Mechanized Infantry (or, I NEED YOUR HELP)

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Mechanized Infantry (or, I NEED YOUR HELP)

Post by Allanea »

Given the set of reforms introduced in the Allanean military during and after the First Freemen's crusade, the United States Army has now published a sample ORBAT for a generic Allanean Mechanized Infantry division, as follows:

130 x TR-500 Templar main battle tanks
250 x [url=http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=TR500_Templar]Templar-based IFVs[/utl] with a capacity of 20 troops each.
20 x Armoured Recovery vehicles based on the Templar platform.
5 x 'Prior' command vehicles on the Templar platform [open to replacements]
25 x light ground-to-air defense vehicles [limited anti-orbit capacity]
72 x Allanean Arms Felrune Mark I MLRS launchers
30 x Potential Allanean Tank Destroyers [no contract awarded yet]
3000 x AMT trucks
80 x “Anger�-class dual-purpose gunships
1 x Skyshield battery [some form of heavy anti-air/orbit vehicle, possibly armed with anti-ship missiles]

Okay, guys, here's the deal: I'm trying to work out a detailed ORBAT for my mechanized divisions, as it is obvious, I need ideas for some of the vehicles that I haven't worked out yet, and I need your ideas/suggestions.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Re: Mechanized Infantry (or, I NEED YOUR HELP)

Post by Sskiss »

Allanea, I'm rather surprized your people still utilize the concept of wheeled and tracked vehicals. Also, what is the main function you are trying to plan for your army? Is it invasion/offense? If so, anti-orbital defences may be uneccessary, especially if you've achieved orbital/space superiority.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

I know that LOGICALLY, I should not even HAVE a ground force apart from a dozen of Navy teams, however, several points:

1. Shared planets. In warfare in Sol system, you never have complete control of the entire thing, and someone might still come up in orbit.

2. Someone might turn up with more ships after you've chieved space superiority.

3. Allaneans (like WW2 allies) sometimes enter ground combat before space superiority is completely theirs.

4. I also may need to defend against mass-invasions in the future. Necrons, Megarachnids, Zerg all exist in the NS-verse, and all THREATEN ZE REPUBLIC.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Allanea wrote:3. Allaneans (like real men, or real whatever) sometimes enter ground combat before space superiority is completely theirs.
Fixed :)

Real men don't watch the fireworks from shiny screens or brain-computer interfaces at the safety of millions of kilometers away like pussies .
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die