I need YOUR ANTI-NANITE / ANTI-TEMPORAL SHIELDS!

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Shadow Tech
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Shadow Tech »

I'll pay alot for these, as they are the main hole in my new ship's defense.
Contact me or post on here.

On a side note, I am still looking for a few strange weapons to be used on the ship.
Shadow Tech
"We splooge in your gene pool"
"In soviet ST ships choose you."
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

The only anti-nanite shields we have are standard armaments, which totally pwn nanites.
Penguenia
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Oxygen and water vaper jets, with metal micro-streamers lining the ship, with a static field set up around the ship. The nanites come near, zap. Or, there are gravatic shields, which just stop nanites. Then good gravatic shields, which crush anything that comes near, etc. I would also suggest gravatic weapons, like IDD grenades. Nanites can't get away. Radio waves, massive heat, PRCs, all of them work...
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

So anyway, a little bit of info regarding gravity. Gravity exerts a force according to mass. Sooooooo, nanites, not being especially heavy, will have an infinitesimal force exerted on them by a gravity field, requiring a hugely intense field to stop/crush nanites, completely disproportional (economically speaking) to the actual mass of them. Grav fields are good at stopping collosal constructs, useless at stopping tiny constructs.
I'd recommend that you drop that counter.

I reserve the right, once more to be wrong.

Jordaxian antinanite weapons involve lots of electrons being "sprayed" in the target direction, pushing them in the opposite direction with quite a bit of force (the amount of force generated by an electron to repulse another electron is actuallly pretty immense, and would either send the nanites flying away at quite some speed, or have the equivalent of smashing them like a car into a brick wall, destroying them.) You can have Jordaxian antinanite weapons for free, if you want it. (consider it an ESUS perk, heh.)
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Jordaxia wrote:So anyway, a little bit of info regarding gravity. Gravity exerts a force according to mass. Sooooooo, nanites, not being especially heavy, will have an infinitesimal force exerted on them by a gravity field, requiring a hugely intense field to stop/crush nanites, completely disproportional (economically speaking) to the actual mass of them. Grav fields are good at stopping collosal constructs, useless at stopping tiny constructs.
I'd recommend that you drop that counter.

I reserve the right, once more to be wrong.

Jordaxian antinanite weapons involve lots of electrons being "sprayed" in the target direction, pushing them in the opposite direction with quite a bit of force (the amount of force generated by an electron to repulse another electron is actuallly pretty immense, and would either send the nanites flying away at quite some speed, or have the equivalent of smashing them like a car into a brick wall, destroying them.) You can have Jordaxian antinanite weapons for free, if you want it. (consider it an ESUS perk, heh.)
To stop them, there is an outward field, pushing away from the ship. The nanites are small, but are still affected by sufficient gravity. And I did not mean to crush them, I used the wrong word. I was thinking multi-pool gravatic cannons. They pull from multiple directions, by exerting greavity fields in multiple places. This works like quartering someone...
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

CF is my saviour!
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Shadow Command of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Zarahemla »

Umm... Anti-nanite shields? Just have a constant remodulation.
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

well, try this for size

Nachtium.

'nuf said.

all you need is enough of it to create a gravity well. the nanites cannot pull it apart at the sub atomic level (the massive number of covaland bonds per single molecule prevents them from being broken except under massive exponential forces), meaning they get turned shit useless, and get crushed agaisnt the hull. thats why i laughed when IB threatened to nanite the PoK.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

OMG I haven't posted in a week lololololol......

Ar-hem.

I wasn't saying that they'd be unaffected by gravity, just that it would take a large gravitational force to affect them at any sort of speed, requiring an un-necessarily large amount of force. It'd be a good solution to a heavy weapon, but given the miniscule weight of a nanite, it'd be fairly inefficient. Think of the air. Gravity exerts such a small force on air that it can only hold it close to the Earth, it can't actually pull it to the ground. It'd have a similar effect to a nanite, virtually none. Now, of course, you could argue that you would use a far stronger field than that, but it starts to get expensive (either monetary or energy wise) to put up a field of immense strength.

I'm still reserving the right to be wrong.

But anyway, I'm not contesting it, just saying that it might be more expensive than you might think. Is all.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Jordaxia wrote:OMG I haven't posted in a week lololololol......

Ar-hem.

I wasn't saying that they'd be unaffected by gravity, just that it would take a large gravitational force to affect them at any sort of speed, requiring an un-necessarily large amount of force. It'd be a good solution to a heavy weapon, but given the miniscule weight of a nanite, it'd be fairly inefficient. Think of the air. Gravity exerts such a small force on air that it can only hold it close to the Earth, it can't actually pull it to the ground. It'd have a similar effect to a nanite, virtually none. Now, of course, you could argue that you would use a far stronger field than that, but it starts to get expensive (either monetary or energy wise) to put up a field of immense strength.

I'm still reserving the right to be wrong.

But anyway, I'm not contesting it, just saying that it might be more expensive than you might think. Is all.
Yes, but smaller mass has less inertia, and is thus much easier to move. Ey, ey?

CF is my saviour!
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

Plus, nanites are in themselves not terribly strong, they cant be. If force can be applied directly to them then they cant stand up to it, theyre by nature made mostly of nothing, in order to function theyd have to have large spaces in their structures relative to the thickness of the structure that makes them up.
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."