Join the Common Bank!

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Flaming Souls wrote: Assuming that everyone uses some sort of electronic currency system, be they cards, computer chips in the finger, etc. Why not just have a simple system linked to a centralized ESUS database that would do the conversion of currency? Basically a card/biometric scan reader that is linked. I think that would solve the problem, and make things much easier for all. Hell, I will even foot the bill to make the devices.
A database wouldn't work - money is basicly properly, and it's value changes based upon old supply/demand lines. It'd have to be more akin to a stock enchange.

Or just do what I've been doing for the last four RL years and use USD(Universal Standard Dollars) for international transactions - it just lacks that fluffy goodness of something rooted in the active IC, rather than fuzzy background.
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

Meh, in FS at least, we tell you to get the local currency when you get there, or before you leave if possible.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

The ITH uses a Galactic Credit and each of the Gatestations can exchange it with the local currency. It helps tie together 130+ nations with their numerous worlds if they wish it to.

I make enough off the ITH that I don't charge anything for conversion but include it in the benifits of being a member.