Mindsettian FTLi Prototype

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Actually, I never thought of that. Yes, the pseudo-theory of this FTLi would do that. Thanks very much, I knew there was a reason you joined... apart from the near perfect RP score...
Crystal Palais
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crystal Palais »

Always happy to help. Though I do wonder, would something like that be strong enough to shut something like an active hyperspace gate, if the gate were turned on before the FTLi was?

Or actually, since I reread the way it works... would it make the gate fuse open permanently, so long as the FTLi is active?
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Hmm, I suppose it could be applied that way. It reinforces space, so yeah, I guess it could stabilise gateways too.
Crystal Palais
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crystal Palais »

Evil thought number two for the morning: If you've got a ship passing by in warp and you turn that thing on, it's going to get stuck right in its tracks and be utterly unable to move since it'll be stuck in a bubble of distorted space. I like it.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

The Mindset wrote:Well, no, since rips in these "spatial triangles" must be made to get from normal space into subspace/hyperspace.
Not necessarily.

And I was just saying that it could only stop those two general types of FTL; there are others, ya know.