Immortality is but a small fee away!

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Re: Immortality is but a small fee away!

Post by Trailers »

Specifically, how did you create an afterlife?
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Trailers wrote:Specifically, how did you create an afterlife?

The God-Emperor kinda unintentionally created it over the century or three of his ascension to divinity.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Only three centuries? Why the rush?
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Pfft, immortality. Where's the fun in that? I already have my dynasty laid out for the next two or three generations. Keeps things from getting stale.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

You can have an immortal royal family and have a dynasty.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Arizona Nova wrote:You can have an immortal royal family and have a dynasty.
And have scores of Erzherzogs and Herzogs and Freigrafs and Margraves and God-knows what other titles they snatch up running around? About a fifth of Skeelzots die before reaching fifty, but they still don't have attrition rates that high. Stability would be shot all to hell. The whole point of having a monarchy, as I see it, is to have a nice little pyramid of loyalties with the Kaiser at the top. I don't think a monarchy could survive if the heirs could only inherit through violent overthrow.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Indeed - think of the byzantine plots and counter-plots you'd have if the heirs have to wait for an accident or boredom-inspired retirement to move them closer to the throne. Those farther removed from the throne may even opt to make a play for it, laying the foundations with a thousand years of intrigue to clear the way without arousing suspicions, or casting them on rivals instead, all the while avoiding the plots of ambitious lessers and paranoid greaters.

To say nothing of the feuds that could arise between centuries, and over the most minor things at that, as peeves simmer and grow.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Kanuckistan wrote:Indeed - think of the byzantine plots and counter-plots you'd have if the heirs have to wait for an accident or boredom-inspired retirement to move them closer to the throne. Those farther removed from the throne may even opt to make a play for it, laying the foundations with a thousand years of intrigue to clear the way without arousing suspicions, or casting them on rivals instead, all the while avoiding the plots of ambitious lessers and paranoid greaters.

To say nothing of the feuds that could arise between centuries, and over the most minor things at that, as peeves simmer and grow.
Stop it! You're giving me ideas.
This won't end well.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

The Cerberus Alliance wrote:
Kanuckistan wrote:Indeed - think of the byzantine plots and counter-plots you'd have if the heirs have to wait for an accident or boredom-inspired retirement to move them closer to the throne. Those farther removed from the throne may even opt to make a play for it, laying the foundations with a thousand years of intrigue to clear the way without arousing suspicions, or casting them on rivals instead, all the while avoiding the plots of ambitious lessers and paranoid greaters.

Stop it! You're giving me ideas.
And me a migraine.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

Breaking News:

Resurrection Stonesâ„¢ are now available in the form of jewelry that can be worn externally by most meat-based organisms!

Cheat death with a fashionable piercing, necklace, or ring. That's right, bind your life force to a single, (nearly) indestructible ring.

What could possibly go wrong? Order today!
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.