4th Gen Boomer

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:No, it would merely need electrical components. Then it can make it's own switches, etc. That and specially-grown bacteria would do it.
And if it's just a simple rifle without any electronic bits? Or a tank that's sealed against NBC? (As most future tech tanks are.) Or a powered armor suit that relies upon hydraulics as opposed to servos?

The fact is that while this is a cool idea, it's going to be scarcely useful in an actual battle, when the enemy would shoot you dead long before you got close enough to fuse with their equipment.

This ability has much more promise in espionage and sabotage.
who ever said it was a combat boomer :roll:
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Well, the microtendrils still have massive promise for melee. You could hit them, and wrap their heads in tendrils before throwing them around like a rag doll.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

ok i got a small simpleish idea on the fusion process (thank you bubblegum Crisis):-

Fusion is a nanotechnology which allows a Boomer to "fuse", or become one, with inorganic material like concrete, steel, and plastics. In the process of doing so, the fused material literally becomes part of the Boomer, under it's control. If a Boomer was fusing with a steel girder, that girder could become animate, bend as if it was another arm, etc. For cases where the fused material is electronic, the Boomer is capable of controlling the electronics as well, causing cut wires to rejoin, etc.

The Process of building such boomers are not all that different to the Path finders and other lower gen boomers. Even tho the boomer is extreamly expencive to produce and takeing 8 years to grow the end result is a perfect boomer to drop behind the enamy lines and disrupt trade lines, comm systems etc. The boomer also has good protental of assiassination roles on targets. This boomer is rather fast and strong but its not as smart as most and is not 100% scentiant.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

I can see the electronics bit working, but having this thing fuse with a iron pipe (for example) wouldn't let the pipe bend and move like an arm. No amount of nanotechnology (unless you make the whole damn pipe out of nanites) will rectify this.

A pipe is pretty rigid and innert. It's not going to be moving like how you describe.

It's an intresting idea, but not exactly feasable.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:I can see the electronics bit working, but having this thing fuse with a iron pipe (for example) wouldn't let the pipe bend and move like an arm. No amount of nanotechnology (unless you make the whole damn pipe out of nanites) will rectify this.

A pipe is pretty rigid and innert. It's not going to be moving like how you describe.

It's an intresting idea, but not exactly feasable.
ahh thanks to Bal i thought about that, the Nanites would weaken the pipe some what and create nerves and a small mussle like substance around it, tho it takes time when its a pipe. it would basicly use the pipe as bone but meke it flexible. think thats right (not in a grate state of mind so..) will ahve to look at it tomorrow.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Eh, simplify it and make it have to ability to merely add to itself. No magic bending, but the ability to shred the thing into component atoms and heft up the armor, or make it into claws that the hand molds around, etc.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

CF is my saviour!
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:Eh, simplify it and make it have to ability to merely add to itself. No magic bending, but the ability to shred the thing into component atoms and heft up the armor, or make it into claws that the hand molds around, etc.
that would a take more time b take more power to do and c not what im planning for the boomer
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Once your nanites removed material from the inside of the bend (using the arm example from before) it would weakin the object unless you replaced it when the pipe straightened out again. The hole from the "armpit" would create structural flaws.

Like I suggested on IM, the addition of the object into the structure of the boomer would have to have a control substructure consisting of mechanical and electrical controls to allow it to use the addition.

The picking up of an iron girder and attaching it to itself to use as a sweep arm would not be better than using it's own arms to do that. The addition of another limb would offbalance the boomer and then it would not be able to function correctly.

The use of nanites would not be a solution because the strength of the nanites would be nowhere near the tensile strength of the iron girder or pipe.

My opinion would be using the add on method to create arms and legs out of the objects it finds. Grab the turret off that tank and attach it to itself to fire the gun (provided you also have ammo), take over the tank and run over the troops, or just make it build itself an exoskeleton of vehicles and tanks to wear as it tramples the enemy base.

I've seen this method used many times in anime. I just can't think of some of their names at this moment.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Balrogga wrote:Once your nanites removed material from the inside of the bend (using the arm example from before) it would weakin the object unless you replaced it when the pipe straightened out again. The hole from the "armpit" would create structural flaws.

Like I suggested on IM, the addition of the object into the structure of the boomer would have to have a control substructure consisting of mechanical and electrical controls to allow it to use the addition.

The picking up of an iron girder and attaching it to itself to use as a sweep arm would not be better than using it's own arms to do that. The addition of another limb would offbalance the boomer and then it would not be able to function correctly.

The use of nanites would not be a solution because the strength of the nanites would be nowhere near the tensile strength of the iron girder or pipe.

My opinion would be using the add on method to create arms and legs out of the objects it finds. Grab the turret off that tank and attach it to itself to fire the gun (provided you also have ammo), take over the tank and run over the troops, or just make it build itself an exoskeleton of vehicles and tanks to wear as it tramples the enemy base.

I've seen this method used many times in anime. I just can't think of some of their names at this moment.
Yes, this is what I'm trying to suggest.

CF is my saviour!
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

still working on the thing tho im putting this project on hold