Ships are going and new ones are coming in!

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

Heh, anyone spare a planet killer?
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by DemonLordEnigma »

Don't need one. You see at the bottom, the missile launchers? You hit those and you pretty much take out the cannons near them. If those somehow survive, you send a small ship to strike the sweet spot between each pair of cannons and the only way he can hit you will destroy his own offensive installations at the same time.
Neo-Kalandria
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Neo-Kalandria »

With that wide array of guns, how exactly do you plan to get that close?
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Easy. Small ships are much harder to hit. You keep them distracted with something bigger and badder, like maybe a fleet or a massive destroyer.

It's a question of what you are going to pay attention to. Most people are not going to pay attention to that one fighter.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

DemonLordEnigma wrote:Easy. Small ships are much harder to hit. You keep them distracted with something bigger and badder, like maybe a fleet or a massive destroyer.

It's a question of what you are going to pay attention to. Most people are not going to pay attention to that one fighter.
Yes, and I'm sure they're going to fire their dinky little point-defence guns at capital assets when there's a target flying atound that they can actually hurt.
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Kanuckistan wrote:
DemonLordEnigma wrote:Easy. Small ships are much harder to hit. You keep them distracted with something bigger and badder, like maybe a fleet or a massive destroyer.

Yes, and I'm sure they're going to fire their dinky little point-defence guns at capital assets when there's a target flying atound that they can actually hurt.
So the plan needs a few adjustments. I'm just working off the picture and not any stats.
The Silver Turtle

Post by The Silver Turtle »

Yes, I'd assume JJR has learnt from the Death Stars mistakes...
If we do not live another day,
Say this over our pyre:
They died like High Guard Lancers
With their faces to the fire.

Regimental Hymn of the 13th Imperial Lancers
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

bah screw that i would just sit back a pound it with a SHRC (super heavy Rail cannon) that would take it out or at lest its shields...who knows never used a SHRC on a ship.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Of course, I'd love to see the look on your faces when your material weapons hit the static field and melt. And, of course, your energy weapons being deflected easily with multiple reflector shields. Also, once I add the 'tentacles' and finish it up, it will have more guns, and be slightly more tactically flexible. I'm not stupid.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Jangle Jangle Ridge wrote:Of course, I'd love to see the look on your faces when your material weapons hit the static field and melt.
I'd simply smile and note that conservation of momentum still applies no matter if a railgun shot is a flying puddle or cohesive slug.

The slug still has the same momentum (.65-.75c in extreme cases, such as CF Capital ship railguns) so you still get owned.

Do not pass go, do not tentacle rape young nubile schoolgirls. (That's Mekanta's job)
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."