New Mekantan Superweapon - The Typhon Megagun

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

See the tiny text a while back. 27,000 Light Years was bullshit.
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

Let me read a little bit back on my physics... After that I'll denounce this thing as godmodding... But not before... :wink:
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
New Calabra (Albion)
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by New Calabra (Albion) »

Yeah, I read that bit. I'm just talking about if you spread that around. Chances are you won't though. ^_^
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

If it's godmodding or not really depends on it's IC refire rate, final decided yeild, and how you use it.
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

Refire rate... Ungodly awful. Worse than the prototype Grand Cannons and Stellar Converters combined. It's not so bad if you're using it well under it's potential, say 35% (anti-capship group) or so. Under use at it's upper tier capacity, it can fire about once every twelve to twenty hours, depending on power availability and it's use. In addition, firing will temporarily take Oracle offline, rendering Mekanta "blind" to events in the Crystal Galaxy.

Typhon, at full operating capacity, will require the same amount of power a post-warp planet uses in an average year per firing. That being used to repower Oracle and ready a new Terminal Matrix. Standard operating power uses are more reasonable, but no less extreme.

Final yeild is something where there can be problems. A full power shot will vaporize fighters and rip capships to shreds, and tear planets apart and slam them back together haphazardly. All of this, in a large radius. It's rate of fire is crap, and it uses ungodly amounts of power, but it outclasses the Grand Cannon.

How it's used...
  • "So you want to use your huge wank fleet? Fine. I'll show you why that's a bad idea. ENGAGE TYPHON!! No more TFU armada that magically appeared in the Crystal Galaxy when he has no effing clue where it is." (See same scenario for people who want to try to team up on me, yet try to claim I can't have allies because they don't want them in thier thread.)
  • "Oh... Hi Kanuckistani Battleplate... Honest, I had no clue those bombs were full of genocidal viru- ENGAGE TYPHON!!!" (Okay, now that one is a joke.)
  • "Ah, so there's a pathetic little planet who wants to question the Empire's leadership. Low intensity blast. I want 45% of the surface eradicated and thier orbitals vaporized. Send some of Garm Fleet's Monitors to mop up..."
  • "Sir, we're being invaded. No godmoddy wankiness this time, but Machina-sama doesn't want to have to deal with them."
  • Same situation, just softening them up a bit because they didn't contact me first. That's whatcha get for not asking Mekanta before you declare war. Pan to Garm and Cerberus fleets sweeping in under non-Terminus Typhon attacks.

Basicly, it's a plot device, an IC-based IGNORE device, and long range artillery. VERY long range artillery.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Mekanta wrote: "Oh... Hi Kanuckistani Battleplate... Honest, I had no clue those bombs were full of genocidal viru- ENGAGE TYPHON!!!" (Okay, now that one is a joke.)
:lol:

Eh, you know that wouldn't work anyway. :wink: :D
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

You know, it's a bit of a waste against ships. Just create a tear in front of the ship, made for the ship's size, a little bigger, and the shell flies into it, the core FTL's somewhere, and the ship goes unharmed.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!