scenario 1: A vast ship, easily several hundred kilometres in diameter, has appeared close by an armada of your own vessels, seemingly derelict. (begin the RP from the point of arrival) As you send in scientists to investigate, they all immediately drop from the Orthranar consciousness inexplicably, subverted into an overmind aboard the large derelict. RP your people trying to regain the lost Orthranar. No violence is allowed, merely the threat.

(Miscellaneous info. "Winning" or "Losing" this scenario is optional. No points will be given for the outcome, only the manner of getting to it. This is a single RP in a post, though you may make several, I shall not respond. A good length is also key.)
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Nobuseri wrote:OMG! its the Homeworld Ghost Ship scenario! :mrgreen:
oh crap. So it is :D

I totally forgot about it in that way, though I WAS thinking of it as I said it. I sound nuts. Regardless, though you cannot see it, there is a change in the forum rules saying "don't talk in the test threads unless you're giving a test or receiving it."
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Scenario 2:

After a long search and drought of usuable planets, the Orthranar stumble upon one that is perfect to replenish on. However, it is home to a moderately powerful civilisation on a close to even technological scale to the Orthranar. With no other option but to claim the planet, RP the Orthranar securing orbital superiority, and the capture (principal points of interest being the landing, and an assault on a fortified installation.) of the world.
-Guo Xiang.

Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Scenario 3.

During a routine voyage between a large gulf of stars, all Orthranar FTL drives cut out - permanently. With no prospect of resource gathering, RP the Orthranar as it is forced to take desperate measures to prolong the survival of the collective - note that I'm toying with your nation, and as the need for resources heightens, the control Ling has over the Orthranar dwindles to nothing.
-Guo Xiang.