The Tarenteor Ubership

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.

So, how is it?

Total votes: 0

Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

The Tarenteor Ubership

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Ladies and gentlemen, the Tarenteor render is finally done, so I will reveal my ship to you. Note this, almost all the weapons are hidden, you can't see them. The projected cost of this project, which I started in January, is 100 trillion USD.

Now, with out further time wasted, the Tarenteor:

Size: 15x13.5x12km
Defense: 3 mm Reactive Nanite Shielding, 30 Metres Darkling Heavy Battleship Armor (Laced with Nuetronium particles), 1 metre Darkling Armor Waifers lined with Reactive Bonding Gel, Grav Field, Static Field, Level 15 Temporal Shields, Reflector Shield, Level 15 Spacial Distortion Shield (FTLi/STC smoother and patcher), Pskyer Shields, 1 Kanuckistani Temporal Nullifier.
Armament: 2 Trojan Farad Cannons, 100 Multi-pool gravatic cannons, 300 Heavy Long-range lasers, 300 Hornet Missile Pods, 50 Onehundred-twenty millimeter Railguns, 5 One Metre Railguns, 5 Heavy Yamamoto Cannons, 30 PACs, 50 Heavy GACs, 40 Heavy Heat Lances, 20 Medium Farad Cannons, 1 Purgatory Spacial Distortion Cannon, 1000 Light Burst Lasers.
Sublight Propulsion: 5 Heavy Grav Thrusters, 40 Plasma Thrusters.
FTL drives: 2 Sedrot Pocket Drives, 2 Variable Frequency Slipstream Drives.
Power: 6 Antimatter Reactors, 6 Plasma Reactors, 30x30ft block of nano-treadmills.
Support: 4 km storage/docking area

EDIT: Also, I was considering allowing the ESUS to commission one of these.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Great... nobody gives a shit...
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

CF is my saviour!
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

I'd say something, but you already got all of my feedback over AIM.

I still say that render looks pretty kick-ass...
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Damn, it forgot the cargo bays!
I need to think up numbers again.
*whines*

Oh, and I said the same thing when I first rendered it with the textures. :D

CF is my saviour!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

It seems underarmored and FAR too expensive for what you're getting.

It also seems to be lacking in the reactor area, although I don't know much about your reactor technology, so I could easily be wrong there.

Most of your weapons look okay, although I don't really know that much about most of them. It does look rather short on the point defense side of things though.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Central Facehuggeria wrote:It seems underarmored and FAR too expensive for what you're getting.

It also seems to be lacking in the reactor area, although I don't know much about your reactor technology, so I could easily be wrong there.

Most of your weapons look okay, although I don't really know that much about most of them. It does look rather short on the point defense side of things though.
Ok. How think should the armor be though? I heard no more than 5 metres from someone

CF is my saviour!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

I suppose it depends on how effective your armor is. The armor on my ubership was an incredible thickness. It was correspondingly slow, despite being relatively small for an ubership.

It also depends on what you want the ship to be. Do you want it to be relatively fast, but have less armor? Or lots and lots of armor while being slower?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Oh, and the main reason the price is uberhigh is because of the Purgatory Cannon. It's effect changes with power input and emitter type. The range is from teleporting things to random places, to rending things to pieces, to spawning self-eating wormholes. It was very expensive.

CF is my saviour!
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote: Ok. How think should the armor be though? I heard no more than 5 metres from someone
Depends on how large the ship is.

The 4.25km long Fell Warden-class Battle Dreadnaught in my storefront has 40 meters of armour, so 5 is definatly not your limitation.

Of course, that was only type 12 NES; fairly cheap and light, all things considered, so it's justifyible.

EDIT:
And very nice render; the model itself somewhat reminds me of a Space Truck, but the textures are very nice.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

The Darkling is semi-organic, carapace-like, but metallic. Very strong.

CF is my saviour!