Ectoplasmic Torpedos; Armour Obsolete!

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

The Silver Turtle wrote:So neutronium armour would stop this then?
*thinks*
*realises this is a silly question, of course it would*
Only real neutronium, not the kinds you'd find in star trek or star wars.
Crossman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crossman »

Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:Heheheh, I said ease of penetration. :lol:
Yes. Yes you did.
Blademasters
Site Admin

Post by Blademasters »

Interesting, how would this fare against energy weapons designed to intercept and destroy missiles? (the issue is whether they'd blow it up, not whether they could track it)
"The Avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-The Vorlons

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
-Albert Einstein

"Few people realize that the line between sanity and insanity is actually made of cheese." -Anonymous

"If you need a subspace transceiver to radio your engine room, you might be wanking"
-Capsule Corp
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Blademasters wrote:Interesting, how would this fare against energy weapons designed to intercept and destroy missiles? (the issue is whether they'd blow it up, not whether they could track it)
It would still be vulnerable to defencive energy weapons fire, unless such were kinetic energy weapons; however, such near-immunity to KE weapons would requior the feild to be active in flight, which would likly complicate the design of the missile's propulsive systems depending on what technologies you had avalible.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Well, that really depends on the way the missile works, doesn't it? I mean, if it's a straightline dumbfire, then all you need to do is pull it up to speed quickly, then flick on the field and let momentum do the work, so the engines would be un-necessary, no? It wouldn't solve the problem for missiles that manoeuvre on the way to the target, but then I might have the wrong end of the stick completely.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Jordaxia wrote:Well, that really depends on the way the missile works, doesn't it? I mean, if it's a straightline dumbfire, then all you need to do is pull it up to speed quickly, then flick on the field and let momentum do the work, so the engines would be un-necessary, no? It wouldn't solve the problem for missiles that manoeuvre on the way to the target, but then I might have the wrong end of the stick completely.
Well, yeah; dumpfires wouldn't have any problem with it, save, possibly, the warhead. I never addressed it because I didn't think anyone really used dumbfires.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

ah, yeah, that is true. I use dumbfire! Point defense systems can be overloaded! and their cheapness clears the way for expensive missiles that I really would rather broke through to the target, rather than exploding harmlessly. How much can a missile without guidance or excess fuel cost?

(Of course, those anti-formation warheads would work wonders against walls of missiles, but that's what staggered waves are for, no?)

Anyway. I like. It's got funk appeal. How much are y'all gonna sell these for, if you're going to? The first post is gone in the post message, so I can't see it, and I'm just too damn lazy to go check properly.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Jordaxia wrote:ah, yeah, that is true. I use dumbfire! Point defense systems can be overloaded! and their cheapness clears the way for expensive missiles that I really would rather broke through to the target, rather than exploding harmlessly. How much can a missile without guidance or excess fuel cost?
Yes, well, I'm used to dealing with ranges wherein you can readily miss a multi-kilometer long super dreadnaught with lightspeed weapons, so it's understandible that I'd overlook dumbfires. :P

The preliminary price was $1 million USD per missile add-on.
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Shadow Command of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Zarahemla »

Umm, just in case no one pointed this out yet... anyone who watched ghostbusters can tell you that you CAN block ectoplasmic energy :P
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by DemonLordEnigma »

Zarahemla wrote:Umm, just in case no one pointed this out yet... anyone who watched ghostbusters can tell you that you CAN block ectoplasmic energy :P
Just cast your standard Ectoplasmic Barrier spell, then sit back and laugh as he wastes his weapons. My people are not just relying on technology.