4th Gen Boomer

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

4th Gen Boomer

Post by CorpSac »

(ive not worked on the stats and stuff but im planning it to be a hand to hand based boomer with a new power called fusion (if anyone has ever seen or play Bubblegum Crisis (the place i got the idea for the boomers) you will know what this is but for those who dont i will make it simple for you. The boomer is able to fuse with any non organic item the more complex the longer it takes. EG it could fuse with a tank on its arm and then it would be able to control that tank, or even with Powered armor and kill the person insde its limitless apart to organic items).

any idea you might want to add to this boomer just tell me. oh and i couldnt find a better pic :(
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Intresting idea, but I'm not sure how it would work exactly. I mean, you could *possibly* use nanites to temporarily take control of an electronic device, but I don't see how this could take control of an inert peice of metal.

Basically, this idea will stand or fall on how well you explain the fusion process, and how it can actually work in the real world.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Underwater Asylum »

Me want.
Leader of the SCC. I also command a legion of monkeys.
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Intresting idea, but I'm not sure how it would work exactly. I mean, you could *possibly* use nanites to temporarily take control of an electronic device, but I don't see how this could take control of an inert peice of metal.

Basically, this idea will stand or fall on how well you explain the fusion process, and how it can actually work in the real world.
Currently working on that but it wont be nanites more biological (like Man machine interface)
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

CorpSac wrote:
Central Facehuggeria wrote:Intresting idea, but I'm not sure how it would work exactly. I mean, you could *possibly* use nanites to temporarily take control of an electronic device, but I don't see how this could take control of an inert peice of metal.

Currently working on that but it wont be nanites more biological (like Man machine interface)
Hmm, what about a liquid version of a brain? It would be a liquid made mostly of rearrangable synapses and nuerons. It would flow into control systems and rewire them. It would attach to things with small-large tendrils, which slide into the hands and arms, and secrete the brain-like liquid. Would it work?
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Once again, that requires a computer system in what the creature is trying to take over. If it is just a gun with no computerized bits, or a vibroblade (hint hint), the fusion ability will be next to useless as your enemy blows your boomer's brains out, or carves the boomer up like a christmas turkey.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

like i said im working on it but all the more feed back would be nice and if anyone wants to help just ask me on MSN
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

No, it would merely need electrical components. Then it can make it's own switches, etc. That and specially-grown bacteria would do it.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:No, it would merely need electrical components. Then it can make it's own switches, etc. That and specially-grown bacteria would do it.
And if it's just a simple rifle without any electronic bits? Or a tank that's sealed against NBC? (As most future tech tanks are.) Or a powered armor suit that relies upon hydraulics as opposed to servos?

The fact is that while this is a cool idea, it's going to be scarcely useful in an actual battle, when the enemy would shoot you dead long before you got close enough to fuse with their equipment.

This ability has much more promise in espionage and sabotage.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

But still, what if their dropped behind your lines, and then your own emplacements and things begin shooting you from behind.