Nanites?

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

The Mindset wrote:But there would be no perspective of the old you. You'd die as soon as the memories were transferred.

If I erased all your memories right now, would you still be you? No, you'd be dead. You'd never be you again.
It does not matter if the original's prespective exists or not post cloning, that does not invalidate it, especially in this matter.

And if you erased someone memories, they would loose their identity, but they would still be the same person.

Let's say that Bob here has your dream body, but for some unrelated reason, doesn't want to live any more, and will commit suicide in the near future; would you mind me murdering you, if I wiped his mind and implanted a copy of your memories?

Bob would think he was you, have your memories, etc, and you would be dead and gone. It wouldn't do you any good.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

But I argue that Bob would NOT thjink he was me. I argue that Bob WOULD be me. This is a philisophical argument, and as such, there's probably no way we can resolve this. However, my nation believes our Prime is the same person, and always has been. You may not, but let's stop hijacking this thread, eh?