Looking for a energy weapon, small shield

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Looking for a energy weapon, small shield

Post by Skeelzania »

I plan on releasnig two new star fighters sometime in the future, after the Zig performed poorly in recent combat. In my mind, that was due to its main armament being slow-firing plasma cannons that diminish its interceptor capabilites. Thats why I'm looking for the following: a fast-firing energy weapon suitable for dogfighting or light-ship attacks, and a heavier, slower, more powerful weapon for anti-ship use. The light weapon is of higher priority, since I can always use missiles to take out heavier craft.

Alright, that's one thing down. The second tech I would like to aquire is a shield for my fighters. Skeelzanian Hard Shields have trouble when projected over so small an object, causing most fighters to fly with no shield protection whatsoever. If anyone has a form of shielding suitable to fighter craft, that preferably protects against both energy (lasers, EMP, plasma) as well as kinetic weaponry I would also be interested in working out a deal.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Are you looking to buy finished systems or production rights?
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Production rights, prefereblly. Those are going to be the new front-line Skeelzanian fighters and I don't want production being snaggled up while we wait for a shipment.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Skeelzania wrote:Production rights, prefereblly. Those are going to be the new front-line Skeelzanian fighters and I don't want production being snaggled up while we wait for a shipment.
Ah; well, I can't readily help you, then - even if national security wasn't a concern, alot of my tech requiors varrious SAPL materials, so you'd have to import that anyway.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Oh Look, its the Valkyrie. Dont know if Rheinland will be too impressed.

You could use my old stuff.. but i dont remember how much of it works.. and you know what people are like.
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Arenumberg wrote:Oh Look, its the Valkyrie. Dont know if Rheinland will be too impressed.

You could use my old stuff.. but i dont remember how much of it works.. and you know what people are like.
I figured there was a NS Rhineland somewhere out there. Bugger to him, he can't 'own' something thats already copyrighted. God I remember when Foe Hammer worked his panties into a knot over the Liberty ships...

You have a link to your old stuff anywhere?

Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

You know what im like, mostly up here in the old noggin. (Brain).
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Arenumberg wrote:You know what im like, mostly up here in the old noggin. (Brain).
Guess you'll just have to remember then.

Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Yes i will :P.

I think, fighter shields are only a singular layer, unlike my larger ships (3 - layers). The Shield is a refractive/absorbtion dual, i beleive, Refraction knocks out most weapons effectivity, to a point, if you have even crappy armour the refracted shot has been diluted so much it just pings off, so when they get the rest out thinking you have no shield but uber armour, the other types of weapons , shock etc, are absorbed and then the power thats obtained used in the fighter, where applicable, and that wheel thing on the back, could fit it in there. ;).
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Sounds good, I think. The 'wheel' is actually the housing for the new liqchip antimatter engines and powerplants I'm working on, but theres still substantial room behind the cockpit for a shield generator.