Mobile Yamato Cannon platform...godmod?

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Feazanthia

Mobile Yamato Cannon platform...godmod?

Post by Feazanthia »

This pic is a stock one by the same guy who helped me make the Victory battlship. He tweaked the colors a bit for my use then emailed it to me. I thought it'd make a nice mobile Yamato Cannon. Of course, it'd be nearly nothing other than a reactor and a Yamato cannon, plus a few PD weapons, and nearly no armor. But still...I was wondering if having a few more of the 1 terraton energy cannons would be a godmod.

Here's the pic.

Nations drown in turmoil
As blood is set upon soil
Peace is a lost dream
My sword is a merciless reality

The enemy creeps in darkness
And dwindles my people
My enemy turns worlds to deserts
With the heat of his enmity

Crimson seas call my name
Caves of death beckon me
The worlds have been doomed
Time has set itself against us

The redemption of my era
Will be brought about by fire
For I am the messiah of my age
Forgive me for the heavens torn asunder
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

So long as it has a long charge time and is fairly unmanouverable.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

As long as you're willing to loose it as easily as any other lightly armored ship, it's fine in my opinion.
Penguenia
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Underwater Asylum »

I see no problems so long as it has little armour, and a charge time of around a minute. As well as having a maximum speed of around 200 KM/H.
Leader of the SCC. I also command a legion of monkeys.
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Shadow Command of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Zarahemla »

1 teraton is fine with me, and I don't care about armor... I mean, My valiance can do almost .5 teratons, and it's a bug compared to your ship.

Which reminds me I left an important thing out of the Farad stats... duration lol
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Feazanthia, any large weapons platform should have fairly long recharge times. Since yours does, there's no problem. The gerenal rule is; The more damage it delivers in one shot, the longer the recharge time.

As for armour or other defences, I would assume it would have at least some. That's really up to you. The Sskiss have one in the works, but it won't be out for quite some time yet.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

I would give it more armor, have it at least be able to take a slight pounding. Sure, you would have an even slower-moving ship, but if you have an uberweapon that can't take some heavy railgun slugs, then it's pretty much useless...
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

well, teh thing is, whatever you do, make it so it doesnt have godlike defenses. i dotn care how you do it, but persay, say right after it shoots, it's sheilds go down. Otherwise everyone ever will ignore it.

i wouldnt add more armor per say, but i might just make it have a slight carrying capacity, or have some decent sheilds on it.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Shadow Command of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Zarahemla »

Basic rule: If this thing has the power to destroy a planet, don't ALSO give it the power to deflect another buster weapon WHILE it's charging.
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Vernii
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Vernii »

Underwater Asylum wrote:I see no problems so long as it has little armour, and a charge time of around a minute. As well as having a maximum speed of around 200 KM/H.
What the? 200 KPH in space??!