A cloak idea I want to try out.

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Screw cloaking, I'm going to make "subspace submarines." Ownzor :lol:
Penguenia
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Shadow Command of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Zarahemla »

Yeah, and if you're under attack by said plan, you see a bunch of drones pop out of nowhere and start attacking you. Your first reaction is to take them out... depending on how good your weapons systems are, that could take seconds, unless your drones are, you know, good. Well either way, now there is so much debris and confusion in the area, that trying to detect a half meter gap in a cloak field would be kinda hard, even if you were looking for it!
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot

Post by Zarahemla »

Penguenia wrote:Screw cloaking, I'm going to make "subspace submarines." Ownzor :lol:
Oh I got something like that :P
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Zarahemla wrote:Yeah, and if you're under attack by said plan, you see a bunch of drones pop out of nowhere and start attacking you. Your first reaction is to take them out... depending on how good your weapons systems are, that could take seconds, unless your drones are, you know, good. Well either way, now there is so much debris and confusion in the area, that trying to detect a half meter gap in a cloak field would be kinda hard, even if you were looking for it!
Unless the enemy's targeting computers, sensors, and/or weapons are fast enough to track, target, and/or blast your ship.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

I usually reserve cloaking for my sneaky ships, like the Schicksalschiff. For that I went all out and got the phase cloak package, so it could be sneaky and pwnzor planets and stuff.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot

Post by Zarahemla »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Zarahemla wrote:Yeah, and if you're under attack by said plan, you see a bunch of drones pop out of nowhere and start attacking you. Your first reaction is to take them out... depending on how good your weapons systems are, that could take seconds, unless your drones are, you know, good. Well either way, now there is so much debris and confusion in the area, that trying to detect a half meter gap in a cloak field would be kinda hard, even if you were looking for it!
Unless your targeting computers, sensors, and weapons are fast enough to track, target, and blast your ship.
Oh come on, first rule of sci fi, you don't have your active scanners on all the time :)
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot

Post by Zarahemla »

Anyway, what is the point of fighting while cloaked? I mean, I only use cloak for spying, except for my one series of stealth corvettes... they're for recon and quick in-and-out strikes. You aren't going to get more than a few seconds out of this at any rate!
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Zarahemla wrote:Anyway, what is the point of fighting while cloaked? I mean, I only use cloak for spying, except for my one series of stealth corvettes... they're for recon and quick in-and-out strikes. You aren't going to get more than a few seconds out of this at any rate!
That's exactly the point. Against a sufficiently advanced or intelligent enemy, there is no real benefit to fighting while cloaked.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Zarahemla
ESUS Spambot

Post by Zarahemla »

Fighting while cloaked? Who on earth said anything about fighting while cloaked? If you're exchanging fire, you've failed! The goal is FIRING while cloaked... in other words, Firing, and getting the eff outta there.

The only Cloaked Fighting ship I has only fights with an optical cloak and stealth armor. It makes it harder to track, but the thing needs shields and maneuverability to survive on top of that!

My ships NEVER sit still in combat... that's how you assure your death :P
Drop a train on 'em!

ImageImage
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Zarahemla wrote:My ships NEVER sit still in combat... that's how you assure your death :P
No, I'm quite sure that with a AI or DS on targeting, good weapons, and >C weaponry, I could assure your death with or without movement.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}