The Abh Empire wishes to join the ESUS...

Applications to the ESUS will be processed here.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Apologies again to keep you waiting.

Test 1: This test was done adequately. Unfortunately for you, adequately is not what we deal with on our application. I found the prose a bit clunky in places, grammar was off, and so on. That said, it wasn't bad. However, the application test is supposed to be the best that you can do, which is why we allow such a length of time for it to be written. As such, I have to assume when it is submitted that this is as best you could do. This is not sufficient. Also, the answer was somewhat lacking. As I went to some length to explain, this RP has to begin and conclude itself in a single post. It was left on a cliffhanger, leaving out the conclusion. Same as in an English test, you cannot pass if you don't answer the question. 85% is what is needed to pass, and this rates 73%.

Test 2: Whilst description is satisfactory... again a little bit clunky, lacking flow, there is simply insufficient dialogue, or character building of any kind. Indeed, there are two lines of dialogue in this test, which is not enough by any stretch of the imagination. There needs to be more of a human element in combat, or the entire thing degenerates into listing what weapons were fired, in what order, and their effect... very dry, and not what I was looking for. Equally, the ground warfare section, which was added deliberately to show competance in this field, in description of tactics, the soldiers attitudes and feelings towards the mission, and the enemies (since you have to RP the other side, to a limited extent) reaction. The Ground combat section seemed to simply involve your soldiers landing, then securing a ground section, with little more than a brief mention to both events. Even a section including say... marine banter as the plunge towards the planet would have gone a long way to add to this RP. 66%.

Test 3: This test was designed to see how well you can write losing, and the emotional impact of certain death on your populace and government, as well as its effects, such as looting, riots, mass hysteria, escape attempts, etc. Unfortunately, it again lacked any kind of attempt at emotion, preferring to concentrate on the military side of things, which as I had hoped to establish by defining the enemy as "undefeatable" would not be the case. This time dialogue was so minimal as to only be included as a cursory taunt from your foe as they casually wipe away your civilisation. Whilst I would be much more willing to accept an abrupt closure like that had you included more depth in regards to your people, it was not to be, and the RP seemed to turn into a simple battle , with your ships doing one thing and the enemy striking them down, but not focusing on the fear, or anything that would make the RP so much more enjoyable to read. As such, it was lacking as what should be your "best work". 65%.

As such, this test has been marked a failure, though you may re-apply twice more. Whether or not you take my criticism constructively or not of course, however, is up to you.