The Ultimate Protection Against Temporal Weapons

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:We could work it as a joint project. I would help with funding, engineering, etc., and you would get a few planets out of the deal. Hows it sound?
I don't need help with engineering, nor do I need planets; it'd just be absurdly expensive - like, a couple hundred thousand trillion expensive.

Galaxies are fricken huge, afterall; I'm not going to help you pay for this, and there's no way you could afford it by yourself.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Kanuckistan wrote:
Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:We could work it as a joint project. I would help with funding, engineering, etc., and you would get a few planets out of the deal. Hows it sound?
I don't need help with engineering, nor do I need planets; it'd just be absurdly expensive - like, a couple hundred thousand trillion expensive.

Galaxies are fricken huge, afterall; I'm not going to help you pay for this, and there's no way you could afford it by yourself.
Well... I could give you a few solar systems. I mean, think of the resources!
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote: Well... I could give you a few solar systems. I mean, think of the resources!
Right, pay me with something that costs you squat. No thankyou.

Look; 50 trillion buys a sphere 14 light hours across; you're talking about sheilding tens of thousands of lightyears. The difference in scale, and hence cost, can not be under stated.

Why not just but system sheilds for developed systems, planetary ones for large colonies, and smaller ones for small colonies. Much cheaper, and much more realistic.
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

I make it roughly £3.1X10 to the 17 or more acurately

£312857129000000000 when you can pay that much ill give you a cookie, and thats assuming that it doesnt increase cost to deploy a sheild of such immense size.
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

I've priced them so that they actually get much cheaper, atleast on a per-cubic-meter basis, as radius of effect increases; partly to curb prices, partly because I couldn't be assed to calculate volume.

But yeah, still uber expensive, and you're buying coverage for what's mostly empty space anyway.
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

I'm seriously considering, after I ICly reconfigure the Transpacial Physics Overlay Defense/Negation System (Better known presently as the R-Jammer) into a Temporal Technology jamming tech, selling units...

... Well, nah. It's hard to get Mekantan technology unless you're really buddy-buddy with the Mekantans. I'll let you all get screwed over by Kanuckistan's prices. ^_^
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

The Emperor Fenix wrote:I make it roughly £3.1X10 to the 17 or more acurately

£312857129000000000 when you can pay that much ill give you a cookie, and thats assuming that it doesnt increase cost to deploy a sheild of such immense size.
312 quadrillion... damn...
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

Well part of my piont is... is this shield just capable of increasing infinitly, there is no exponantial increase in need for power as size increases or anything like that.
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

Mekanta wrote:I'm seriously considering, after I ICly reconfigure the Transpacial Physics Overlay Defense/Negation System (Better known presently as the R-Jammer) into a Temporal Technology jamming tech, selling units...

... Well, nah. It's hard to get Mekantan technology unless you're really buddy-buddy with the Mekantans. I'll let you all get screwed over by Kanuckistan's prices. ^_^
You did give the R-Jammer to me, right?
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

The Emperor Fenix wrote:Well part of my piont is... is this shield just capable of increasing infinitly, there is no exponantial increase in need for power as size increases or anything like that.
With hardware provisions, it scales up quite well; power requiorments are directly proportional to volume, but given the system's high efficency and generally low power requiorments for enduring feild maintaince, the inclusion of a Kanuckistani Hawking Reactor into the package for power would by a secondary concern.

ie Power cost, even at massive volumes, is by far secondary to generator hardware costs; a Hawking reactor to power it would only add a fraction to the unit's total cost.