Test 16: Northrop-Grumman & Underwater Asylum

This subforum is for passed applications past.
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

Okay... Mutters crossly about having too little to grade on...

Scenario #3: The time has come for a grand naval review of the entire ESUS naval forces, but during this grand review, an outside force (you choose) launches an attack annilihating much of the ESUS naval forces. RP your counterattack...
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Underwater Asylum »

+++1100 hours Galactic Standard Time, ESUS shipyards+++
"What a disaster. To think some pirate forces attacked and virtually managed to obliterate the entire ESUS fleet... Communications officer, signal Albia. Tell them we need one of the Selopod tac units ASAP."
These were the words of acting commander of the UA division, as he looked out at the flaming wreckage of the ships that had been destroyed, and then sighed. The pirates had escaped, but they wouldn't get away. They were on an ocean world, underwater, which was ideal, given that the closest, nondamaged unit was a Selopod squadron.

+++1500 hours, Galactic Standard Time, LLI-993++
"This is Sel-01, any from the others yet?" A voice, obviously electronic, crackled through the comm unit.

The human sitting at the desk, with a map of tactical data, swore a little, and then answered "None, Sel-01, and maintain comm silence. We don't want the pirates to know we're here."
Leader of the SCC. I also command a legion of monkeys.
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Right... UA, if NGC does not post here within the next week, I'll begin a solo RP testing thread for you...
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Northrop-Grumman Corp.
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The
Name: Chronosian Imperium

Post by Northrop-Grumman Corp. »

OOC: I apologize for my absence these past few weeks. My senior year in high school has been a real pain lately with Physics and Pre-Calculus. Also, in work, I have had to fill in for people many times lately. I will try to never allow this to happen again in the future. Please accept my apology.

===============================================

IC:
0800 Hours Northrop-Grumman Standard Time
General Walter P. Ellis Fleetyard above P3X-719

“What!?!� shouted General Walter Turner after he read the report about the attack. "Why didn't I hear about this sooner?�
“I’m sorry, sir, but my orders were to send it to the Chairman first. Besides, he wants you to coordinate with allied forces and launch a counterattack,� replied Lieutenant Stuart.
“Fine,� Turner says as he begins to write on a piece of paper. “What are our available forces at this time?�
“Sir, we have two battlestars, thirteen BC-303s, around one thousand F-302s, and several scout ships.�
Turner finishes writing out the final details and hands it to the lieutenant. “It’ll have to do for now. Send this out encoded to all allied forces now!�

-------------------------------------------------------

To: All ESUS Forces
From: General Walter Turner, Commanding General of the Northrop-Grumman Air Force Space Command

As you all know, an attack was launched upon all of our vessels that destroyed most of them. Because of that incident, I have been authorized by the Chairman to launch a counterattack to obliterate these pirates. I believe it would be in our best interests to assault the enemy forces as a whole. Therefore we wish to participate in any way we can in a counterattack against them. Here is a list of the available forces we have: two battlestars, thirteen BC-303s, around one thousand F-302s, and several scout ships. While it is not a formidable force, together with vessels of other ESUS members, we can obliterate the enemy.

Sincerely,
General Walter Turner
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

+++Time:1700 GST, Location: LLI-993+++
---Transmission Begins---
To: NG Space Forces
Welcome to the counter attack, General Walter Turner. The enemy has been traced back to the ocean planet of LLI-993, also known as Trio. They have several bases underwater. Please attend immediately.
---Transmission Ends---

The Selopod tactical fighters, strange, tentacled things, that looked just like the Selopods themselves, begin to move closer to the planet. They were jamming the pirates sensors.
Northrop-Grumman Corp.
The Mindset's Bitch

0845 Hours NGST
General Walter P. Ellis Fleetyard above P3X-719

Lieutenant Stuart knocked on the door of General Turner's office.
"Enter," Turner says while looking up from his desk towards the door. "Any news?"
"Yes, sir," replied Stuart as he entered the room. "We just received this transmission a minute ago from Selopod Squadron 1 of Underwater Asylum. They say that the enemy has been hiding on LLI-993 in several underwater bases."
"About how far is that planet?"
"Roughly two days."
"Alright, send the fleet now."
"Yes, sir," replied Stuart as he headed towards the door.

Twenty minutes later, more than one thousand vessels left the shipyards and made the jump into hyperspace.
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Please do continue, so I can actually get enough material to grade you.
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

The strange vessels which carried the Selopods began to move to the planet at an agonizing pace, blocking their sensors all the while, preparing to strike. Now, given that each ship was over ten metres long, and had 12 or so razor sharp tentacles with laser cannons on the end, it wasn't just a little thing that you could just shoot.
Northrop-Grumman Corp.
The Mindset's Bitch

OOC: I'm going to jump two days forward to the point where my vessels arrive at LLI-993. I cleared this with UA first. I hope there are no objections.

IC: Almost two days later, the fleet exited from hyperspace just outside of the system containing LLI-993. Immediately upon arrival, they activated their shields and powered up their weapons. On the bridge of the battlestar Velikhov, Colonel James Warren paced the bridge.
"Airman, anything on the scanners?" he asked.
"Nothing, sir," replied the airman.
"Hmm...that UA force is most likely around here somewhere. Let's just continue on towards the planet and hope that they contact us."
"Yes, sir."
The fleet began making its way towards the planet fully armed and ready.
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Closes eyes as he prepares to grade... You know what, this should have been separated, since the stuff deteriorated after the first scenario... If you guys want I'll allow you to do a solo retest.

Northrop-Grumman
Scenario #1: 81
Scenario #2: 88
Scenario #3: 81
Average: 83

Underwater Asylum
Scenario #1: 81
Scenario #2: 84
Scenario #3: 82
Average: 82

General Comments for both testees: In general, you're posts are short, very undescriptive, and as a whole tedious and boring to read, although you're grammar and spelling are better than most. I find the majority of the post not only uninteresting, but completely random. The only good post was Northrop-Grumman's reply to the second scenario.
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki