The Federated Stellar Republics - An Overview

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

The Federated Stellar Republics - An Overview

Post by Wormia »

The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia

Statistics:
  • Economy: Weak
    • The economic standing in the Federated Stellar Republics has been consistently weak for several centuries. This is generally found to be the truth simply because the Wormian populace has been, and very much still is, guided by an almost ascetic set of values and truths. While a few good standing and galactically renowned corporations are Wormian founded and based, these are too few to make any significant impact on what is a very public-works based economy.

This mentality is unanimously agreed upon (by historians) to be the work of the Wormian Fifth Global war, the first such war on Terralonius III to be the effect of a corporate act of questionable intent. Being that the Fifth Global War was the most destructive internal conflict the inhabitants of Terralonius III ever weathered. After the Fifth Global War, Wormian citizens carry much animosity towards monopolistic, capital corporations, and believe that such power should always reside with the State.
  • Military: Strong
    • The Wormian military has been kept alive for an unrelenting need for defense. A defenseless nation was not a nation, merely developed territory idely waiting to be annexed. Wormian leaders knew, that in the affairs of states, that the kindest intents did not lead to victory in the long run, thus, a publicly supported military was kept in full standing. Particularly during the isolation era, the military was useful in keeping unwanted vessels from the Terralon System.

Despite Wormia's economy, or lack thereof, the Wormian military forces are the most well equipped, modern and numerous forces in Andromeda, at least as according to numerous United Nations surveys. The fleets and armies are kept in good maintenance through what is called the Alloy Tax, where all corporations either based within or outsourced to Wormia pay 10% of their Wormian profits to the Wormian Government. originally instated for mining operations to pay 10% of their resources, the law has since evolved and the name merely stuck.
  • Lifestyle: Excellent
    • The Wormian people are not terribly demanding in terms of needs, they enjoy basic freedoms in governing their respective provinces as far as public works and fund allocation for improvement projects. Wormia's cities are very urban and cosmopolitan. Corporate ads are at a minimum, but have been on the rise so as to give the Wormian economy some upspeed.

Poverty is almost entirely a thing of the past, and although there is a lower, middle, and upper class, each class is guaranteed food, water, and some shelter. State funded projects of domestic improvement currently reign supreme as the dominant Wormian expenditure, excepting defense, of course.
  • Rights: Few
    • The Wormian citizenry enjoy few civil rights that affect the actions of government, a fact they grow continually more discontent with by the passing year. They DO, however, enjoy full and unwavering control over domestic projects such as slideways and hydroponic farms. Education and jury duty are also areas where the citizenry of Wormia controls the government, and not vice versa.
  • Diplomacy: The Federated Stellar Republics is currently engaged with Northrop-Grumman
    • being edited.... lots more to come.
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

I'll delete this post after a few days, but I've just got to know: How can your people have a strong military and excellent lifestyle when you have a weak economy? They're interlinked.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

Post by Wormia »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:I'll delete this post after a few days, but I've just got to know: How can your people have a strong military and excellent lifestyle when you have a weak economy? They're interlinked.
I was worried someone would ask that. But, being that post is sort of an IC thing, I didn't want to put that on NS it basically says that. Somehow, and don't ask me how, I always get #1 in "Largest Defense Forces" in my region, and somewhere within the 2,000's in terms of the world.

I have no idea.

Anyways, I've oft RP'd with my rather poor economy, as generally speaking, Wormia cannot field verymany troops at one time, or we had three ships patrolling the Alien Covenant Homeworld after the Covenant War. Little things like that I put in my RP's to make inferences that while Wormia is a great place to live, a better, well... more extravagant lifestyle would be found most place except Wormia.

Wormia is like Russia, to a slightly different extent. Russia has boatloads of poverty, a small middle class, and a few millionaires. Well, Wormia has very little poverty, boatloads of a middle class, and the number of millionaires being countable on your fingers. Literally. I picture a small, homely "cottage" if you will, to be the common standard of Wormian housing. Of course, omitting straw in favor of more modern composites, but the idea is the same. Again, nothing extravagant, but nothing shameful.

You don't have to delete your post... I... really don't care.
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."