The Ultimate Protection Against Temporal Weapons

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

The Ultimate Protection Against Temporal Weapons

Post by Kanuckistan »

Alright, seeing a degree of interest, I've decided to follow through and create an absoloutly effective protective sheild for defence against temporal technology.

I've just finished typing it up; lemme know what you guys think.

---------------------------------

Temporal Nullifier

With the growing proliferation of temporal technology, it is becoming increasingly urgent that nations find a method of protecting themselves, their people, and their armed forces from those who would seek to exploit temporal sciences in order to minipulate or destroy others.

To this end, Uniphase Armouries Interversal, in cooperation with the government of the Dominion of Kanuckistan, have endevored to create a marketible protection from these threats, based on older versions of highly classifyed Kanuckistani ASPEW technology.

While the intricacies are, of course, classifyed, the new 'Temporal Nullifyer' effectivly protects from temporal weaponry by altering the nature of time itself within the active radius of it's feild of effect - time, in a nut shell, becoming a property of matter/energy; a 'rate of change', rather than a traversible quasi-spatial dimention. Within the feild of an active Temporal Nullifier, this warping reality renders all 'conventional' temporal technologies physicly impossible, and the contents within the feild immune to changes in the time line. Also, leaving or deactivating the feild does not leave one subject to changes to the time line 'prior' to this point, as conventional temporal continuity is neatly severed(tho it should be noted that this is partical/wave-based(matter/energy), not iconic-based(ships/people/things/etc); food/drink/fuel/spare parts/energy/etc that are used/ingested/etc but not similarly exposed to a Temporal Nullifier's feild are still subject to).

-Type- -Radius(meters)- -Cost per Unit(USD)-
Class A: 1-25 ---- $25'000'000(25 million)
Class B: +25-100 ---- $150'000'000(150 million)
Class C: +100-250 ---- $450'000'000(450 million)
Class D: +250-500 ---- $1'000'000'000(1 billion)
Class E: +500-1'000 ---- $2'500'000'000(2.5 billion)
Class F: +1'000-2'500 ---- $7'500'000'000(7.5 billion)
Class G: +2'500-5'000 ---- $20'000'000'000(20 billion)
Class H: +5'000-15'000 ---- $75'000'000'000(75 billion)

Class I: 1km-10'000km ---- $1'000'000'000'000(1 trillion)
Class J: 1km-7'560'000'000km ---- $50'000'000'000'000(50 trillion)

Notes:

Reverse-Engineering;
-Much effort was invested in devising a system which was both reliable, and at the same time, virtually impossible to reverse engineer. As a further safe gaurd, scuttling devices were emplaced within each to completly destroy the device should such an attempt even be made, or the generator signifigantly damaged, in such a way as to pose little to no hazard to the ship or instalation wherein it is installed. OOC Translation; Not going to happen. Period.

Conventional weapons;
-This sheild provides NO PROTECTION against conventional weapons, only temporal technologies and changes in the timeline.

Maintaince;
-In order to insure the integrity of anti-reverse-engineering safegaurds, the units were made as low-maintaince as possible; completly solid-state, they have an estimated continuous operational lifespan of atleast 90 years(~3 RL months), and trade-ins will be accepted for 25% off same-class replacments, or equivilent value towards larger or smaller models.

Power Useage;
-Suprisingly, feild maintaince requiors little power, naturally dependent upon feild size. Activation or size increase, however, is quite power intensive, but is mitigated by the inclusion of pre-charged high-capasity volt-sink batteries within the unit, and an energy recycling system capible of recovering some 98.6% of expended energy during feild deactivation or size decrease.

Feild Size Expansion/Retraction:
-Feilds expand and retract at upwards of one-half the speed of light.

Over-lapping;
-Multipule feilds can be safly over-lapped, with no hazard or adverse side-effect; useful for redundent protection, or an alternative to using a larger generator for ships that slightly exceed the maximum feild size of a smaller, cheaper one.

Class A-H;
-These are fighter- and ship- based generators capible of generating a spherical feild of varrible size(see listed radius ranges), centered on the generator itself. ie, a Class A can create a feild upwards of 50 meters across; if centerally located within a ship, it can protect a vessel upwards of 50 meters in size. If not centerally located, the ship would have to be less than 50 meters or multipule generators used.

Class I-J;
-These are theatre sheilds, designed to protect teratory rather than vessels; both are quite large, and offer by far the best protective blanket for their cost.

Class I;
-Designed to provide complete planetary protection, the Class I is unique in it's ability to project a feild not centered on itself, instead typicly centered upon the planet's core. To prevent godmodding accusations, this generator will not function within close proximity to Earth, unless only covering concenting nations' terratory.

Class J;
-Because sometimes it's best to just sheild the whole damn star system, the Class J has an operational radius of 7 light hours; placed on Earth, it could cover the entire solar system out to, and somewhat beyond, the orbit of Pluto(~6 light hours). Similarly to the Class I, this unit is incapible of operating within the Solar system to prevent acusations of godmodery, unless it's radius is reduced to only cover concenting nations' terratory.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Intresting. Same concept as my 'lockdown barrier field' that is currently only an OOC plan at the moment. Of course, the lockdown field does the same thing through a different method, as well as certain other interdicting properties.

But kudos to making a somewhat affordable time shield.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

Well, I would seriously doubt that this is effective against high level temporal weaponry, but congratulations.
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Five Civilized Nations wrote:Well, I would seriously doubt that this is effective against high level temporal weaponry, but congratulations.
Considering that it alters the nature of time itself in an extreamly fundimental way? Yes, it would still be quite effective.

Rather than going for 'high level' temporal sheilds, I've basicly decided to alter the laws of physics to make time travel and the ilk physicly impossible.

And I've had this tech for over a year; I'm only just now sharing it.
Shadow Tech
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Shadow Tech »

Sooo will you be selling these?
Shadow Tech
"We splooge in your gene pool"
"In soviet ST ships choose you."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Shadow Tech wrote:Sooo will you be selling these?
Of course; these have been created exclusivly for export. I just want feedback befor putting it up on the nationstates forums.

I already have something better, and cheaper. It's just classifyed technology.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Well, because I just can't be bothered dealing with Temporal tech, (If it wasn't uberwanked I'd have no problem with it, other than just abstaining from its usage.)

so, ICly, we'd be very interested in this shielding, including working out some sort of contract to have it placed on a large amount of ships, and planets. But then, I did ask for it.

(and yes, I suspected it was less than utterly serious, but may as well at least ask, eh? Seems like it payed off.)
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

I'd love 2 of the J's. I need them. I'm wondering, however, if you could have it be a wide projection, rather than a sphere. Because I'm trying to protect the edge of my galaxy...
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:I'd love 2 of the J's. I need them. I'm wondering, however, if you could have it be a wide projection, rather than a sphere. Because I'm trying to protect the edge of my galaxy...

Wide projection? It alters time within it's area of effect; if you're thinking of something like putting a 'sheild wall' in front of your space, well, that wouldn't do much. Doesn't really do anything unless you're within the feild.

Protecting something as large as the edge of a galaxy would most likly be beyond the resources of any one nation; I could build the unit(s), but with the anti-reverse-engineering provisions, it would be a hellishly expensive project.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

We could work it as a joint project. I would help with funding, engineering, etc., and you would get a few planets out of the deal. Hows it sound?
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!