[INFO] ESUSWiki

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Hyperspatial Travel wrote:Just so you know, Penguenia, just add the: [[Category:ESUSWiki unfinished]] tag to your article, and it's automatically moved into unfinished.
No, you add {{unfinished}} to the top, it'll add a banner saying it's unfinished, AND add it to the relevant category. Which I've already done anyway.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Okie dokia. Pretty much all Wikipedia templates should work on the ESUSWiki now.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Yeah. So I took a little initiative and made an Out of Character category on ESUSWiki to store all the relevant OOC data on everything. I hope it's up to code.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

http://wiki.esusalliance.co.uk/index.ph ... :Religions

Alright people! Religions in your country - lets hear about them!
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Re: ESUS Wiki

Post by Arizona Nova »

ALL MEMBERS (ESPECIALLY NEWER ONES) PLEASE NOTE:

If the wiki is being bothersome to you, and/or your account does not work, simply do a write-up for an article and post it here with its intended name on the Wiki. One of our rabidly crazy Wiki staff will move to upload it asap.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Re: [INFO] ESUSWiki

Post by Arizona Nova »

MAJOR UPDATE TO TEMPLATE:SHIP INFOBOX!

I've updated ship infobox to use more sophisticated "if-then" functions for its information. As such, when making ship pages from now on, use this template:

http://wiki.esusalliance.co.uk/index.ph ... fobox_ship

Leave any irrelevant details blank, they will not display on the page (i.e., don't even use n/a).

THIS UPDATE IS ALSO BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. Anyone with ship pages up do not need to update their page, though feel free to add the new information in.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Re: [INFO] ESUSWiki

Post by Arizona Nova »

Alright, when uploading to the ESUSWiki, do try and keep things under 500kb/800px, whichever comes first. I know 150kb is a bit draconian and a lot of you probably blow past that warning, but having a picture upwards of 500kb is a bit excessive; the wiki is a reference, not an image-hosting service. I'll be cruising through the files section and cutting back the fat periodically.

To do that:
-Don't save complicated pictures (ship renders w/backgrounds) as a 24bit png; instead, save as a jpg, and reduce the quality 15 percent, to 85 percent quality. The difference is barely perceptible at full resolution and negligible in thumbnails.
-For simpler more stylized files (flags, seals, etc.) do save as a 256 color PNG. JPGs will result in lower quality for these and usually be larger; PNG works best in this instance.

This reduces our bandwidth and makes the wiki more browsable for people with slower connections.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}