Azhi Dahaki class heavy cruiser

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.

Is this a solid design?

Total votes: 0

Wetland
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Wetland »

I don't think so. My own battleship only has little more then 200 personnel and its twice as long. It all depends on how much you automate your systems although using a small crew has its own drawbacks.
Fear me, if you dare!
And read my story on fanfiction, please.
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

okay...
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

For Skeelzanian ships, its pretty average; the rule of thumb is about 1 crewman for every meter lengthwise. I've slowly been incorporating more and more automation into my ships as well, though we'll never achieve the 500m cruisers with 7 crewmen that some nations use. Skeelzanians distrust AI, so nearly all ship processes are run by a human. It is also possible to load torpedo and missile tubes by hand, those this is really a backup to the automated loading features.

If it turns out that this crew size cannot adequetly run the ship, we'll ditch the marine contingent and load another 1000 crewmen in.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

Well 5CN vessels are pretty automated, but they all possess large crews, both homo sapiens and homo sapien technologius (humans with electronic implants to give them faster reaction time), but what do you think is going to happen if something goes wrong and your automation goes haywire or dies?
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Thats why basically every system can be run by hand by a Skeelzanian. If you really wanted to, you could go to the magainze, grab a missile, lug it up a floor or two, and shove it into a launching coil. Theres direct access to the engine and hyperdrive, allowing for onsite repairs. Practically any subsystem can be reached and operated without automated assistance, with the exception of the ion cannons. As long as no more than 40% of the systems go down, the crew should be able to bring everything back on line, eventually.

In any case, the probability of EVERY system going haywire is remote. In the event of a catastrophic system failure, all crewmen would be directed in the repair of the hypderdrive and engines to allow an escape.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Taking the critique of other ESUS members into account, Skeelzania scientists have modified the original statistics somewhat.

Type: Heavy cuiser
Length: 1200m
Beam: 350m
Draft: 400m
Weight: 34 million tons
Propulsion: 4 Ion Emission drives
Power plant: 3 fusion reactors
Armament: torpedo launchers x16; missile launchers x16; twin heavy railgun turret x1; twin ion cannon turret x2; single ion cannon turret x1; ion scatter gun x1; autocannon PDS x8
Armor: 10 meters of chobham ship armor
Crew: 1200
Marine Contingent: 350
Acceleration: 340m/s^2
Shielding: Yes
Hyperdrive: Yes
Fighter/Pinnace capacity: 8 (typically 6 fighters, two pinnaces)
Introduction Date: O.E. 2136

The torpedo launchers, orignally six, have been upgraded to 16. Twelve of these are forward mounted, six on each side of the bow. Four more face rearward, firing over the engine port. An extra row of missile launchers has also been added, these being situated along the keel.

The forward bow firing position, formerly occupied by torpedo launchers, has been given over to an experimental energy weapon: the Ion Scatter Gun. The ISG, unlike normal Ion cannons, does not focus its ray into a single beam. Instead, the beam is "scattered" over a larger area, allowing it to damage and destroy multiple targets at once. The power requirments for this weapon are such that the 5 other beam cannons cannot fire for thirty seconds before the ISG, as their power is diverted to the gun.

Other minor changes include an extra meter of armor (for 10 meters per side) and the enlargement of the crew to 1200 and subsequent reduction of the marine contingent. The weight from the extra armor and weapons has slowled the Azhi Dahaki's acceleration, though it is still exceptional for a ship of its size.

CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

my ravanos could out match that remmber my Grate armor (i love endor) and rather nice shields.

nice ship tho, i like the stats (dont like homeworld 2 ships tho)
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

I know it could. It has nearly twice the armor-thickness, and endor is alot tougher than uranium-and-ceramic plates. Though don't forget the Ahzi Dahaki also mounts hard shields, and if we got really desperate we'd simply steal the energy/ray shields off of the Ravanos we own.

CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

all tech on my ships is protected from thift if it happens the sead thing explodeds with no warning
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Well, perhaps "stealing" wasn't a very good choice of words. "Copying" would be better, since you can't very well make it impossible for us to get at them, or else we wouldn't be able to repair our own ships. Anyway, we'll probably obtain true shield tech legitamately in another 8 years or so.