Time-Travelling

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Tithia

Time-Travelling

Post by Tithia »

Indra, could I ask you a question?
IF I used computer systems to transport my ships from my faaar away production facility, but continually travelled back in time so I only just left. I would not interfere with any natural event or intelligent (or otherwise being) its just that, trying to get from my mass-production to the ESUS is proving hard. Considering my instant transport has a 13.4% chance of failing, I figured this might be more convienient. Could I have some thoughts on it please?
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

So wait are you saying that you want to use your insta travel, but in very likely event it explodes, can you go back ain time and try again?
Tithia

Post by Tithia »

no, I am saying - say I am transporting 2000 destroyers (which i donjt have) to the forefront, but it would take me 15 years to get there. Every year I would travel back in time 364 days, making my total travel time 2 weeks and a day. I wanted to know if this could have seriously repercussions on time
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Well, timetravel is tricky. Indra has sort of written the rules of NS temporality, and he looks down on sanyone else using temporal technology. hes the right one to ask, but really, you could never know.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Indra is currently away on important personal business, and won't be able to answer your question until he gets back.
Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Indra Prime »

If you still want your answer, here it is. There would be a few problems with that theory, with most of them interfereing with the Temporal Prime Directive, where no nation with higher levels of technological development can influence another nation whether it is itself or another nation, through any form of temporal manipulation. Plus there could be the formation of multiple paradoxes during each temporal incursion, which would not put us in a good mood if we had to come in and clean up after it.

Now if youre only interested in crossing great distances very quickly, then we may be able to help you. There are quite a few options that you can take without trying to mess with the STC.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Indra Prime wrote:If you still want your answer, here it is. There would be a few problems with that theory, with most of them interfereing with the Temporal Prime Directive, where no nation with higher levels of technological development can influence another nation whether it is itself or another nation, through any form of temporal manipulation. Plus there could be the formation of multiple paradoxes during each temporal incursion, which would not put us in a good mood if we had to come in and clean up after it.

Now if youre only interested in crossing great distances very quickly, then we may be able to help you. There are quite a few options that you can take without trying to mess with the STC.
Tithia you want my Slipstream drive? AS Indra is right
Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Indra Prime »

Of course I'm right. :D I'm always right about this stuff.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Indra Prime wrote:Of course I'm right. :D I'm always right about this stuff.
Yes thats true