A casual little application

Applications to the ESUS will be processed here.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Sleeping for months at a time... That can't be good for you. I bet your belly has gone to pot. ;)

Anyway, welcome to the Boards, a tester will be along shortly. There will be three tests, each gauging a different sublet of RPing skill. They are to be completed in one or two posts, and will be graded by your tester. IIRC, you need an 85 or 90 to gain admittance. If a tester hasn't gotten to you by tonight (the 16th of July, USC)
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Nice name.

Alright, here's the usual spiel regarding entry. As much information as you can give me as possible is a help when assigning the scenarios as it allows me to customise the test as best as I can. However, if there is a fundamental, or minor inconsistency between my scenario and how your nation would react, then you simply change the aspect of your nation that conflicts, as the tests are OOC unless you decide to keep them. They have to be written to the best of your ability. They will also be began and ended by you, with no outside interaction, so you'll RP both sides, if necessary. Any questions, just ask.

Scenario 1: After a period of expansion, your nation has paused for breath. With the new frontier worlds rich in materials, many of the new settlers do not see any need to answer to the decadent old worlds, which they see as a liability. Without resorting to violence, RP the new settlers (from their point of view, preferably) trying to gain independence from the core, and their actions to stop it.

As said, no violence is allowed, though the threat of it is. Bonus points for a satisfying ending.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

Scenario Two: After Settling the Previous dispute with your Outlying worlds, the entire empire comes under siege from one of your more beligerant Neighbours. Bringing two other nations along as support for their "Coalition of the Peaceful" They seek to put an end to what they view as your Tyrannical and Dangerous rule.

After several lightning attacks, many of your newly colonized worlds crumble to the invaders. Approaching the Doorstep of your Core Worlds, you have one final chance to muster a defense of whats left of your Empire before you can mount a successful offence. You must RP a Fleet, or a Solitary ship in said fleet (If its easier) as you mount what could effectively be your last stand.

Points will be given for Creativity and Style, as well as how you handle the situation. Superweapons are not allowed, The Coalition is assumed to be your Equal in Military Technology. Bonuses for Tactics will be considered.
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

Its alright, you can take as much time as you need within reason. It helps when you come tell us that your going to be slowing pace.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Note to applicants: we have just conducted a general spambot purge, and all unactivated accounts got swept along with it; you may have to re-register if you have already done so. Apologies for the inconvenience.
~The Management
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}