Mekantan Weapons and Devices

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Shadow Command of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Zarahemla »

hehe, just thought it'd be Interesting to note the similarities between the Reflex System and CC's own Farad System.

The Farad system is based on the Robotech Reflex System (Which you basically copied, but who cares, I almost did too lol), however, my Farad system doubles as the Omni-Directional barrier from Robotech, through means explained below :)

--------------

Capsule's Farad Project

The Farad System, named after the measuring unit of capacity, turns a specially-designed twin-hulled ship into basically a large capacitor. It draws energy from the reactors, or whatever happens to be the main energy source of the ship, storing energy in between the hulls, taking about 15-30 seconds to charge, and then the energy can be expelled in one of 2 ways:

1. A powerful energy wave shooting forward that, depending on setting and ship size, can fire a beam strong enough to rip the flesh (hull) off a starship of equal size, vaporize a smaller ship, or burrow a hole through a large ship.

or 2. A powerful shield, Green in color, which can take a serious pounding for up to 15 seconds, from almost any weapon, even a LASER (due to it's heavy Green tint) or a Collision (Internal systems could be severely damaged, but not as much as full impact). However, a strong blast, such as a high-speed collision, or something like a superlaser, or a larger farad system, will cripple the Farad system after use, taking a while to repair, if not destroying it.

After normal use, the Farad system will will take a good 5-10 minutes to cool (depending on size), any less, and the gun will burn-out/overload.

More info coming soon... The project will be tested in 3 years, a corvette will be ready in 7, and a Flagship with this weapon will be completed in 12-15 years. (1 year=1 Day)

----CCNN Reporter: Today, Capsule Corporation completed testing of the Farad system. They expect to have the corvette-mounted version ready in a few years.

Test ship FARAD:

We apologize that we can't show you the actual test video... but we have created these crude images:

Charging:

Firing:

Shielding:

--------------------------

Since this experiment, a year go RL time, I have developed all sorts of weaponry based on this design, from Whole-ship systems, to rapid-fire turretted weapons, to handheld rifles!

Just thought I'd point it out :)
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage