A commission

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: A commission

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arizona Nova wrote: Good work Nauts - you are getting closer to what I had in mind.
Do you want it to look like a real mountain, or just a vaguely cone-shaped hunk of rock?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

I was referring more to the city. Overall he had the general idea right, but the scale is off. Definitely go as naturalistic as possible on the mountain; and I know this isn't easy. As I said, I gave up on that aspect after a while.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Decided to crack open Maya and take a shot at it - very early work in progress.

http://i19.tinypic.com/54mgivl.jpg

Done before your anti-megastructure bit, but the central cone could just be built atop a smaller, reverse mountain, or something - I'm toying with possible ways to add smaller structures to it so it looks less clean, and I can shrink the 'spire' easily enough.

The green areas will be divided between rural and park land, and the whole thing domed. I'll worry about textures if you like the final mesh.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arizona Nova wrote:I was referring more to the city. Overall he had the general idea right, but the scale is off. Definitely go as naturalistic as possible on the mountain; and I know this isn't easy. As I said, I gave up on that aspect after a while.
I've done a WIP. Fairly basic as I haven't really started the city yet, but take a look: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/ ... aputa1.jpg
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Kanuck has definitely got the scale nailed down; now you do have some renders of your ships available for a chart too right? :P
Bear in mind that individual buildings don't have to be too detailed - for most of them squares with a good texture will look the best.

The engines are also preferably going to be smaller but numerous. Nice reference btw CF, and you've got the idea for the mountain down. Perhaps a little wider, but it's pretty good.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

That... is definitely what I have in mind. Especially for the mountain, especially the latter case. Polish up the city (and if it's possible, slim down the base section), give a little more lifeful texture to the mountain and I think we have a winner.

Also, I'm sorry I took off last night as you were showing me that. I ran into a bout of computer troubles that eventually turned into a climactic showdown with Norton Internet Security itself, who I was forced to kill. No one betrays me and gets away with it.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Flaming Souls
I Pwn the Skies

Post by Flaming Souls »

No problem, I was heading to bed anyways. I will work on it a bit more this afternoon after I get my paycheck.