Sskiss "Slaughter of Prey" class medium fighter

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Sskiss "Slaughter of Prey" class medium fighter

Post by Sskiss »

http://www.desktopstarships.com/SciGall ... i_161.html

Shown here within a Jordaxian docking bay. The "Slaughterer of Prey" medium fighter is a triumph in Sskiss engineering and design. The Sskiss have succeeded in merging organic, crystalline and mechanical technologies into one deadly creation. The "Slaughterer of Prey" is the most advanced Sskiss fighter to date and it compares very favorably to the best fighter craft of other ESUS nations.

This craft was created for one purpose, to engage and destroy enemy fighters and other small craft, such as gunships. In short, it's a dedicated dogfighter. Few fighters can equal it in speed and none in maneuverability or excellaration.

This largely due to two conditions. First, the Sskiss race possesses tremendous resistance to g-forces caused by acceleration/deaccellaration and tight maneuvers, and second, the reationless drives of the craft, which inherently possess superior maneuverability and excelleration. This craft can literally pivot "on the spot" and take very sharp angles of turn giving the fighter a great advantage in dogfights.

The twin gattling gauss cannons coupled with one high yield pulse phased disrupter give this fighter a deadly bite. The gauss cannons may either fire DU, a tungsten/beryllium alloy, or extremely dense crystalline shards at a ROF 12,500 rounds per second. The ammunition fired masses anywhere from 4 to 10 kg depending the ammunition used.

The one main drawback of the fighter is it's rather mediocre shielding. Perhaps the reason for this lies in Sskiss fleet tactical doctrine. Sskiss concentrate on firepower, speed and maneuverability in their craft in general - at the expense of shields. However, the superb armour helps compensate for this lack. Another reason may be is that shielding takes up both space and power. Both, the Sskiss feel, can better used for weaponry.

Statistics

Dimensions: 25.2x12.6x2.9 meters
Mass: 87.67 metric tons
Arnaments: 2 six barreled gattling gauss cannons (forward prongs)
1 high yield phased pulse disrupter (forward underside)
1 x 3 micro-missile rack (MIRV/3 missiles each - anti-matter) - 5 reloads.
Armour: collapsium - 34cm, crystalline composite - 16cm, heat resistant
composite tiles - 6cm.
Shields: yes - 1 high density Electro-magnetic shield.
STL speed: Cruising: .65ls, Maximum: .97ls
Propulsion: 2 reactionless drives
Power plant: 2 gravity polarizers
Fuel: Magnetic monopole rods
Maximum Range: 12,560 AU's
Crew: 1 Sskiss - pilot caste/ 1 organic data nodule

Additional features include the following; 2 hardpoints which are situated on the underside foreword portion of the craft at either side of the cockpit. The hardpoints are often equipped with a "Relentless Scavenger" class defensive drone and a "Confuser of Senses" class ECM/ECCM drone

An emergency escape pod which comprises the cockpit itself. As well as a direct bio-neural link allowing the pilot and craft to function as one for greater efficiency. Sskiss craft operate by direct thought transmission.

Above all, however, is the armours' ability to "heal" itself. This has two advantages, first this reduces the mantainence of the craft and second, during combat, it can heal itself from minor or moderate damage given time. Of course the more damage inflicted the longer the time for the self-repair.

Human military personal have pondered how the armour accomplishes this task. It is thought that the Sskiss have a biological equivalent to nanites. This may be the reason for the armours "healing" ability. As for the Sskiss, they have remained silent on the matter.

There are currently only about 200 of these fighters in production as further tests are needed.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:20 am, edited 12 times in total.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Nice. Really nice. It compares very favorably to all my current fighters. It's obvious you put a lot of thought into it.

That being said, I have one question, how much ammunition can it carry for the gauss chainguns?

Other than that, looks fine.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

I like it. Probably one of my main shipyard bays. (the rest my areas have a distinctly industrial feel to it, though the main pluto based docks are probably where that picture was taken.

Very nice, in fact. Would you be against allowing the hiring of these, admittedly rare, craft for use near pluto? There is a resurgent pirate problem, so it would probably also be beneficial as a base training ground for the pilots of these craft, whilst also helping defend shipping in and around our sphere of influence.

"payment" could be delivered in a number of ways. We would allow all pirates caught to be turned over to Sskiss assistance, along with a wide variety of herbs and spices, for no real reason. Also, base materials could be provided, should they be needed.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Nice. Really nice. It compares very favorably to all my current fighters. It's obvious you put a lot of thought into it.

That being said, I have one question, how much ammunition can it carry for the gauss chainguns?

Other than that, looks fine.
I knew I forgot something. Let me think, none of the ammunition would take that much room (all high density). I'll leave it to you, seeing that you are more experienced in such things. If all else fails, I could have it use a munitions pod installed on one of the hardpoints. After all, there are often "series" in such things, yes?

Thanks for the compliments, comming from you, that's something. And yes, I took me awhile to do it.

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Jordaxia wrote:I like it. Probably one of my main shipyard bays. (the rest my areas have a distinctly industrial feel to it, though the main pluto based docks are probably where that picture was taken.

Very nice, in fact. Would you be against allowing the hiring of these, admittedly rare, craft for use near pluto? There is a resurgent pirate problem, so it would probably also be beneficial as a base training ground for the pilots of these craft, whilst also helping defend shipping in and around our sphere of influence.

"payment" could be delivered in a number of ways. We would allow all pirates caught to be turned over to Sskiss assistance, along with a wide variety of herbs and spices, for no real reason. Also, base materials could be provided, should they be needed.
Hiring? Not just yet, The Sskiss will produce a few thousand before anything of that nature will be considered.

The craft is mostly defensive, that's what dogfighters are for. Damn, I forgot to add something else! Thanks Jordaxia for the good appraisal of the craft, it's my first, so I was a bit concerned about it being over or under powered.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Cool, i like it, what kind of powersource do you use? must be something weird to power organic, mechanical, and crystiline components.

BTW, how fast can it menuver? cause im going to make a new aegean fighter with very high menuverability, next only to the E fighter.

im hopping to keep pace with modern times
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Aegeus, the data is all there, take a closer look. I've listed the propultion, the power plant and the fuel.

As for manueverability, the craft does so by generating a gravity field at any angle desired. As a result, the craft "falls" toward that angle.

Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

TWO THUMBS WAY WAY UP FOR SSKISS!!!
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

its is cool, but yous till didnt tell me how menuverable it was ( like degrees per second)

im actually refitting my dev page here in a bit, but it doesnt matter, im jsut trying to go on par here
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Aegeus wrote:its is cool, but yous till didnt tell me how menuverable it was ( like degrees per second)

im actually refitting my dev page here in a bit, but it doesnt matter, im jsut trying to go on par here
Degrees per second? Think milliseconds - the speed of thought and Sskiss neural transmission basically. Degrees are larely irrelevent due to this factor.