Formula Listing - Requires Input

It's what you think it is.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

The Mindset wrote:
Sskiss wrote:Mindset, what is all this for? Why did you do this?
I'm working on a budget calculator similar to the thirdgeek.com one, only designed specifically for space nations.
Okay, I have just a few suggestions here. My people have no real concept of an economy, how would you factor that in? Also my people need far less to keep them happy or comfortable compared to most other races - We Sskiss are a spartan lot. Add more government types to, like unification, democracy and so on.

One more thing. Try not to play "favorites" if you know what I'm getting at. Try and consider and take into account "other ways of being" as we Sskiss would say. In other words, races that are substantually more alien and "not the norm" here.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Indeed, this is what I intended to do with the Mentality modifier.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

The Mindset wrote:Indeed, this is what I intended to do with the Mentality modifier.
Oh, I forgot, no economy also means no real taxes either. My species is "racially" oriented. We do everything "for the race". Anything else is alien to us.

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

Are you allowed to mix some of the values? For example, what if Torontonias has a corrupt government, but is a pacifist nation? would the negatives subtract from the positives to give a smaller number (Still Positive) Or can we only pick one?
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Torontonias wrote:Are you allowed to mix some of the values? For example, what if Torontonias has a corrupt government, but is a pacifist nation? would the negatives subtract from the positives to give a smaller number (Still Positive) Or can we only pick one?
Mentality may be multiple choice, yes.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

The Mindset wrote:
Penguenia wrote:Looks nice, but the Mentality numbers are screwy. Where did you pull those from? :lol:
Indeed I did, Jangle is correct. Can you suggest improvements?
Well, hiveminds are defiantly more efficient than others, but machines are sometimes rampant (probably why one would be ruling anyway), dictators often streamline the government, and religious governments often don't have support of all the people. But I see you've changed it some, and I like this better.

EDIT: Also, I'd think less political freedoms would in some ways increase government efficiency, or at least overly excessive freedoms should get as much negative modifiers as overly repressive systems.
Penguenia
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

ok dont know if this has been asked but i must:

1) what if you have mutiply races in your empire (eg i have the CorpSacians, The Invids who are hiveminded and do the research most of the time, The insectoids (hive minded manual laber), Vampires, Elves, boomers, AI's and more) is that going to be worked in or is that already there (i've looked it over but i dont see anything like this, tho i could be vary wrong) or would this make things complex(er)
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Government type is multiple choice.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

The Mindset wrote:Government type is multiple choice.
Are the government ratings (modifiers) added together, or divided by the number of governments you choose?

The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

They're added together.