Prepare yourself for the next generation of combat warship!

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Prepare yourself for the next generation of combat warship!

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

A silver blue facehugger flicked across the screen, the words CFNN were soon emblazoned across it.

The visage soon faded to be replaced by two people, a young and attractive woman, and a older, dignified man sitting at a newstable.

"In our top story, the CF government has just released this picture of their latest combat warship. All we know presently is that it has guns. We'll naturally keep you, our viewers, updated."

Last edited by Guest on Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
New Calabra (Albion)
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by New Calabra (Albion) »

Hmmm.... A ship with guns...

Well, that's always a good start. ^_^
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Excelent news cast my freind, i actually hafta do that wanted one later now (curse you!( beause i dont wana look like a poser :p
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

*an idiot Jordaxian appears from nowhere, stands up, and asks an idiot question.*

So, with this ship having had guns confirmed as being present, what would you say the likelihood of this being some form of warship would be?
And, should it be a warship, what will you have to say about it? Does it meet current health and safety regulations? What about safety information? In recent work environment studies, nearly 22% of all Jordaxian weaponry did not have necessary safety stickers, such as "warning. Torpedo may contain explosives", or "beam cannon. Prolonged exposure may be hazardous to your health. " How does CF safety information compare?

*the light behind the idiot shimmers, and a black silhoette appears, clapping manacles on the idiot.*

"We'll commence bidding at 30 standard credits?"

In all seriousness though, this better be good. I'd say something if there was any information given about it, but there wasn't really.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Jordaxia wrote:
In all seriousness though, this better be good.
Oh, don't worry. Lets just say that this ship will have sufficient power to defeat just about anything else in space.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Eh... Even Mary Poppins?
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

even Lucifer (mine not the goddam godmod Shivan one, atlest my Bubble shields have Major Flaws *rants for the next hour or 2 on the godmod Shivan Licifer*)
Feazanthia

Post by Feazanthia »

Even Neodammerung?
Nations drown in turmoil
As blood is set upon soil
Peace is a lost dream
My sword is a merciless reality

The enemy creeps in darkness
And dwindles my people
My enemy turns worlds to deserts
With the heat of his enmity

Crimson seas call my name
Caves of death beckon me
The worlds have been doomed
Time has set itself against us

The redemption of my era
Will be brought about by fire
For I am the messiah of my age
Forgive me for the heavens torn asunder
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

IC:

After a brief commercial brake, the familiar silver-cobalt facehugger reappeared on the screens. The ubiquitous news jingle followed as the scene returned to the man and the woman sitting around.

The woman began speaking, refering to what had happened directly before the commercial brake. "Thanks Tom. In a continuation of our top story, the government is holding a press release to respond to curiousity about this new warship. We at CFNN are there live, right now! What's the situation Ralph?"

The scene switched to a darkened room. Blood red banners with the traditional swastika hung from the walls. More than one reporter was reminded of the cruficxion as they gazed upon the cloth and nanite mesh banners.

"Thanks Jenny, I'm here in the press room of the Reich building, anxiously waiting for the information minister to begin the confrence."

The woman then asked a simple question; "What's your take on it, Ralph?"

The man in the Reich building then replied "I don't really know. The government has usually been extremely tight lipped about their weaponry, I'm not exactly sure why they're open announcing a new weapon. Of if they are at all for that matter. I..."

A man dressed in a silver, black, and cobalt uniform strode out onto the podium. He was Heinrich Freisland, information minister of the Nazi Utopia.

He began speaking in a low tone that made him sound like an old man who had been hounded on end by over eager wisdom seekers. "My fellow Facehuggerians, I am here to day to explain several things about this 'warship' that has been apparently leaked to the press. As most of you know, the CF government controls the information industry, ja? That ship is concept art from the upcoming game 'Doomed 666." In that game, you play as a random space marine fighting off a horde of horny nanite tentacle demons. One of the missions has you piloting a ship taking down wave after wave of tentacle monsters. That is the ship. So you see, it obviously isn't a real warship."

Ralph stood up however and began to question Freisland. "Minister Freisland, if what you say is true, would you mind telling me why these pictures were leaked from the department of defense?

Heinrich turned a shade whiter as he thought for a moment. "That image wasn't leaked from the DOD. Whoever told you such was either lying or flatly wrong. Here, to show you what I'm telling you is truth, I offer you each an advance copy of Doomed 666. You can see exactly for yourself that this ship isn't real."

Of course, none of the reporters were well versed enough in computers to realize that all you had to do was swap a few 5d models out and bingo, instant cover story.

Ralph thought to speak for a moment, but then realized there was no real arguement he could put forth. His gut was still telling him that Heinrich was lying however.

"Well, that's that Jenny." He said, distraught. He had expected answers. He recieved only more questions and a nagging feeling that this wasn't the end.

"Thanks Ralph. Up next, we have a cute story about a three legged dog who saved a child from drowning in a river."

OOC: Basically, the culmination of the project will have the power to (hopefully) take out a battleplate. Although of course I would never test it out, what with Kanuckistan being my ally and all.

OOC Edit: Exercised modpowers to clean this thread of spam.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

OOC: So do you only have a rough idea of this ship, or are you being a suspense wanker and giving us tid bits now and then so you can bask in your ego trip? If so I give you major props for being that self centered. Nice post btw. I was wondering where Iccan obtain my copy of 'Doomed 666' :lol: :P