Introducing the Aiel Dreadnought range

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Moontian
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The Proto-Imperium of
Name: Megas

Introducing the Aiel Dreadnought range

Post by Moontian »

I am building two new ships to utilise my new shielding. These are both called Aiel Dreadnoughts, because the basic design is the same, but the weaponry used is different. I don't have any drawings, but here are the stats:

Aiel beam Dreadnought
Length: 624 metres
Width: 237 metres
Height: 69 metres
Crew: 1200
Armament: 72x SBAM cannon, 100x laser turrets
Armour: 40 cm neutronium plate
Shields: gravitational lensing
Power: 5x anti-matter plant
Acceleration: 3.5 g's
Max speed: unknown as yet

Aiel missile Dreadnought
Length: 624 metres
Width: 237 metres
Height: 69 metres
Crew: 1200
Armament: 128x missile launcher, 48x SBAM cannon
Armour: 40 cm neutronium plate
Shields: gravitational lensing
Power: 5x anti-matter plant
Acceleration: 3.5 g's
Max speed: unknown as yet

The weapons can be fired through the gravitational shielding by careful targetting, which is done with help from interfacing between the targetting computers and the gunners. It is simply a matter of knowing how far the refraction will go, and accounting for it. This makes the shields somewhat dangerous to use, but more reliable than simply using armour.
Notice how my ships aren't all that huge? I will be building a whole second series of ships that incorporate the new shields later, while keeping the ships I have to use in stealth raids.
Any advice on the stats would be appreciated.
No longer mere Earth beings or Sol beings, but bright children of the stars!
Moontian is on the web! click here: http://www.freewebs.com/moontian/
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

The only real problem I can see is the amount of neutronium. That amount, all over the hull, would have a mass of hundreds of billions of tons. A teaspoonfull weighs 100 million tons, so imagine how much a consistent 40 cm of this stuff would weigh all over the hull.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

I would consider "neutronium" to be anything that has been condenced through the process of molecular compression. The main problem with this type of armour, is that it requires very large amounts of energy to fabricate, and it's great mass means that overall speed and excellaration will be low.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Shadow Command of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Zarahemla »

Aw, I would expect a ship called "Aiel" to look like a big spear or something :P
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Moontian
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Moontian »

So someone else has been reading Robert Jordan's work.

Speed and acceleration are low. Most of my ships have acceleration up to 7 g's, and these dreadnoughts are only half that.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

How the hell will you use them for stealth raids then? An STCD would be detected in a snap, unless you weren't using rips... Of course, you not using rips is feasible. I mostly use rips, except for my stealth ships and my bigger ships.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Zarahemla wrote:Aw, I would expect a ship called "Aiel" to look like a big spear or something :P

I would expect it to be a frickin' huge leaf. One that ran away when it was attacked by enemies, and explained that it followed 'the way of the leaf' when it was called to account for running away.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Moontian
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Moontian »

Hyperspatial Travel wrote:I would expect it to be a frickin' huge leaf. One that ran away when it was attacked by enemies, and explained that it followed 'the way of the leaf' when it was called to account for running away.
Perhaps a trefoil lleaf, to represent Avendesora.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Moontian wrote:
Hyperspatial Travel wrote:I would expect it to be a frickin' huge leaf. One that ran away when it was attacked by enemies, and explained that it followed 'the way of the leaf' when it was called to account for running away.
Perhaps a trefoil lleaf, to represent Avendesora.
Perhaps a rather squarish leaf with the simple letters SPAM written on it? This is getting fairly off topic. Desist from this derailment.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Blademasters
Site Admin

Post by Blademasters »

I believe THIS is the image you are looking for CF.
"The Avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-The Vorlons

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
-Albert Einstein

"Few people realize that the line between sanity and insanity is actually made of cheese." -Anonymous

"If you need a subspace transceiver to radio your engine room, you might be wanking"
-Capsule Corp