Requesting Shield Tech

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Jordaxia wrote:Apart from that, I'll be stea.... looking at other peoples shields for inspirado.
This is why I'm often reluctant to post technical details on my original technology, like my standing barrier feilds.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Just to make sure that there are no misconceptions, I have no intention of stealing any shields posted here. I Several designs just wouldn't work from the off anyway. I have my own bare plans which I will be thinking through.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

if do steal even the basic idea of my shield tech then well :D i think DGNT,CF,me and the whole IM would come down on you (well maby not CF)
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

He can steal the basic idea. He just can't create a shield system that works in the exact same way.
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:He can steal the basic idea. He just can't create a shield system that works in the exact same way.
no he/she cant (quickly runs and Encodes the Basic idea) muhahaha *someone taps me on the sholder and wispers something* WHAT god dam it why did u post it on the ESUS board and the IM *wispers something* oohh that right
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

I won't steal your shields, mine will be so good, that you'll be stealing mine! At least, thats the plan. hmmm... How to make better shields than all of yours. I'll be back with the blueprints.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

im already working on Hard shield Mk 2 i learned something from the shivans
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

Post by Wormia »

The Carbon -60 buckyballs are reusable after the shield has been activated. As for the compartment, it depends on the size of the ship in question, and it would always be wise to have spare carbon.
The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."
Moontian
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The Proto-Imperium of
Name: Megas

Post by Moontian »

My ideas for shielding is based purely on gravitational influences. It's well known, thanks to Einstein's general theory of relativity, that mass bends the fabric of space-time. Gravitational lensing is one of the effects of this. My idea is to produce a gravitational field that can 'bend' anything heading towards the ship equipped with this particular shielding. It would mean being able to influence and create gravity itself, but with some nations able to create black holes, it shouldn't be all that hard.
No longer mere Earth beings or Sol beings, but bright children of the stars!
Moontian is on the web! click here: http://www.freewebs.com/moontian/