[FAQ] ESUSWiki Commentary and Questions

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I've disabled signups. Why? Because I have learned that, perhaps, some morons are planning to mass-graffiti it. Since it won't let you edit without an account, and I've disabled account creation, they won't be able to. If you want an account, you'll have to ask me.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

I would like one please.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

you rickity rock dude
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

*Does Dance*
Started mine, and it is easy.

One question though, is "embedded image" how I throw a pic in?
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

The Mindset wrote:I've disabled signups. Why? Because I have learned that, perhaps, some morons are planning to mass-graffiti it. Since it won't let you edit without an account, and I've disabled account creation, they won't be able to. If you want an account, you'll have to ask me.
Who was rumored to be planning this?
Penguenia
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Penguenia wrote:
The Mindset wrote:I've disabled signups. Why? Because I have learned that, perhaps, some morons are planning to mass-graffiti it. Since it won't let you edit without an account, and I've disabled account creation, they won't be able to. If you want an account, you'll have to ask me.
Who was rumored to be planning this?
Pointing a finger in public wouldn't be nice, especially if I turned out I was wrong. Regardless, this is an adequate security precaution to take, in leiu of past events.

See Ж.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Arizona Nova wrote:Oh yeah. New ship template!

http://wiki.esusalliance.co.uk/?title=T ... ip_infobox
AZ, your new ship template seems rather redundent, sinse most people will add a comprehensive set of ship stats to their own ship descriptions.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

It looks nicer. :evil:

And besides, my interpretation of the ships section of ESUSWiki is that within it, one talks about the ships as ships and not as big gobs of statistics. This template works better as far as that is concerned, and eliminates redundancies in the original template.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

I don't like the arbitrary statistic fields you put in. Why are there fields for power plant and complement, and not for other technical statistics about the ship? The original infobox seems better, mostly because it has no arbitrary fields.

The blue coloring and the "number built" field would work well on the standard infobox, though.
Penguenia