Heavy Heat lance Orbital Bombardment Unit *WIP*

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Heavy Heat lance Orbital Bombardment Unit *WIP*

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Ok, once again, I call on you guys to help me with something. I updated my HL, and surrounded it with a bunch of long-range heavy lasers and 4 small FARAD cannons, to use from space in planetary bombardment. However, this weapon allows precision. Instead of glassing the planet, destroy the points of command utterly, in a show of force. Obviously, this weapon is meant to be flashy. In use, it looks much like a thick beam of fire falling from the heavens and piling into an area, wreaking havok. Combined with the FARADs and lasers, the central beam is surrounded by spinning rays. It doesn't look like much, but the effects are devestating. Needless to say, however, is the fact that this baby takes a SHITLOAD of energy. It has on it a heavy Heat Lance, 64 long range heavy lasers, and 4 side mounted weapons, in this case FARADs.

For Zarahemla's benefit, the FARAD is conducted between the two wing-like things.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Bombarding a planet is boring. I'd rather go take it and have the citizens not hate me as much, than blow their cities into submission. The technique is good for nonhuman abominations, though.
Penguenia
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Penguenia wrote:Bombarding a planet is boring. I'd rather go take it and have the citizens not hate me as much, than blow their cities into submission. The technique is good for nonhuman abominations, though.
That's the general use. Though, it's also good for stunning the population in an area, before taking it with ground troops.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

CF is my saviour!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Bioweapons are always an option. I mean, who doesn't love a rapidly propagating virus that unravels DNA within days?

Combine that with a little demoralizing propaganda and troop landings, and you have one conquered planet!

Anyway: This is an intresting concept, but an orbital heat beam isn't the most efficient orbital beam weapon around. Especially if the enemy has any form of ablative covering. I'd suggest a neutron or similar particle beam. But to every man his own.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Bioweapons are always an option. I mean, who doesn't love a rapidly propagating virus that unravels DNA within days?

Combine that with a little demoralizing propaganda and troop landings, and you have one conquered planet!

Anyway: This is an intresting concept, but an orbital heat beam isn't the most efficient orbital beam weapon around. Especially if the enemy has any form of ablative covering. I'd suggest a neutron or similar particle beam. But to every man his own.
Yes, but the FARADs and LASERs help with that. Also, it is meant for the fear factor, rather than the sheer destructive power. If I wanted destructive power, I would use antimatter, IDDs, multiple-pool gravatic cannons, and a heavy GAC all together. That would just shred the planet in an instant.

CF is my saviour!
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Bah! If it's too troublesome glass, pave, and move on - thats the reason I had the Schicksalschiffs built.
Speaking of which, has anyone seen the Schicksalschiff with all it's weapons and systems in place? Metallinauts did a fine job. The thing that is so scary about the Schicksalschiff is that it not only has a giant planet-glassing or vaping plasma cannon, but I also got a phase-cloak device installed onboard. It cannot fire while cloaked, of course, that would be cheesy. But lets say that there is a heated battle going on on one side of a world. The Schicksalschiff falls back out of sensor range feigning retreat, and engages the cloak. It comes back in and passes right through the enemy lines and right through the planet, all the while charging the main cannon up (it is going at sublight of course). It gets to the other side and finishes charging to full power, and opens up on the unsuspecting world's backside, and only too late does the enemy fleet notice that the world is being vaporized out from behind them. Seeing their home destroyed and thus having no friendly port, they either break and run, die trying to kill my ships, or just commit ritual suicide, whatever turns their crank.
Back on topic though...

"Ok, once again, I call on you guys to help me with something." What?
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Arizona Nova wrote:Bah! If it's too troublesome glass, pave, and move on - thats the reason I had the Schicksalschiffs built.
Speaking of which, has anyone seen the Schicksalschiff with all it's weapons and systems in place? Metallinauts did a fine job. The thing that is so scary about the Schicksalschiff is that it not only has a giant planet-glassing or vaping plasma cannon, but I also got a phase-cloak device installed onboard. It cannot fire while cloaked, of course, that would be cheesy. But lets say that there is a heated battle going on on one side of a world. The Schicksalschiff falls back out of sensor range feigning retreat, and engages the cloak. It comes back in and passes right through the enemy lines and right through the planet, all the while charging the main cannon up (it is going at sublight of course). It gets to the other side and finishes charging to full power, and opens up on the unsuspecting world's backside, and only too late does the enemy fleet notice that the world is being vaporized out from behind them. Seeing their home destroyed and thus having no friendly port, they either break and run, die trying to kill my ships, or just commit ritual suicide, whatever turns their crank.
Back on topic though...

"Ok, once again, I call on you guys to help me with something." What?
This, dumbass. The HLOBU is made to induce fear. If I was good at 3dsMax, I would show you the spreading crater covered with molten lava, along with the holes bored through a planet with this weapon. M'kay?

CF is my saviour!
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

It's not nice to call people dumbass, JJR. Don't do it again.
Penguenia
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Penguenia wrote:It's not nice to call people dumbass, JJR. Don't do it again.
'Twas teh jokez0rs. But, hey, I'll just call him a rimjob. :lol:

CF is my saviour!
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

No offense taken. I sure feel like one right now though - it's fall break and I left my laptop's power strip at my college and I'm home now. Gah! *hits self in the head* And the computer I'm using doesn't have a fast modem nor any of the goodies my laptop has.
Ah, as is I don't have 3DS Max so I probably can't help, sorry.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}