[FAQ] ESUSWiki Commentary and Questions

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Well, the statistics I included I thought of as a sort of "summary" of the most important statistics in a vessel - length, power plant, complement, etc. As well, all the statistics from the original infobox are included in mine and organized into the "career" and "characteristis" sections, except the designer field (which I felt was lumped in Manufacturer, and if not that was something you'd discuss in the article more than the infobox).

As well, I added a species infobox for Sskiss - you can look that over and correct any mistakes I made. I didn't remove the stats yet, and I leave that for you to do if/when you're satisfied with the species template.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Rupil
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Rupil »

The Species infobox seems kinda Sskiss-specific. It seems more important to have things like average height and weight than "biological era"- which really only matters since the Sskiss didn't evolve in the current human one. Ditto with seperate origin and homewolrd categories.
Current Nation: Nhotap
Non-Human Organisms That Allow Plots
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Rupil wrote:The Species infobox seems kinda Sskiss-specific. It seems more important to have things like average height and weight than "biological era"- which really only matters since the Sskiss didn't evolve in the current human one. Ditto with seperate origin and homewolrd categories.
Biological era can apply as much to any species, including the Sskiss. For example, for the Anikari, it might only be the last 10,000 years. It depends solely on how long that the species in question has been in fact deemed to be a seperate, independent example. As well, if your species is lucky enough to have the same Origin and Homeworld, then just put the same planet for each one. Some species (Anikari included) have not been so fortunate. Althought it definitely could use refinement - I will work with it using the bits from the Template:Ship Infobox to divide it up into sections like "General Characteristics" and "General Statistics," and work the average heights, weights, etc. into the statistics area.

Secondly, I realized the problem with the ship infoboxes. What we need is a "Ship" infobox and a "Class" infobox, as information in one doesn't fit well in the other (i.e., the difference between Character and Species).
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I've done some reorganising.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

My nice templates have been annihalated. :(

Never mind. We're good now.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

IMPORTANT: I'M GONNA HAVE TO DISABLE IMAGE UPLOADS. IT'S USING 600% OF MY DISK SPACE ALREADY.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Okie dokie. I've hacked mediawiki to let me use img tags (which are severely crippled by default. Use http://wiki.esusalliance.co.uk/?title=T ... talk:Image for images now. You'll have to host everything off-server from now on.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Oh bloody hell. We figure this out just as I'm going on vacation. Mindset, you can delete some of my higher-res pictures if you want; I'll fix them after I get back. Specifically, I'm looking at the "Fist" and "Hyperion" pictures.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I fixed it by deleting some of my personal stash. Uploads are disabled now.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I've just upgraded my account. I've now got an additional 600MB spare :) I'll be re-enabling uploads tonight.