Vexillology (the Making of Flags)

Buy, sell, trade, barter technology, resources, ships, weapons and goods; commission flags, designs, etc.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Naut's new flag, post-convo.

Note: I know that it's not using a "flat tone" color, but in this case his flag required one, "flat" field of something like gold, and this is what the "gold" swatch in PSP 8 looked like. ICly it makes for an expensive, but highly flashy flag.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

MARY KRISMAS

[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Wiki-format:

NS-format:

Working on Otagia's next.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

When I started this thread, a few days ago, I generally knew that there would be general flag-making and flag-buffing being done. I had another goal in mind, though. There has always been one nation whose flag has been sort of amorphous. There has been the occasional IC description, but on his actual nation's page or on the Wiki, reports of it have been - conflicting. I thought this terribly unfair, for this nation, being a Senior Director and great military power, deserved a banner that would strike fear across the galaxy. That nation is, of course, Central Facehuggera. So a couple days ago, I asked him if I could possibly make a flag for him (after probably creeping him out with my flag-stalking ways, I do not know), and here is the fruits of that labor:

Based on earlier existent symbols and a little discussion via PM, this is, I believe the final, current, and official flag of Central Facehuggeria. Terran Empire, eat your heart out. :P
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Thats the oddest reaction I've gotten to a flag yet. :P

Siesatia's flag: this one turned out to be way, way harder than I had initially approximated it to be. It was worth it though.

Wiki:

NS, at the original size Drake offered it:

...and a little smaller, just in case:

People have been also asking about "payment," jocularly of course. I did have an idea along those lines, though. Now, this is the Internet, and paying for art you already have, just re-rendered in high-quality format is silly (and illegal in some cases), but I have thought up a matter of repayment - which helps you as much as me. A lot of the current ESUSWiki articles, especially on nations, are rather bare and lonely, or very very outdated. You could repay me, by doing some nice write-ups on your nation on them. They don't even have to be formatted; heck, just dump out the entirety of all recorded knowledge about your nation onto a page; I'll get it sorted out nearly eventually. I'm not going to enforce this policy, as that would also be prudish (and probably encourage abuse of technicalities), but if you can find it in your heart to devote some time to making an ESUSWiki article about your nation, you can consider the debt very handily repaid. ICly, I'm going to translate this into the assumption that Arizona Nova is known for high-quality cloth and flags both, though this is little more than fluff.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Flag for the Othranar:

Wiki-grade

NS-format.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Ah, you know the drill...

While I disagree on having the blade and pick-axe be lines, I do appreciate Blademaster's appreciation of pennants. :P
Last edited by Slipknaut on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Pale Rider Arms

~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

And a suggestion I had for the seal of Aegeus:
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Note @ Otagia: No, I haven't forgotten about your flag. I've got the Imperial Japanese flag and I have turned the field black, but I have questions about the bird. Catch me on IM later.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}