A cloak idea I want to try out.

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

That's why all my capital ships are huge and unmanouverable. Lots of redundancy+ lots of armor and shielding+ lots of guns has proven to be a winning combonation in the past.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Blademasters
Site Admin

Post by Blademasters »

lots of redundancy + lots of guns + lots of fighters + lots of defenses + maneuverability of a considerably smaller ship... has proved to be a far more effective combination. Anyway... my thoughts on cloaking devices and the like: relatively easy to detect: mass shadows, active scanners, etc. Even if you can create an undetectable one, the first time you fire the enemy knows you're there, and assuming you can't kill them all in one shot, they'll find you eventually, and it won't be pretty for you.
"The Avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-The Vorlons

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
-Albert Einstein

"Few people realize that the line between sanity and insanity is actually made of cheese." -Anonymous

"If you need a subspace transceiver to radio your engine room, you might be wanking"
-Capsule Corp
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Blademasters wrote:lots of redundancy + lots of guns + lots of fighters + lots of defenses + maneuverability of a considerably smaller ship... has proved to be a far more effective combination.
That's the trick. You can't really have all those things together. Hence why my ships sacrifice Maneuverability. Although my new ships sacrifice speed as opposed to Maneuverability.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by DemonLordEnigma »

Damn. My pen ran out of ink. Looks like I'll have to get a new one for taking notes with.

Feel free to continue. All of this is helping me develop the idea more fully.