PeeWee Class Tugabug

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

PeeWee Class Tugabug

Post by Jordaxia »

As is right with the world, this new ship was in fact designed around the name of the class, the most important feature if we are to adopt absolute perfection, and imitate all that we see on television.

So, without further ado, I bring, for your perusal and cries of "meh"... the... PeeWee class Tugabug!

(oh, by the way. This sounds best if you read it in a similar voice and style to Top Cat, which is what I had stuck in my head as I wrote it out.

Measuring in at a clement 1.4 kilometres in length, this is the largest dedicated Tugabug in the Entire Imperial Navy! Originally intended for large scale movement work for some unknown and completely unrelated reason that doesn't involve gigantic space hoops, why would you suggest such a thing, communist, the Tugabug has been adopted and radically redesigned by the Jordaxian Warrior Caste, and is being directly funded by them.

The PeeWee packs immense firepower in comparison to most Jordaxian fleet assets, incorporating advances into maser coolant systems in order to produce a more powerful beam. New missile guidance technology allow for advanced EW field burning, making missiles launched from the PeeWee much more likely to hit their target, whilst allowing the PeeWee to jam incoming missiles.

Using a close range asteroid disassembler, commonly used by mining families in the outer Oort cloud, asteroids can be broken up in the field, and converted to cheap ordinance, in case of war on Jordaxian home soil. Whilst such ordinance is arguably inneffective, in situations of low ammunition availability, any reserves are doubtless useful. Full conversion can be made in just under three hours, turning one moderate sized asteroid (smaller than the PeeWee itself) to be converted into 300 base-metal railgun rounds, which can be used for saturation attacks on enemy capital ships, or antifighter screening defense. Such projectiles would be mounted on the side railguns, and upper and lower railturrets to provide most effective coverage. The railguns are best used in a classical broadside, but have limited frontal and rear attack capability due to the upper and lower turrets. In the hanger bay, the PeeWee can launch 8 wings (three fighters each) of Rata-tat-tat fighters, in order to screen the advance of the capital ship. A troop contingent of 1600 zero-G marines is stationed aboard each vessel, to provide security in case of boarding. A gridsphere provides power to the vital systems, as well as a group of capacitors which can be activated in case of power loss.

Manoeuvrability is provided with main plasma torch drives, as well as lower-power ion drives to assist docking, etc, but overall acceleration, compared to other ships of a similar class is low, to allow for a higher turn rate and speed, making it more ideal than most ships for asteroid field fighting.

Most significantly, however, is that this ship completely lacks, at this moment in time, a hyperdrive, or any other form of FTL travel capability, meaning that all ships of this class built are bound in their home system. Given the non-expansionist nature of the Empire, this is not the problem it would be for other nations, but does mean that an extensive refit procedure would need to take place in order to allow this ship to assist in the defense of allies. It does, however, decrease build time, and allow for the addition of more weapons systems and armour, meaning that this ship can take, and deal out, far larger levels of damage compared to all other Jordaxian ships.

(That's it for now. This new class of ship is at the preliminary stages, and I realise that there isn't enough on it bar a simple marketing post for you to base an opinion on. I'd like feedback on the lack of FTL, and the asteroid-2-ammo thingy that I put on it. It is really designed for the purpose goal of being used by the warrior caste as a main weapon of choice for the upcoming disturbance that I'm planning. Stats and a picture will come later, when I ain't at uni.)
Last edited by Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Bandalok
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The United States Of
Name: Allanea

Post by Bandalok »

God is an imaginary friend for grown-ups.
Bandalok Factbook
Galactic Cartography
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Hrm. Less responses than I hoped, and I can't even tell what's being WTF'ed. The entire thing? The name? The "Tugabug" classification? The backward technology? Accusing people of being communists because they crazily believe that I'm building a big halo, though who knows where they got that idea...

Well anyway. I'll respond as far as I can.

It's called PeeWee because it's my biggest and most fiercest battleship, what would be the equivalent of a heavy battleship in most other nations classifications, though directly compared it's likely seriously underpowered. It's a Tugabug class because that name makes me laugh, and it is a converted tug ship. It uses backward technology because it's the most fun to RP with, 'nuff said. As for the halo thing... who knows?

No other comments? Is my technology so unexceptional, or do people really like to see stats so much because it actually gives them something to go on?
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Bandalok wrote:Image
Seriously, when I saw this pic, ROFL.

On topic, well, tis an interesting ship, to be sure... strangely named, for a dreadnought, but highly original. I wish more people would use "backwards" tech, like turbolasers, instead of "OMGSUP4RS1NGUL4R17YGUNZZZ!!!!1IPWNJ00" or use some bizarre pseudo-science tech they:
A) made up
B) got from some obscure sciencophile site NOBODY knows about except for them
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Arrr... Turbolasers can planetkill, they ain't backwards. But that isn't the point.

Backward weaponry is always more fun than uberleet weaponry, because uberleet weaponry ends fights within the first few milliseconds of engagement, or decides them before they begin. Just as an historical aside, I actually started to use small, weak, "backward" ships as a direct counter to Kanuckistan, as I had noticed the tendancy was to go for quality over quantity, something which, in real life, I agree with, but was becoming too dominant in NS. Just look at the gridfire that I used. At first it was unweakened, and far too strong, and met with resistance, which was completely justifiable. Then, I weakened it,making it virtually useless against any FtLi and gravity well. And now it's been completely phased out, as if by magic, as a weapon, leaving me with the gridsphere, a generator which can still be deactivated by FtLi (so I use pre-charged capacitors as a battlefield replacement incase my ships are caught in FtLi.)

There's nothing wrong with a maser as an energy weapon, as it doesn't (I believe) matter what form the energy takes as long as the same amount arrives on a target, so a maser just seemed like an attainable choice that was suitably sci-fi compared to lasers, which according to the omgfan trekkies can't even get past their deflector (said with metalguard on: guaranteed not to offend metallinauts, as he knows I only refer to the evil trekkies, and not the reasonable ones.)

There is a lot more weaponry that I haven't listed (reason: too lazy to come up with complete stats) which is in a similar vein, and most of my missile tubes fire many different types of missile, like EW missiles to confuse enemy missiles and tracking systems as a whole, lasery-missiles, stolen from Kanuckistan and Peter F. Hamilton, dumbfire saturations, Hummingbird all-in-ones, Yak and midge Kinetic-kill missiles, incendiary, nuclear, antimatter (very rare) and radiation (tech yet to be decided, for now it's just a very dirty bomb used in-atmosphere against civvie positions and dug-in territory, I've yet to make an antiship variant)

But yeah, aside from that, everything for this ship is decided on except the pic' (which will have a big Jordaxian flag emblazoned on it, since I decided what it'd look like. I like it.)
-Guo Xiang.