Thermopticâ„¢ Passive-Refractive and Holograohic Clothing

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Re: Thermopticâ„¢ Passive-Refractive and Holograohic Clothing

Post by Arizona Nova »

THATS WHAT SHE SAID. Sorry, it had to be done.

On topic this does sound interesting, though. I just realized that this would be a good way to get Grey Ops back in action; an equipment upgrade, lol. I think they use some kind of general cloaking device, but it's probably tied to their armor, thus if they were trying to do something without it they could be out of luck. Although buying this from you, when they're still using your rifles too, would probably arouse concern that our special forces are leaning too heavily on foreign, especially Kanuckistani, equipment.

Also Sskiss, you could try enlisting some raptors out of Siesatia too for a special forces division, on the basis that your ever-pragmatic leaders could decide that while your nation needs some subtler form of evisceration, that your current species are a bit too large for that. With raptors you could get a team to infiltrate things and sow chaos ahead of the main body of your infantry, which would be bad for the enemy and awesome for us to watch. They'd be a bit quieter, anyway, than a Tyrannosaurus. :P
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

Arizona Nova wrote:THATS WHAT SHE SAID. Sorry, it had to be done.
Don't make me turn the Weather Machine back on Wisconsin...
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Arizona Nova wrote:Also Sskiss, you could try enlisting some raptors out of Siesatia too for a special forces division, on the basis that your ever-pragmatic leaders could decide that while your nation needs some subtler form of evisceration, that your current species are a bit too large for that. With raptors you could get a team to infiltrate things and sow chaos ahead of the main body of your infantry, which would be bad for the enemy and awesome for us to watch. They'd be a bit quieter, anyway, than a Tyrannosaurus. :P
AZ, the majority of the Sskiss (50 - 70%) are the so called "raptors" you refered to. In fact, they were (and are) the origianl Sskiss (the others having been "uplifted" eons ago). These vary in size, ranging anywhere from 75kg to up to about 1000kg for the larger species. They are, as a group, both critical and vital to our military as without them, our people as a whole would be less effective as a cohesive force.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Kanuckistan wrote:...you see absolutely no use for invisible dinosaurs? If nothing else it would make hunting easier(even if the prey hears/smells you, the lack of visual cues can easily allow you to confuse them on the chase, to say nothing of ambush hunting and getting close to start with), and if you put it on your armour and integrate a proper heat management system(and I can sell you thermoelectric converters to deal with heat buildup, or just CTE heat sinks) you've got true thermoptic stealth.

You can also use it to see through armour without compromising strength, and while cameras and sensors can do that, this probably scales down better. Light of harmful intensity will just polarise it, as will lasers, so no risk there.
Kanuckistan, one word - Chromataphores.

Besides, rendering something invisible is not overly difficult once you possess a sufficient knowledge and tech base.

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Sskiss wrote:AZ, the majority of the Sskiss (50 - 70%) are the so called "raptors" you refered to. In fact, they were (and are) the origianl Sskiss (the others having been "uplifted" eons ago). These vary in size, ranging anywhere from 75kg to up to about 1000kg for the larger species. They are, as a group, both critical and vital to our military as without them, our people as a whole would be less effective as a cohesive force.
Ah, excuse me then; I had this image of the Sskiss as being largely of the larger varieties of saurids. Well, then you do have a reason to acquire some camo, as your home raptors would benefit from their use I imagine.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

I always imagined raptor-like Sskiss riding the larger species like gigantic horses. Sort of an inversion of usual raptor cavlary.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Arizona Nova wrote: On topic this does sound interesting, though. I just realized that this would be a good way to get Grey Ops back in action; an equipment upgrade, lol. I think they use some kind of general cloaking device, but it's probably tied to their armor, thus if they were trying to do something without it they could be out of luck. Although buying this from you, when they're still using your rifles too, would probably arouse concern that our special forces are leaning too heavily on foreign, especially Kanuckistani, equipment.
On the other hand, Kanuckistan is just about the most stable and reliable market you could buy from - which is a valuable consideration, especially under the circumstances.

Sskiss wrote: Kanuckistan, one word - Chromataphores.

Besides, rendering something invisible is not overly difficult once you possess a sufficient knowledge and tech base.
Well, yeah, you can have great effect with chromataphores, but they're ultimatly limited, especially when moving and/or in the open.
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:I always imagined raptor-like Sskiss riding the larger species like gigantic horses. Sort of an inversion of usual raptor cavlary.
And you thought the bears with guns were bad...
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Kreshh wrote: And you thought the bears with guns were bad...

How about giant dragons in powered armour?
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:I always imagined raptor-like Sskiss riding the larger species like gigantic horses. Sort of an inversion of usual raptor cavlary.
This never occured for two main reasons. The first being that it was simply not neccessary sinse all Sskiss are cursorial by nature. Remember, neccessity is the mother of invention. The second reason is the strong territorial instinct which in turn would make such "riding" impossible.