I need a gun.

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

I need a gun.

Post by Arizona Nova »

I need a gun, for my special operations unit to use. To give you an idea of the caliber of the people in it, think of them as a combination of SPARTANs and Navy Seals - insertion of a few of them into a battle can arguably turn the tide. They have the best equipment and the fastest ships of anyone in my armed forces.

However, I don't know what to arm them with.

I need a very good gun for them, as highly powered as a rifle (thus, a medium sized weapon, one which could be conceivably toted around without the assistance of power armor) could be without being a godmod. A veritable veg-o-matic of weapons.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Well, there is my MFP-330 series air-fed microfusion carbines; typicly posessed of plasma('light' targets/area damage), laser(armour-pircing/cutting/sniping), and UV taser('stun'/screw up or outright fry electronics) firing modes, with a 'clip' of solid reactor mass for operation in vacume, and a maximum firepower-on-target rating from 15 to 45 megajoules, tho they're highly custumisible. For comparison, a modern tank gun packs around 5 megajoules of KE per round.

They also come with universal power adapters so that they can double as generators, and being based on air-fed fusion reactors, ammo isn't usually going to be a concern.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Penguenia
The Silver Turtle

Post by The Silver Turtle »

If we do not live another day,
Say this over our pyre:
They died like High Guard Lancers
With their faces to the fire.

Regimental Hymn of the 13th Imperial Lancers
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

TST - bingo for side arms. If you could elaborate just a little bit on the abilities of the Gauss Gun side arm, specifically the abilities of the "smart bullet" and the advantages it would have over, say, TS Arms TSA-AMP, I will gladly order 1000 of said Gauss Guns.

Nonetheless, I still need a do-all and end-all assault rifle. Perhaps someone could partner up with my own research teams in making God's own rifle?
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Arizona Nova wrote: Nonetheless, I still need a do-all and end-all assault rifle. Perhaps someone could partner up with my own research teams in making God's own rifle?
Well, what exactly do you want? And how does the MFP-330 series compare?
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Hmmmm... on a careful reread of the MFP-330's abilities, it does look like it fits the bill. That and the Gauss Pistols would round out the weapons department quite a bit. Deal, says I. How much would 1000 cost?
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Arizona Nova wrote:Hmmmm... on a careful reread of the MFP-330's abilities, it does look like it fits the bill. That and the Gauss Pistols would round out the weapons department quite a bit. Deal, says I. How much would 1000 cost?
25k per unit for the high-end versions, so $25 million USD; yeah, it's rather pricy, but also powerful, robust, and, thanks to SAPL construction, nearly indestructible so long as you don't hit it with an anti-armour weapon.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Will do. $25 Million it is, and funds transferred to whoever is in charge of guns in Kanuckistan.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Arizona Nova wrote:Will do. $25 Million it is, and funds transferred to whoever is in charge of guns in Kanuckistan.
Uniphase Armouries Interversal is our main military contractor; they make the MFP line of weaponry. Tho dealings such as this are typicly conducted through the Kanuckistani Department of the Exterrior. You can send payment to either; weapons will be shipped shortly thereafter.