Weapon power?

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Shadow Tech
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Weapon power?

Post by Shadow Tech »

I was just wondering, how many watts do your average energy weapons put out.
Shadow Tech
"We splooge in your gene pool"
"In soviet ST ships choose you."
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

CF Ground vehicle weapons are in the range of 100 GW-100,000 GW.
CF Space fighter weapons are in the 10,000 GW-77,000 GW range.
By the time I get to capital ship weapons, I don't bother rating them in watts. I rate them in tons of TNT. Most CF capital ship weapons are in the megaton-gigaton range. Although some oversized weapons (*cough*ubergun*cough*) have a signifigantly higher damage.

Oh, personal weapons tend to have anywhere from 40 MW for civilian weapons to 1 GW for extremely large mobile infantry weapons.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Blademasters
Site Admin

Post by Blademasters »

personal weapons, in the mid gigawatt range... ship weapons, from the high gigawatt range to the high terawatt range, with certain weapons reaxhing the exawatt range.
"The Avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-The Vorlons

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
-Albert Einstein

"Few people realize that the line between sanity and insanity is actually made of cheese." -Anonymous

"If you need a subspace transceiver to radio your engine room, you might be wanking"
-Capsule Corp
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Watts? Shouldn't you be rating these things in joules?
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

i dont bother rateing my weapons (mainly cos i cant be bothered to work it out, besides most of my weapons are plasma based and projectile based (or mixed like my plasma bolter)
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Skeelzania primarily uses kinetic and missile weapons on our ships, with ground forces being armed with simple chemical (i.e. gunpowder) weapons. The one exception is the ST-45 and ST-47 Super Battle Tanks, which mount a large unrated plasma cannon.

The few energy weapons that are mounted on ships are Chemical Lasers, which use a super-concentrated beam of ionized gas to attack (our ion cannons work on a similar principle, but are much larger). These rate anywhere between 500 gigawatts to 20,000 gigawatts.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

*** Denotes a spoiler. Highlight to read.

Reflex Weapons are quite powerful, ne?

Yamato Gun - Variable. Ranges from 15 Megatons to 200 Gigatons.

Reflex Warhead - Variable. Ranges from 100 Kilotons to 300 Gigatons. Drasticly weakened when in high gravity fields.

Reflex Cannon - Measured in the Hundreds of Gigatons in zero-G. Hundreds of megatons when used on a planet.

***Cascade (Reflex) Warhead - Variable. Ranges from 100 Kilotons to 300 Gigatons. Works in both Microgravity and against planets. (PURE NEO-MEKANTA ONLY WEAPON)

***Cascade (Reflex) Cannon - Measured in the Hundreds of Gigatons when used on a planet. (PURE NEO-MEKANTAN ONLY WEAPON)

Stellar Converter - Unknown. Planet-buster weapon.

***Apocalypse Cannon - 150 TERATONS of destructive power. (PURE NEO-MEKANTAN ONLY WEAPON)

Heh. Spoilers on some of Neo-Mekanta's new toys. But oh well. ^_^
Vernii
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Vernii »

Megaton to gigaton range shipboard weapons.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

The Thor generally puts out Terajoules and some weapons can exert Exajoules. The rest of my fleet stays around the giga/megajoule area. Personal weapons stay around the megawatt gigawatt area.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

I just assume that my weapons power is similar to everyone else (more or less) - just not into numbers...

If it goes BOOM! it works!
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"