Robots 'n Guns (Added beam types/frequencies)

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

Robots 'n Guns (Added beam types/frequencies)

Post by Wormia »

WAR-17 ~ Multi-Emission General Purpose Carbine

The WAR-17 is Wormia's replacement for the aging and terminally simply WAR-15 as the Federated Stellar Republics main offensive infantry weapon. The 17, also known as the "MultiGun," is also a Wormian military reply to a growing trend in modern militaries involving the usage and deployment of genetically-articulated military hardware.

The technology incorporated in the 17 rifle was available for usage by the Wormian military for use in the heralded era of the 15, however, the process of miniaturizing and battle-hardening the technology for war made it an economic disaster. Despite the cost, a select few of the little known WAR-16's were built and marketed, reputably successfully, to special forces within and outside of Wormia.

Not until harder, more data-capable crystalline integrated circuits came out were Wormian tactitians willing to explore the mass production of any rifle that would become the WAR-17. These came out roughly three years after the first WAR-16's had been produced, and the Wormian Infantry Weapons Corps was commissioned to explore the possibilities of such a rifle.

The weapons scope, trained on a haplessly doomed Shivan

The end result was the WAR-17, "MultiGun." The weapon was designed ever so carefully with every aspect of it not being overlooked. There was a handguard for infantry gunners, but not so much of one that it hindered going prone. An electronic zoom scope calculates distance to target as well as probable kill worthy energy levels. It sports six fire modes, and it's beam consists of three energy types to combat a wider range of enemies more efficiently.

The weapon is versatile, and can be used almost anywhere. It can operate as long as battery life permits underwater, in space, and can even function in a swath of high-concentrate acid for up to 36 hours. The ability to network with HUD capable EVA/Hazard Suits was incorporated in a wireless, or cable provided computer network that speaks most Andromedan and Milky Way computer languages.

The energy frequencies are openly set at large, medium, and small wavelengths for a broader range of disruptive and tissue shattering effects. The beams are essentially microwave, visible light (laser) and a gamma ray beam (Frequencies below). The frequencies working in unison provide effective offensive power against a wider range of species, the gamma rays dealing horrendous damage to living tissue, and the microwaves providing nuclear disruption, and the laser operating on it's use of heat.

• WAR-17 Specfications:
  • Beam Width (Default): 2 mm
  • Beam Dispersion Angle: 30°
  • Beam Frequencies:
    • Microwave - 270 GHz
    • Visible Light - 720 THz
    • Gamma - 29,000 THz
  • Weight: 4.08 kg
  • Range (Cohered Beam): 1600 m
  • Range (Maximum Spread): 400 m
  • Battery Storage: 3,456.45 megawatt hours
  • Maximum Discharge: 11,715.2 megajoules per second
  • Fire Modes: Single Pulse, Triple Pulse, Automatic Pulse, Short Beam (1'), Medium Beam (3'), Long Beam (6'), Continuous Beam.
  • Flat Beam: Yes
  • Scope Zoom: 1800x Digital Zoom
  • IFF Capable: Yes

Security Unit 3 ~ Urban Security Automaton

The Security Unit 3 is exactly that, the third such unit to enter policing and security service in Wormia in a mass produced fashion. These units are the "on patrol" replacements for the aging Units 1 & 2, whose time for replacement is long overdue, and has been somewhat delayed due to an currently unhealthy Wormian economy.

The Security Unit 3 has entered Wormian law and order with a bang. The Security Unit 3 has been not nearly as well recieved as it's predecessors, due to limited psionic capabilities, and has been agreed upon by the populace as a general invasion of privacy. Among it's other features, the Standard Unit 3's positronic brain allows calculation of approximately 350 teraflops, and it has roughly 300 TB of available system memory. Despite the more ruthless appearing lawgivers and policemen of other nations, the Unit 3 is designed to interface more comfortably with both Wormians and Humans alike, and have been wildly successful in this respect.

The psionic abilities of the Unit 3 are controversial to say the least, but are hardly drastic looks into the minds of the people. The robot itself does not peer into the crania of the populous, but a secondary standard quantum computer churns away at incoming brainwave signals which are measured by neurometers. The signals are then translated into standard computer code (via a hard drive carrying a database of over 64,000 known neuro-languages) and decyphered. The quantum computer then relays the individuals it has targeted and stamped as "aggressive," "suspicious," or nervous. From here, the Unit 3 will simply continue about it's normal patrol procedure, but it will inform other, nearby Unit 3's to keep the individuals under elevated surveillance.

The system of Unit 3's has been beautiful, to say the least. Each Unit 3 is networked to each other Unit 3 so as to increase patrol coverage, or even to arrange tactical responses to violent urban situations. Unit 3's are also a means to comfortably place cameras in the vicinity of the general populace, as each Unit 3 eye can see at roughly 600 dpi.

Despite a seemingly flawless system, Wormian hackers have a penchant for causing unrest, and in one situation nearly ended up killing a man by severing urban control of a Unit 3 and using it to steal from pedestrians. Each Unit 3 has been equipped with a small EMP device with a range of no more than 6 inches, which is implanted at the base of their positronic brains, ensuring possible self destruct if hacker's successfully turned a Unit 3 deranged. Despite rare occurences of this crime, the Unit 3's are highly intelligent, and are capable of tracing unauthorized signals, and catching unsuspecting hackers.

Assistance Unit 2 ~ Pedestrian Assistance Automaton

Capitalizing on the "friend of the people" idea of the Unit 3 above, yet another common Wormian automaton is seen in the streets of the primary colonies of Wormia. The assistance units, such as the one pictured above, are a more recent addition to the robot task force that is Wormia's legacy. The assistance units exist as a public service, nothing more. Aside from assisting the Security robots in domestic watch, they perform tasks that common passerby are in need of, and have been invaluable in emergency situations.

When Orbis Terralonica was foolishly attacked by a privateered ship sent by the government of TFU, the Assistance Unit 2's were far ahead of the attackers by having already calmed the general populace into entering their respective zone evacuation ships. Of course, the attack turned out to be quite possibly the worst strategic ploy of all time, and the ship was incinerated with a few subtle arguements from a Terralonian polar defense cannon, but nevertheless, the automatons proved their astounding dependendability, and the populace showed their astounding trust in them.

The automatons are capable of performing just about anything asked of them. They are even capable of killing, but they will not commit the act. Often times, foreign visitors will hear such rumors and ask of the robots to perform athletic tasks such as, "doing flips" or "wall jumping." To their replete surprise, the robots do this, with pleased audiences.

Last edited by Wormia on Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Nice pics capet for the bi-centinial man one *shudders at the thought of watching it again*
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Lol, robin williams is <i> The </i> man. Btw, nice really terribly edited pic of the i-robot ifruit-robots or whatever.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Wormia
Uber-Ancients

Post by Wormia »

Meh. I'm not a 2D artist, just a 3D one. That's why I made the gun myself.
View Wormia Here

The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

... I thought it was photoshopped pretty well.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Very nice. I'll stick with my 40mm autocannons though. :P I love how you modeled in a Shivan on the scope. :)

As for the robots? The first one doesn't look like it would work too well in the Heavily armed street battles between mobsters, communists, and police that occur daily in Central Facehuggeria.

Otherwise, they're nice. Much more *happy* than my police forces are. :P
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Wormia
Uber-Ancients

Post by Wormia »

'Twas the intention to provide the Wormian public with a reasonably docile looking "Friend to the law."

In any case, they are not frequently hard-pressed to duke it out between angry civilians with third world military hardware, but, when the event does occure, the robots handle it well. If you are referring to a general lack of armor, this was taken into consideration, and will likely be updated on the next robot. Or when I learn how to model characters awesomely in 3ds max.
View Wormia Here

CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Very nice. I'll stick with my 40mm autocannons though. :P I love how you modeled in a Shivan on the scope. :)

As for the robots? The first one doesn't look like it would work too well in the Heavily armed street battles between mobsters, communists, and police that occur daily in Central Facehuggeria.

Otherwise, they're nice. Much more *happy* than my police forces are. :P
thats all that happens in your streets? wow (some of my cities are based on cyberpunk 2027 the cyber genration)

anyway nice gun (love the scope with the poor icle shivan) tho im not one for energy hand weapons, give me cheap projectile weapons (and with caseless rounds its so cheap). the robots are ok tho i hope you dont have the 3 laws (whats ment to be perfect logic) that would get broken.
Wormia
Uber-Ancients

Post by Wormia »

We use similar controls as the three laws, however, we have ensured that none of them can be misinterpreted as "They need new leadership."
View Wormia Here

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Well, if you want, i could re-edit them for you in photoshop, all you need to do is send me the PSD.

also, BTW, what modeling program are you using for those guns? i need to get myself a copy of it, im still using doga *gaping mouth*
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!