Stargate Mark III - Prototype

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Northrop-Grumman Corp.
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The
Name: Chronosian Imperium

Post by Northrop-Grumman Corp. »

A massive, circular ring with a 36 strips of LED lights on an inner track that light up symbols which represent star constellations. The stargate is capable of sending people and objects hundreds of thousands of lightyears via an interstellar conduit called a "wormhole." One side of the gate holds nine equally-spaced, V-shaped, blue locking mechanisms, or "chevrons," capable of locking at least six constellations in place via the fixed inner track. The first six glyphs lock down a point in space, while the seventh represents the point of origin. When the seventh chevron locks, an unstable energy vortex emerges from the gate, incinerating everything in its wake. Once the vortex is gone and the event horizon is established, outbound travel may commence. Once objects have exited the other side, the stargate has the capability of shutting itself off after a few minutes.

Weight: 50 Tons
Diameter: 25 feet
Longest A Wormhole Can Be Established: Indefinitely
Dialing Time: 16 seconds

Glyph Systems
Milky Way Galaxy
Andromeda Galaxy
Saddon-Treshkmed Galaxy

Iris:
The purpose of the iris is to keep unwanted intruders, be it a person or object, from coming through the stargate. Once deployed, the iris rests a few micrometers in front of the event horizon, preventing matter from reintegrating as it arrives through the wormhole. Objects are destroyed, and living beings are killed instantly upon "impacting" on the iris. One of the known substances capable of passing through the gate despite the iris are radio waves. At the touch of a button, the Standard Stargate Mark III will be protected by an iris-like energy shield.

GDO Transmitter:
"Garage Door Opener." The device transmits a signal to the computer the stargate is dialing into, identifying the place and planet where the transmitting stargate is. It is much like a caller-ID system.

Dialing Devices

DHD:
Dial Home Device. The standard device connected to a stargate, covered in two concentric circles of symbols, with a central crystal. Pushing the right symbols in the right sequence, then the central cyrstal, activates the stargate.

Dialing Supercomputer:
One supercomputer with a dialing program; The console attached to the dialing computer has triangular DHD symbols on it instead of letters. As well as dialing out, the computer controls incoming wormholes by controlling the iris over the stargate. Also, pressing a a button on the top right portion of the console switches the glyph systems so you can dial a different galaxy.
Milky Way Galaxy Console
Andromeda Galaxy Console
Saddon-Treshkmed Galaxy Console

Built-in Pop-out Console:
Push a button on the side of the stargate and a small console pops out containing thirty-nine lighted glyph buttons, two galaxy glyph toggle buttons, and an iris activation button.

Power Source:
Since the stargate is essentially an enormous superconductor, it is capable of harnessing power from a wide variety of energy sources, especially electricity. In case of an emergency, the stargate has a back-up battery which can be used only once before it runs out of energy.

Stargate Network:
Each Mark III stargate is connected to the Northrop-Grumman Stargate Network. This network provides automatic updates to all stargates. It can also diagnose a problem within a stargate and notify expert technicians to resolve it. As a security feature, it tells us which stargates are connected to each other to prevent someone from throwing something like a nuclear weapon through the stargate and detonating it to leave no trace of who sent it.

Unit Cost: $2 Billion

-----------------------------------------------

Chevron Locking

Iris

Activated Stargate
Last edited by Northrop-Grumman Corp. on Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Ah, NG! So I take it the Mark I in orbit above my homeworld is obsolete then?
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Northrop-Grumman Corp.
The Mindset's Bitch

Arizona Nova wrote:Ah, NG! So I take it the Mark I in orbit above my homeworld is obsolete then?
No, not yet. It will be when the Orbital Stargate Mark II is out.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

I remeber when I bought a bunch of the mark IIIs
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Speaking of the Mark I, you never did give out the glyph addresses for me for it.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Would it be possible to set up a glyph system for my galaxy? We pay quite well.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Underwater Asylum »

Ah hah hah! I have the plans! *Ownzorz pay for gate foos*
Leader of the SCC. I also command a legion of monkeys.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Underwater Asylum wrote:Ah hah hah! I have the plans! *Ownzorz pay for gate foos*
*looks confused* Eh? You own it? Wait... is UA and NG the same person or what?
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Underwater Asylum »

Nope. Just a little thing called espionage. *ownzorz joo*
Leader of the SCC. I also command a legion of monkeys.
Northrop-Grumman Corp.
The Mindset's Bitch

Arizona Nova wrote:Speaking of the Mark I, you never did give out the glyph addresses for me for it.
Hmmm...point me to the post or thread.
Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:Would it be possible to set up a glyph system for my galaxy? We pay quite well.
Yes, it is. Make me an offer.