Tiamat class Command Carrier

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Tiamat class Command Carrier

Post by Skeelzania »

Following the Skeelzanian Civil War, much of the Navy's hard-hitting battlecruiser fleet was devestated in the battles around Solomon. This led to a fundamental shift in Skeelzanian tactics: the abandonment of massive line-of-battle formations and the utilization of hard hitting fast battle fleets, composed mainly of destroyers and cruisers centered around a heavy capital ship(s).

A new class of warships was called for to serve as the nucleus of the fleet. Part carrier, part battleship, they would coordinate fleet actions and serve as backup, as well as the principle carrier. Dubbed the Tiamat class, they would rival the Typhon grand cruisers in size.

Primary armament consists of six tri-gun plasma turrets in batteries of two. Two single-gun plasma turrets are located along the keel, providing additional firepower. Numerous secondary batteries provide anti-destroyer and anti-fighter cover.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Of course, this is in the wrong forum.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Not anymore.
Penguenia
Feazanthia

Post by Feazanthia »

*Drools*

Must...have...one...
Nations drown in turmoil
As blood is set upon soil
Peace is a lost dream
My sword is a merciless reality

The enemy creeps in darkness
And dwindles my people
My enemy turns worlds to deserts
With the heat of his enmity

Crimson seas call my name
Caves of death beckon me
The worlds have been doomed
Time has set itself against us

The redemption of my era
Will be brought about by fire
For I am the messiah of my age
Forgive me for the heavens torn asunder
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Neato. Although I wonder what those red bits are for.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Neato. Although I wonder what those red bits are for.
Those are actually landing pads (rear) and launch catapults (front). Space within the ship is limited, so the normally enclosed catapult is extended somewhat. The hanger itself is roughly Y shaped, with small craft landing at the rear and moving to the front of the ship for launching.

Crossman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crossman »

Very nice design.