Wetland putting out contract.

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Jordaxia wrote:Actually, what is implied is that, whilst it may be powerful, it is not efficient. It could be far smaller, and thus less matter intensive, and cheaper, and harder to hit, and still achieve the same result. Thus... it is not as efficient as it could be, which makes it inefficient.
Umm I will not debate this here, but if we want to debate this, I can open up a thread elsewhere...
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Nah, not really. I was just clarifying what I made of the point, is all. I've got no opinion one way or the other on giant ships, really.

Except that I prefer small ships.

This is my last OT post concerning this.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Wetland
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Wetland »

I wish to clarify a few things here. First of all, the primary purpose of this ship is indeed to scare others. Second, if you have a proposal that does not conform to the above parameters we are willing to take it into consideration. You should also know that 10 km is an upper limit, considering the length of our other designs. So I am afraid that your design is just too large, Metallinauts.

Our facilities wouldn't be able to cope with such a large ship.
Fear me, if you dare!
And read my story on fanfiction, please.
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

Ships should start small, and grow as nessesity (spelling dead) dictates, if your ship cant grow, then we look on in pity.
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

CFAC could custom design such a vessel for you, but at that legnth, it would have to be shaped rather like a cigar.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Shadow Tech
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Shadow Tech »

I could possibly design one for you, but it would take some time to make a detailed ship that big.
Shadow Tech
"We splooge in your gene pool"
"In soviet ST ships choose you."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

The Wetlands wrote: We are looking for a ship that is about 10km long, carries both jump and warp engines and is capable of keeping up with the rest of the fleet, must have at least a Mk. II Accumulator shield generator although additional shielding would help and it must have a qucomp with a fourth generation AI. The technology for these systems will be supplied by us as will be the weapons systems of the ship. The ship must have these weapons:
- phased particle beam arrays
- plasma cannons
- rail cannons capable of planetary bombardement
- ZPE missiles
- antifighter laser cannons
- decoy launchers for protection against missiles
It must also carry at least 400 fighters, 10.000 marines, their equipement, the dropships to offload them and 4 battlecrabs.
/ic/ To the The Intersystems Confederacy of Wetland:

We here at the Imperial Docks Corporation have looked over your proposal and are considering it, however, we have some questions to ask before we can begin any construction:
  • Are the weapons you list being provided by you, and if so, how exactly? Will we make the hull, give it to you and then have you install the weapons and systems, or will you give us all the weapons and systems, which we will integrate into your ship?
  • We have looked at your projected statistics, and are you sure that is what you want? In comparison to our Hyperion Class star battleship, which is only 2 kilometers longer, your statistics seem slightly underloaded. I'm sure we could make it so that this ship of yours carries a comparable amount of marines, seeing as the two are so similar in size.
  • /ooc/ As far as price is concerned, I'm not familiar with the standard "this much $ for so many m/km," so I'm going to go with a "homegrown" estimate, for now. /ic/ For this, Imperial Docks would like 3.5 trillion USD - the single exchange rate of your and my currency is, respectively, approximately $1.20 to the USD vs. $1.90 to the USD. We can set up an appopriate payment plan as needed. This will also cover the cost of bulk materials as well. If we are to manufacture all the weapons, the price will increase.
  • /ooc/ Finally, should I render a design? If so, what general impression do you have of it? If you can pencil any ideas and scan them that would greatly increase the speed of the process. Seeing as this is a dreadnought design, which is a staple of Arizonan astritime architecture, I won't charge you for the rendering. 8) Look at the Schicksalschiff thread on the ESUS forums, and http://anikari.zioncreation.com/fleet.htm for other examples. To note, I didn't render the Hyperion.
Imperial Docks understands that in today's world, the need for huge, core capital ships is a real and pressing need. Core-ships act as a very hard to miss rallying point for the fleet, a place where smaller ships can either shelter or even be repaired and refitted while on campaign, and the intimidation factor is one of many which can decide a battle in your favor; men who are even unnerved fight less affectively than men who are emboldened. Core-ships can also function as mammoth platforms for powerful weapons systems, such as the Schicksalschiff, and as such are just as valuable to the fleet as the corvette or the frigate.

/END TIP TRAN/

-/SC Encrypt 3/- encoded transmission

The Arizona Novanian Intelligence Agency also has a job for you. If you can acquire a stealth/cloaking system, a very very good one, not a "fire-while-cloaked" type but one that is guaranteed to be almost undetectable, I'm sure we can take a chunk out of the sum for your new battleship. Serve us well, and you may even get a fantastic prize out of the deal. Betray us, however, watch, as your worlds will burn.

~Image

/end trans/

DISCLAIMER: Any posted links were posted not in the interest of advertisement, but examples of statistics and past work of Imperial Docks. How the rules concerning Storefront-SPAM relate to commissions, I don't know, but I say this just in case. Any venomous threats are considered standard boilerplate in relation to intelligence groups.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Wetland
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Wetland »

Your proposal has peaked our interest, Arizona. To answer your questions, we will provide you with the weapons and other systems we want in it and personnel to aid you in installing it.

We would be happy if the ship could carry 20,000 instead of 10,000 troops as long as it is still capable of carrying the dropships necessary for deploying that many troops.

Your price is acceptable although we are wondering if you maybe interested in accepting several of our ships to pay a part of the price?

As for the image:
basic idea
I was thinking along these lines, a design roughly resembling this ship, were the hangar entrances are in the front between the prongs and no visible turrets please. None of my weapons systems are big enough to be visible on a 10 km long ship.

If you have anymore questions, just TG me.
Fear me, if you dare!
And read my story on fanfiction, please.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Agreed that futher communication will occur over TGs.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Oh! I'd almost forgotten about this! Sorry! :oops: Ship is done, of course, I got the render uploaded.

~Anikar

{Back Burner}